Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2670 2671 [2672] 2673 2674 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4227246 times)

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #40065 on: October 03, 2020, 12:15:16 pm »

The state Republican party urged supporters to congregate outside the hospital this morning, so the faithful gathered accordingly. Such polite and well-meaning people, eh?

In further related news, NYT has an anonymous source(s) claiming both that he may have been sicker earlier than announced, and that he was on oxygen earlier Friday (before the flight to the hospital).

President Trump’s vital signs on Saturday were concerning as doctors mounted an aggressive effort to treat him and he was not out of danger, a person close to the situation said, even as the coronavirus infected an ever widening swath of the president’s aides and allies.

While doctors maintained during a televised briefing that Mr. Trump was “doing very well” after a night at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, they refused to provide critical details and left open the impression that the president was known to be sick a day earlier than previously reported.

Shortly after the upbeat briefing by the doctors, a person familiar with the president’s health gave a more sober assessment to reporters at Walter Reed on the condition of anonymity. “The president’s vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care,” this person said. “We’re still not on a clear path to a full recovery.”

Two people close to the White House said in separate interviews with The New York Times that the president had trouble breathing on Friday and that his oxygen level dropped, prompting his doctors to give him supplemental oxygen while at the White House and decide to transfer him to Walter Reed where he could be monitored with better equipment and treated more rapidly in case of trouble.

Even more, there's a claim (would be good to get a better source) that Trump avoided the pre-debate COVID test.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #40066 on: October 03, 2020, 12:30:24 pm »

Even before you take into account the anonymous sources, even the reassuring press conference raised inconsistencies. To wit!
Members of Trump’s medical team said it had been 48 hours since Trump started a key element of his treatment and 72 hours since he was diagnosed with coronavirus. But Trump only revealed his positive status early Friday morning — about 36 hours before Saturday’s briefing. If accurate, the timeline suggests Trump knew about his status on Wednesday — the day of a campaign trip where he was surrounded by a largely unmasked crowd in Minnesota — and long before he traveled to a fundraiser in New Jersey on Thursday after a senior aide had been diagnosed.
Emphasis mine.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 12:47:29 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40067 on: October 03, 2020, 12:39:03 pm »

Oh look, that makes much more sense for them to move him out of his residential setting and into a dedicated ICU.

Because his condition is tanking.  "Abundance of caution" my hairy ass.

Called it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40068 on: October 03, 2020, 01:36:27 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:57:17 pm by dragdeler »
let

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40069 on: October 03, 2020, 01:56:48 pm »

Man if he doesn't get better, get ready for Qanon saying the deepstate gave him bad threatment for a super benign disease. I wonder what kind of hypocrisies we'd hear at his funeral.
I'm telling ya, they're gonna claim he faked his death and now he's completely free to launch The Storm without being bound by politics.

Yep, any day now. Aaaaany day. Possibly coinciding with The South Rises Again and Hell Freezes Over.

EDIT: And in the midst of all this, let's not forget about poor Rudy Giuliani.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 02:02:21 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #40070 on: October 03, 2020, 02:15:16 pm »

1. democrats campaign entirely on beating trump
2. nominate everyone's third or fourth choice because he can beat trump
3. throw everything else away but the reaction to trump and the return to "normal"
4. trump dies two weeks before the election
5. pence whoops biden's ass and it's not even close

just giving you guys a quick look at the next two months.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 02:19:45 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40071 on: October 03, 2020, 02:16:44 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:57:22 pm by dragdeler »
let

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40072 on: October 03, 2020, 02:26:49 pm »

Trump remains unlikely to die; even if the worst reports are true I'd still give him 50/50 to live, and thats assuming the worst. But I think it's quite likely, if those rumors are even partially true, for him to be in pretty bad shape.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40073 on: October 03, 2020, 02:37:00 pm »

They'll Hail Mary on one of those artificial hearts and shit of that nature before they let him die, it's just not conceivable that they'd do anything else. Surgical risk doesn't even factor into it.
For some reason, that made me think of Lloyd Bridges' character from Hot Shots.

"My eyes are ceramic. Caught a bazooka round at Little Big Horn. Or was it Okinawa? The one without the Indians."
"My ear canals are very sensitive. They're stainless steel. Took a bullet at Corregidor, 1945."
"I have a sensitive bladder. Got part of it blown off at Guadalcanal in 1942."

Now I'm picturing him coming back half-cyborg, and someone saying "He's more machine now than man, twis--actually, he's nicer now."

My mind went to all those Warhammer 40k God Emperor Trump memes.

They'll have to switch over from

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40075 on: October 03, 2020, 03:09:43 pm »

beware the martyr effect didn't Reagan get reelected because he got shot or something like that?
Reagan was shot early in his first term.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40076 on: October 03, 2020, 03:25:10 pm »

The identity of the anonynous "White House Official" has been revealed. The official told reporters that:
The president’s vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care. We’re still not on a clear path to a full recovery.
The source was none other than Mark Meadows, White House Chief of Staff. He had asked for anonymity as the condition for the information but an online video of him approaching reporters after the WH Physician press conference and asking to speak off the record has revealed him.

Guess they're not rumors anymore.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 03:28:55 pm by misko27 »

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40077 on: October 03, 2020, 03:37:30 pm »

The identity of the anonynous "White House Official" has been revealed. The official told reporters that:
The president’s vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care. We’re still not on a clear path to a full recovery.
The source was none other than Mark Meadows, White House Chief of Staff. He had asked for anonymity as the condition for the information but an online video of him approaching reporters after the WH Physician press conference and asking to speak off the record has revealed him.

Guess they're not rumors anymore.

Huh, while it's good to know the source and Chief of Staff is a big deal, I have such a low opinion of Mark Meadows (as much for his time in the House as for his time under Trump) I'm not sure if this makes it more solid information or less.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40078 on: October 03, 2020, 03:52:19 pm »

It's possible that the president's vital are just concerning at a baseline, for doctors not worried about their job directly coming from him.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40079 on: October 03, 2020, 04:05:56 pm »

Looks like we're in for a new White House Chief of Staff.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 2670 2671 [2672] 2673 2674 ... 3566