Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2603 2604 [2605] 2606 2607 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4229812 times)

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #39060 on: September 04, 2020, 02:31:13 am »

I'm sure gonna cry for the boys and girls who WERE FORCED, GUYS to run Abu Ghraib. Poor fucking things. I also pity the SS, can you imagine being FORCED BY THE BADDIES to gas all those Jews? They really weren't responsible at all. No sir.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39061 on: September 04, 2020, 02:33:11 am »

I didn't know I was talking to a historian!  Tell me more about those Abu Ghraib atrocities committed during World War 2!  Because hey, America is just as bad as the Nazis and the Holocaust!

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #39062 on: September 04, 2020, 02:36:37 am »

I didn't know I was talking to a historian!  Tell me more about those Abu Ghraib atrocities committed during World War 2!  Because hey, America is just as bad as the Nazis and the Holocaust!
Are all liberals so desperate for human contact that they make men out of straw? Nowhere have I said that America ran Abu Ghraib in WW2, but I guess because it was the filthy Iraqis that got tortured I got owned big style. Go off king

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39063 on: September 04, 2020, 02:38:27 am »

Because these people were forced by their government to go to war, they're trash and losers?  Disgusting.
That is an irrelevance. Only the strategic motivations of war matter which judging the war as a whole.

To focus on soldiers or if they "have a choice" is no different from, say, Clean Wehrmacht bullshit. You can judge the actions of soldiers, of course, but that does not justify the war.

If you wish to discuss this in a serious way, then the answer is that the US ended up on "the right side" of WWII by part happenstance, part policy inertia in favor of the UK, and part desire to take over the world. That this desire to take over the world was under the framework of liberalism and economic extraction rather than fascism and racial extermination is hardly much of a moral high ground for the US.

Had the UK signed armistice with Germany and Japan's generals not been so paranoid as to go for a preemptive decapitation strike, then in all likelihood the US wouldn't have been a participant in WWII at all.

The US did not enter WWII to stop the holocaust. At most you could say that the US happened to stop the holocaust earlier on than it would have if they'd stayed neutral and the USSR marched to the shores of France. To give the US moral credit for stopping the holocaust and thus say the US was good in WWII is ex post facto and a poor understanding of geopolitics at best.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 02:40:09 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39064 on: September 04, 2020, 02:42:44 am »

Are all liberals so desperate for human contact that they make men out of straw? Nowhere have I said that America ran Abu Ghraib in WW2, but I guess because it was the filthy Iraqis that got tortured I got owned big style. Go off king

I was talking about WW2, and you inserted yourself and mentioned Abu Ghraib.  This is how to win an argument, clearly: start talking about something completely unrelated!  You're a fucking genius!  I bet you skipped high-school, and all the rest of school, too.

Because these people were forced by their government to go to war, they're trash and losers?  Disgusting.
That is an irrelevance. Only the strategic motivations of war matter which judging the war as a whole.

To focus on soldiers or if they "have a choice" is no different from, say, Clean Wehrmacht bullshit. You can judge the actions of soldiers, of course, but that does not justify the war.

If you wish to discuss this in a serious way, then the answer is that the US ended up on "the right side" of WWII by part happenstance, part policy inertia in favor of the UK, and part desire to take over the world. That this desire to take over the world was under the framework of liberalism and economic extraction rather than fascism and racial extermination is hardly much of a moral high ground for the US.

Had the UK signed armistice with Germany and Japan's generals not been so paranoid as to go for a preemptive decapitation strike, then in all likelihood the US wouldn't have been a participant in WWII at all.

The US did not enter WWII to stop the holocaust. At most you could say that the US happened to stop the holocaust earlier on than it would have if they'd stayed neutral and the USSR marched to the shores of France. To give the US moral credit for stopping the holocaust and thus say the US was good in WWII is ex post facto and a poor understanding of geopolitics at best.

I wasn't talking about the war being justified, I was talking about not calling drafted men trash.  Whether the war is justified or not is irrelevant.  If you were drafted and forced to fight, should I then call you trash?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39065 on: September 04, 2020, 02:44:26 am »

You're the one who brought up the trash man, sweet hell.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39066 on: September 04, 2020, 02:45:01 am »

Quote from: Donald Trump
“Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.”
Might be the first time I agree with Trump. Save for American involvement in World War II, the US has only waged immoral wars.

Nope, this isn't me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39067 on: September 04, 2020, 02:48:28 am »

This is like one of those dreams where you try to read something and the letters jump off the page and start drilling into your teeth like thousands of bloodthirsty microdentists.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #39068 on: September 04, 2020, 02:51:20 am »

I was talking about WW2, and you inserted yourself and mentioned Abu Ghraib.  This is how to win an argument, clearly: start talking about something completely unrelated!  You're a fucking genius!  I bet you skipped high-school, and all the rest of school, too.
I wasn't replying to you, gringo. Not everything is about the big white saviour, you know.
I'm sure gonna cry for the boys and girls who WERE FORCED, GUYS to run Abu Ghraib. Poor fucking things. I also pity the SS, can you imagine being FORCED BY THE BADDIES to gas all those Jews? They really weren't responsible at all. No sir.
This was aimed at Reelya, who mentioned Iraq/

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39069 on: September 04, 2020, 03:01:53 am »

Do you think all American soldiers that fought in Iraq have committed atrocities?  How about the native Iraqis, who fight with them?  Clearly the people who participated in things like the Abu Ghraib incident are trash, but that doesn't mean all soldiers are trash, regardless of what war they served in.

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #39070 on: September 04, 2020, 03:49:52 am »

Yeah, every single American that fought in Iraq was trash. They had no fucking right to "just follow orders". What kind of excuse will you come up with to defend a war of imperialism? The only good Americans in Iraq were the ones carried around in caskets.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39071 on: September 04, 2020, 03:53:54 am »

And the ones that served in Iraq after the establishment of a new Iraqi state, who had no involvement with the overthrow of Saddam?  Yeah, because clearly ISIS is just misunderstood and wants to spread peace and give out candy, right?

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #39072 on: September 04, 2020, 04:07:08 am »

I wonder what possibly could have happened that fostered the rise of a fundamentalist group that served as an alternative government to an occupational force? I really do wonder.

I like this excuse. "Yeah, we destroyed this country, so now we can kill every t****head with impunity. Everyone who dislikes is a terrorist sympathiser." Shit, after all it was the allies of the Great Satan that funded and armed ISIS, and it was facilitated by the US occupation. America invented an enemy to justify it's continued imperialism.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39073 on: September 04, 2020, 04:13:33 am »

Soldiers fighting ISIS are the real enemy, and they are to blame for policies made by politicians who never even set foot on Iraq!  Thank you for opening my eyes.  Fighting ISIS is the same as fighting every <insert slur here>!  I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39074 on: September 04, 2020, 04:15:53 am »

This thread is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 2603 2604 [2605] 2606 2607 ... 3567