Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2668 2669 [2670] 2671 2672 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4227508 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #40035 on: October 02, 2020, 08:57:24 pm »

("Now *that* would be some serious fucking 5-D chess.")

Or, to bring balance to the Force, engineer three of his own Republican-aligned SCOTUSes (SCOTii?) but by killing off the next four longest-term SCOTen, just in time for not being his to replace, allows three more immediate flips-to-Dem-aligned by the next Administration.
While that would be impressive, I get the feeling most of them are staying pretty damn isolated. Not sure if they were all at RBG's funeral service or not.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40036 on: October 02, 2020, 08:59:29 pm »

I can only hope that the turtle faced bastard has to live the rest of his short, miserable life on a respirator.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #40037 on: October 02, 2020, 09:09:48 pm »

I'm going to bed, I'll probably get up in ten hours or so.  Gonna go ahead and make a prediction that Trump will be intubated by the time I get up.
Shoes...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #40038 on: October 02, 2020, 09:11:17 pm »

Trump receiving the experimental antibody treatment makes me think of CKII, and wonder why castration was not the first choice of his court physician.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40039 on: October 02, 2020, 09:23:36 pm »

Trump receiving the experimental antibody treatment makes me think of CKII, and wonder why castration was not the first choice of his court physician.
This made my day. My Khagan the other day had cancer, went with experimental, and got castrated but it DID cure the cancer. I was like "Oh...that kind of cancer."

I'm thinking being that it's 2020, Regeneron will be discovered to cause an insatiable hunger for human flesh. And look forward to hearing Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity talk about how cannibalism is a proud part of American history and it's under attack from these vile revisionist ANTIFA Leftists.

EDIT: Kellyanne Conway also tweeting that she has COVID.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 09:28:13 pm by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40040 on: October 02, 2020, 09:49:06 pm »

Huh, what are EVs? Really interesting analysis, I have to admit I don't really understand the data and how it interpret it so your conclusions are helpful. Where does this info come from?

Effort Values. Presidential candidates increase them by campaigning, which increases their stats when they level up. The candidate with the highest EVs tends to win the election, unless they're disqualified somehow.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 09:51:59 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40041 on: October 02, 2020, 10:00:11 pm »

Huh, what are EVs? Really interesting analysis, I have to admit I don't really understand the data and how it interpret it so your conclusions are helpful. Where does this info come from?

Effort Values. Presidential candidates increase them by campaigning, which increases their stats when they level up. The candidate with the highest EVs tends to win the election, unless they're disqualified somehow.
Oh, so that's why all the politicians are now getting Pokérus.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40042 on: October 02, 2020, 11:00:28 pm »

Also now testing positive: the president of Notre Dame University (who was also at the SCOTUS nomination event), and several reporters from the WH press pool.
Testing negative: Biden and Pelosi.

Plenty of recent photos of Conway talking at far less than 6 feet distance with Bill Barr, both unmasked.

So what happens if your entire Cabinet is sidelined? Also, it's going to be some goddamn delicious schadenfreude if Trump wipes out half his henchmen because they just had to have a little political theater for the SCOTUS pick.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40043 on: October 02, 2020, 11:12:13 pm »

Worth remembering that statistically it remains the fact (I think?) that a large majority of cases are symptomless or minor. Even with Trump's various negative modifiers I think he's still more likely than not to recover and live without major long term health problems.

That said, with this many people in the inner ranks sick it's also statistically likely that at least a few get it bad, and maybe one or two die.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40044 on: October 02, 2020, 11:30:16 pm »

That's assuming a population mirroring the national population at-large. The government (especially Congress and the upper WH echelons) are disproportionately old folks who are rich enough that they don't have to have good health. Remember, pre-existing conditions substantially increase the mortality rate. Just think of all the bloated, wrinkled sacks Trump has around him.
Melania and Hope Hicks will probably do okay, they're younger and appear to be in good shape.
Chad Wolf, Tom Cotton, Matt Gaetz, Mike Pompep -- probably okay.
McConnell, Barr, Lindsey Graham? That's iffy.
Wilbur Ross? Start picking out caskets.

Conway may have died two weeks ago and just hasn't been notified yet, no one would know the difference.

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40045 on: October 02, 2020, 11:39:54 pm »

I can only hope that the turtle faced bastard has to live the rest of his short, miserable life on a respirator.

You may rest assured that he will have the absolute best medical care money can buy - all paid for by your taxes. You can’t get it though, because that would be communism.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40046 on: October 02, 2020, 11:44:37 pm »

Shit, maybe that magic spell I half-assedly put in that spoiler is working?

Phhht!
Confirmation bias ahoy.

Wouldn't it just be hilarious if this "mask theater" bullshit the right has been pulling literally is the death of them?

Well, DonnyBoy has decided that he wants to be in a hospital, on "An abundance of caution."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-covid/2020/10/02/b91072e6-04c3-11eb-a2db-417cddf4816a_story.html

Surely this is not to cover up that he has already started exhibiting alarming symptoms or anything. /s (what with his predisposition to cardiac trouble, which has been shown to statistically elevate risk factor for severe covid symptomology by a tremendous margin, along with his age, and his high cholesterol diet-- his rapid onset of symptoms here is alarming if you are worried about his health at all...  Suuuuuure white house PR people. "Abundance of caution."  Suuuure.)

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 11:49:14 pm by wierd »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40047 on: October 02, 2020, 11:52:28 pm »

Shit, maybe that magic spell I half-assedly put in that spoiler is working?

Phhht!
Confirmation bias ahoy.

Wouldn't it just be hilarious if this "mask theater" bullshit the right has been pulling literally is the death of them?
Especially given that apparently none of Trump's coterie at the debate were wearing masks, even after being offered them.

Which brings me to wondering when the Trump Boys and Ivanka get their results back?

New nightmare scenario -- Trump recovers but Ivanka dies. Trump, stricken with grief, demands China clone her* or face war.

*"Only...maybe make the boobs a little bigger this time?"

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #40048 on: October 03, 2020, 12:04:55 am »

Dunno about nightmare, but trump being stricken by grief over someone else dying definitely involves some sort of dreamscape or hallucination.

Now, lying about it as an excuse to start shit with china, now you're getting closer to reality.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40049 on: October 03, 2020, 12:12:02 am »

Yeah, Trump's best family relationships were probably with his brothers, and he didn't seem to particularly care when either of them died save lying about not drinking because of the first one.

If anything, he'd probably be happy to get rid of most of his children. Maybe not Ivanka, barely. Definitely Eric.

Oh by the way, stupid asshole Democrat Cal Cunningham probably just sunk his campaign by being a fucking horndog moron who'd lose an IQ test to a pile of dogshit, so unless Tillis actually does get rona'd it looks like we're stuck with him after all. Fucking Democrats.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 2668 2669 [2670] 2671 2672 ... 3566