Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2690 2691 [2692] 2693 2694 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226824 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #40365 on: October 12, 2020, 04:07:21 pm »

Somehow, the words "Weekend Prison Passes, Dukakis On Crime" are seared into my consciousness even though I wasn't alive for that election.
I vaguely remember 1988. I think my grandfather's reaction (a Yellow Dog Democrat who voted for Mondale and Dukakis and detested Reagan, but liked Nixon and always voted for Jesse Helms) was "well...at least it was better than last time".

Sadly, I don't see a credible path for Biden to match or exceed Bush-Dukakis and he'd need 14 EVs. South Carolina and Alaska would only give him 12. And Arkansas really shouldn't even be in that last, it's only there because nobody has done any fucking polling in Arkansas in months. Because it's Arkansas.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #40366 on: October 12, 2020, 06:05:49 pm »

There's been a new presidential debate.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2451363005157079

Honestly I think both individuals are strong candidates.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40367 on: October 12, 2020, 06:15:15 pm »

They sound good for me. Can we go back to the old Pres/Vice-Pres as victor and not-victor? I'd be happy with either way round.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40368 on: October 12, 2020, 06:17:05 pm »

We would long since have degenerated into brush wars if the loser became Veep. GOP would be filled to the gills with botulism toxin.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #40369 on: October 12, 2020, 06:39:36 pm »

My only issue is their strategy for helping the poor. A cash injection, no matter how big (or small) just isn't the answer.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40370 on: October 12, 2020, 06:47:37 pm »

My only issue is their strategy for helping the poor. A cash injection, no matter how big (or small) just isn't the answer.

I don't know, I could really use 5 money.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #40371 on: October 12, 2020, 06:52:12 pm »

The answer is to send the poor into the meat factories so that they become one with all the people.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40372 on: October 12, 2020, 08:03:33 pm »

It is our final duty.

But this is Ameripol, not Alpha Centauri general.
- Unknown poster, 2020, datalinks
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40373 on: October 12, 2020, 08:16:21 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:56:49 pm by dragdeler »
let

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40374 on: October 12, 2020, 08:21:52 pm »

Then consider the concept of velocity of money. A thousand dollars in a low income households is basically a thousand dollars straight into the economy.

Well, obviously not if the cash is injected directly into their veins! >:(
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40375 on: October 12, 2020, 08:32:18 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:56:52 pm by dragdeler »
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #40376 on: October 12, 2020, 09:12:17 pm »

Then consider the concept of velocity of money. A thousand dollars in a low income households is basically a thousand dollars straight into the economy.

While I am 1000% on board with this line of thinking, I think what Dwarfy means is that the money doesn’t fix the problems that resulted in needing the cash injection in the first place.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40377 on: October 12, 2020, 09:33:08 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:56:55 pm by dragdeler »
let

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40378 on: October 12, 2020, 10:17:14 pm »

No, it's corporations that maliciously comply unless you force them to/make it profitable.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40379 on: October 12, 2020, 10:36:45 pm »

Well anyway they thought they should make a law to allow people in adequate workfields to insist on working from home, as if that's the kind of thing that needs the helping hand of father state, no these people were gonna keep working from home anyway because it's cheaper than an office space.

I guess it's fair to threat politics like some sassy genie out of the bottle that will maliciously comply unless you are extremly specific.

You underestimate the strength of the resolve of managers to micromanage their workers. You underestimate the ability of the idea that someone could be productive while they've got the TV on in the background to offend some person in a white collared shirt.
Pages: 1 ... 2690 2691 [2692] 2693 2694 ... 3566