Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2650 2651 [2652] 2653 2654 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226110 times)

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #39765 on: September 29, 2020, 10:02:46 pm »

Worst thing tonight was Trump calling for his militias to "go into the poling places" on national television. That's gonna be a problem.

Yeah can't wait to see how that turns out here in Alabama. I'm sure it'll be fun. I've been kind of ignoring the "shit's about to go down" stuff, but fucking hell man, shit does seem to be about to go down.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39766 on: September 29, 2020, 10:30:23 pm »

Welp, four more years.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39767 on: September 29, 2020, 11:15:00 pm »

Welp, four more years.

Guy's been in constant conflict with the media since near when he was announced as candidate for the 2016 election.  Massive reason for people who support to not say they do, and for those who do not like him to speak up.  And yet, his numbers are what they are, with the approval rating % really not that far off from where he started, even hitting above the % after the potential first week errant data in April and even the recent dip still being several % over what he had late-2017.

Now to be clear, not saying they are saying they disapprove when they approve.  I'm saying that that percentage probably just hangs up as soon as they hear its about polling.  Take your pick as to whether its about not trusting the polls, not trusting themselves, worry their answers might get linked back to them in this interconnected world, etc.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39768 on: September 29, 2020, 11:20:21 pm »

Now to be clear, not saying they are saying they disapprove when they approve.
I know for a fact that people are doing that.

did trump call biden a number 2
Nah, he said "you were on #2", because Biden said "#2, #3".
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 11:26:19 pm by Maximum Spin »

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39769 on: September 29, 2020, 11:33:54 pm »

well that was disappointing. Now granted, I didn't watch the debates. But looking at CNN, it seems the debate was a disaster.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/29/politics/first-presidential-debate-hits-and-misses/index.html

Says no one won, which to me seeing how much they hate trump, really means he probably came out on top. Especially with their thing that biden would benefit from no more debates, really gives a picture that it didn't go well for us (us being fellow democrats, I know there are some republicans here and independents? I think). Couldn't be more disappointed. Its like 2016 is gonna happen all over again.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39770 on: September 29, 2020, 11:40:48 pm »

Worst thing tonight was Trump calling for his militias to "go into the poling places" on national television. That's gonna be a problem.
And that's why I'll be purchasing a firearm this week. Which, if you know me, tells you how bad things are.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39771 on: September 29, 2020, 11:42:19 pm »

And that's why I'll be purchasing a firearm this week. Which, if you know me, tells you how bad things are.

Oh I missed that post. Surprised no one at the debate confronted trump about that. Seems like that was a huge miss.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39772 on: September 29, 2020, 11:44:22 pm »

Oh I missed that post. Surprised no one at the debate confronted trump about that. Seems like that was a huge miss.
Part of the problem in confronting it is the sheer audacity of it. It's hard to avoid Godwinning the fuck out of any response.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39773 on: September 30, 2020, 12:22:12 am »

Fuckin' clown fiesta that it was to try to get Trump to denounce his hate groups, though...

Slight clown fiesta trying to figure out which in particular they are when you see things like Richard Spencer backing Joe Biden.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #39774 on: September 30, 2020, 12:30:49 am »

Fuckin' clown fiesta that it was to try to get Trump to denounce his hate groups, though...

Slight clown fiesta trying to figure out which in particular they are when you see things like Richard Spencer backing Joe Biden.

I've seen a fair number of hardcore Richard Spencer-tier fascists disgusted with Trump by this point for basically not being as aggressively fascist as they thought he'd be and turning on him out of spite.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39775 on: September 30, 2020, 01:17:03 am »

That is concerning news for the President, but I'm sure he will take strong actions in the next few weeks to shore up his support with that important demographic, SG.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39776 on: September 30, 2020, 05:21:54 am »

I'm going to be voting for Biden, I don't really have a choice, but god fucking damnit Joe you're a fucking wimp. I wish it was me up there, so I could get angry, so I could yell down that orange bitchbaby and whip his ass in that debate like he deserves.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39777 on: September 30, 2020, 05:52:41 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:49:54 pm by dragdeler »
let

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39778 on: September 30, 2020, 05:58:53 am »

Yes that's why it felt very wrong except when it was escalating. I want to see a 6'10 musclemountain yell at them both, channeling holy wrath and threatening them in submission with a baseball bat, so that they end the debate with both candidates begging like the third ghost of christmas just came by.

Someone get Dwayne Johnson on the phone, tell him we need a debate moderator.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 06:21:18 am by sluissa »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39779 on: September 30, 2020, 06:05:27 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:49:58 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 2650 2651 [2652] 2653 2654 ... 3566