Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2658 2659 [2660] 2661 2662 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4227621 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #39885 on: October 02, 2020, 12:12:24 am »

I fucking hate polarizing politics.  I have enough to deal with right now with the full moon.

(No, not a werecreature. I just deal with dementia in the elderly at night. Some say it is superstition, but it's totally a real thing. Thy go bananas on full moons. Already had a woman try to throw herself out of bed twice, and another on the prowl to eat anything she can find.)
It is 100% a real thing and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, I have nonpublic data on this.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39886 on: October 02, 2020, 12:21:02 am »

Assuming that's a real phenomenon, what causes it?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39887 on: October 02, 2020, 12:28:13 am »

Nobody knows! My best working theory is that the change in nighttime light levels might affect circadian entrainment (the automatic resetting of your circadian cycle according to light levels), plausibly causing a stimulant effect like we know light therapy does (except 'wrongly-timed'), but for all we know there might be some heretofore-undiscovered lunar clock in the brain serving some obscure pre-civilisation purpose.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #39888 on: October 02, 2020, 12:28:40 am »

This just in, Trump has the 'rona. Later than potentially expected, but well it was going to happen eventually.

Hard to feel any sympathy.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39889 on: October 02, 2020, 12:31:55 am »

This just in, Trump has the 'rona. Later than potentially expected, but well it was going to happen eventually.

Wonder how his supporters will take it/explain it away now...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #39890 on: October 02, 2020, 12:36:57 am »

The way 2020 is going, we'll soon learn that Trump gave Corona to Biden at the debate, and Biden will die just before the election.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39891 on: October 02, 2020, 12:38:58 am »

The moon man is the face of madness.
Love, scriver~

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #39892 on: October 02, 2020, 12:42:39 am »

The way 2020 is going, we'll soon learn that Trump gave Corona to Biden at the debate, and Biden will die just before the election.

My conspiracy brain is going "Trump administation knew that Trump had it and sent him to the debate anyway on the off chance it kills Biden."

But that'd be ridiculous.

Utterly impossible.

No way.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39893 on: October 02, 2020, 12:44:54 am »

Trump's immune to the effects Corona because he doesn't even drink alcohol. Also, McDonald's fries shall preserve the head parasite forever.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 12:52:02 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39894 on: October 02, 2020, 12:58:05 am »

That joke by Biden during the debate (was it? or one of the pre/post-debate tweets?) that Trump should try injecting himself with bleach looks a lot harsher in hindsight.

Gotta say I'm super shocked though. Donald was a known germaphobe, well before politics. And since that Bob Woodward book indicated Trump realizes how serious the virus actually is, I'm surprised he'd let himself get caught like that.

My conspiracy brain is going "Trump administation knew that Trump had it and sent him to the debate anyway on the off chance it kills Biden."
Trump's intense ego would not allow him to do such a thing.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39895 on: October 02, 2020, 01:21:38 am »

If he recovers quickly, they'll say "See?! It's harmless", ignoring the 200,000+ dead.

If he dies, they'll blame the Deep State for poisoning him and insist it wasn't COVID.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39896 on: October 02, 2020, 01:27:05 am »

What happens if COViD takes out both Trump and Biden before the election?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39897 on: October 02, 2020, 01:31:52 am »

I assume Pence becomes President, has to choose a new VP, and Harris becomes the Dem nominee and has to choose a new running mate.

Now if it were to happen say, the day before Election Day....yeah, dunno. And that would be the 2020-est thing to happen in 2020.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39898 on: October 02, 2020, 01:38:10 am »

Wouldn't that just be some historical shit, if that's how we get the first female president...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39899 on: October 02, 2020, 01:40:12 am »

Pence... On one hand, he's probably the only person who could weld the former republican party "moderates" back into the coalition with "see? Trump gone, I'm a totally different guy." but he's also probably the only way they'd lose the enthusiasm from the base. Can't tell if that's a net gain or loss for their election prospects.

Also: do you think Trump will quarantine? Surely they can't do more debates under this circumstance? Unless they lock trump in a bubble or a different room or something; which, might improve things.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 01:43:45 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 2658 2659 [2660] 2661 2662 ... 3566