Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2610 2611 [2612] 2613 2614 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4229402 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #39165 on: September 06, 2020, 06:50:33 am »

I loved the little almost facepalm he did at the end.

Also yeah, that is one of the fastest and most brutal ways to completely shit on a mans political career, short of dunno, pulling a wedgie on him in from of the UN or something.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #39166 on: September 06, 2020, 07:01:07 am »

This is ... I have no words

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/05/politics/michael-cohen-book-trump-white-house/index.html

Trump's disdain for Obama was so extreme that he took his fixation a step further, according to Cohen: Trump hired a "Faux-Bama" to participate in a video in which Trump "ritualistically belittled the first black president and then fired him."

100% not surprising.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39167 on: September 06, 2020, 07:55:33 am »

Nothing is surprising anymore.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39168 on: September 06, 2020, 08:15:05 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:46:17 pm by dragdeler »
let

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39169 on: September 06, 2020, 08:16:36 am »

There is something darkly funny about the anecdote. Reminds me of Tom Lehrer's "Wernher von Braun" song
"Once zhe rockets are up who cares where they come down?  That's not my department" says Wernher von Braun
I thought he specifically did care. That he'd much rather they be landing on other planets...

/aside

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39170 on: September 06, 2020, 08:25:18 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:46:21 pm by dragdeler »
let

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39171 on: September 06, 2020, 09:17:24 am »

This is ... I have no words

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/05/politics/michael-cohen-book-trump-white-house/index.html

Trump's disdain for Obama was so extreme that he took his fixation a step further, according to Cohen: Trump hired a "Faux-Bama" to participate in a video in which Trump "ritualistically belittled the first black president and then fired him."
While it wouldn't be at all out of character for Trump, let's bear in mind that the guy telling this story has committed several felonies himself and has told any number of lies. He may just be telling some outrageous story in order to make Trump look worse, not to mention keeping himself in the limelight and making heaps of cash.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39172 on: September 06, 2020, 09:20:43 am »

There appears to be a photo of this exact thing however.

Cohen's book, "Disloyal: A Memoir," doesn't name the man who was allegedly hired to play Obama or provide a specific date for the incident, but it does include a photograph of Trump sitting behind a desk, facing a Black man wearing a suit with an American flag pin affixed to the lapel. On Trump's desk are two books, one displaying Obama's name in large letters.

Also notice the boom mic which implies this was being video recorded.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 09:22:19 am by Reelya »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39173 on: September 06, 2020, 09:54:33 am »

Yes I saw the picture, though I didn't notice the boom mic. I'd still want some audio (or better yet, video) of the incident however, as this could just be some still image taken out of context. Or a statement from the guy in the picture, or the boom mic operator, or something. Something other than a story being sold in a book written by a known fibber.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BoujeeTheAlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39174 on: September 06, 2020, 10:03:56 am »

Yeah, Trump being pictured with a black man and a boom mic isn't exactly damning evidence. If it was anyone else I probably wouldnt give the account time of day.

As it stands I don't think it changes anyone's opinion of him. I'm only inclined to believe it because it sounds right up his alley to me.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #39175 on: September 06, 2020, 10:08:30 am »

Right. A video of Trump saying the n slur wouldn't stop anyone from voting for him.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #39176 on: September 06, 2020, 11:14:59 am »

I think the politicians sending American deathbots into foreign countries absolutely bear responsibility for the action, it's what being an accountable leader means

And that's it, then?  Wow.  Well ok, I guess it's liberating to know that so long as I never take a leadership role in an organization, I never have to worry about whether I've ever done anything wrong.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #39177 on: September 06, 2020, 11:44:41 am »

I think the politicians sending American deathbots into foreign countries absolutely bear responsibility for the action, it's what being an accountable leader means

And that's it, then?  Wow.  Well ok, I guess it's liberating to know that so long as I never take a leadership role in an organization, I never have to worry about whether I've ever done anything wrong.

The best response to “just following orders” is “if they asked you to jump off a bridge would you do it?”

I think LW may have meant leaders should be held responsible in addition to the folks what did it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BoujeeTheAlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39178 on: September 06, 2020, 11:48:39 am »

Hasn't "just following orders" been confirmed to be not a valid excuse since Nuremberg?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39179 on: September 06, 2020, 11:53:38 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:46:26 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 2610 2611 [2612] 2613 2614 ... 3567