Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2550 2551 [2552] 2553 2554 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4223853 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #38265 on: July 29, 2020, 03:51:32 am »

Shape-shifting and witchcraft are common beliefs in African mysticism which then get blended with christianity as an overlay. So I'd guess the secret reptilians mesh well with that stuff.

I'd love to meet up, maybe in a few days? Next week is looking pretty empty.

*witchcraft

“Yes, Bloomberg. Bloomberg. Mr Bloomberg,” said Mr Trump.

“You look like Mr Bloomberg. Go ahead. I think you look much better, actually.”
He'd obviously had the wrong reference picture uploaded to his iCook.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:57:20 am by Starver »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38266 on: July 29, 2020, 04:05:49 am »

See, I can see the appeal of wanting to believe that witchcraft is real because witchcraft is effin sweet, but then when you say that it's real and also evil I just don't understand how you can go on living like, there are magical powers you can use but god won't let you that sucks

Uhm god let's you use them but only through Jesus obviously

Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38267 on: July 29, 2020, 06:32:27 am »

Shape-shifting and witchcraft are common beliefs in African mysticism which then get blended with christianity as an overlay. So I'd guess the secret reptilians mesh well with that stuff.

I'd love to meet up, maybe in a few days? Next week is looking pretty empty.

*witchcraft

“Yes, Bloomberg. Bloomberg. Mr Bloomberg,” said Mr Trump.

“You look like Mr Bloomberg. Go ahead. I think you look much better, actually.”
He'd obviously had the wrong reference picture uploaded to his iCook.
About the comic...my brain didn’t auto place the asterisked words

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38268 on: July 29, 2020, 08:19:44 am »

Posting here because the 5D chess meme was largely popularized as a result of Ameripolitics, but someone actually made 5D chess

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38269 on: July 29, 2020, 08:29:55 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:33:35 pm by dragdeler »
let

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38270 on: July 29, 2020, 08:43:34 am »

Wow. Implementing an entire time travel system into a game just for the meme value is pretty amazing.

I guess it makes more visual sense than the obvious way to do 5D chess, which is just to make a five-dimensional board, of size 8x8x8x8x8. That would also be made up of 32768 5-cubes, which might make AI opponents take up even more processing power than the time travel version.
One wheel short of a wagon

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38271 on: July 29, 2020, 08:50:06 am »

I will have yet to play this, but I'm sure I have not yet been as bad at the game as I currently am with that which will be the old version.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38272 on: July 29, 2020, 09:38:01 am »

TFW a friend you actually like links to a PragerU video of Dr. Crazy As Fuck saying "There's no need to die, there's a cure for Covid" and says "Powerful stuff."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38273 on: July 29, 2020, 10:53:50 am »

Posting here because the 5D chess meme was largely popularized as a result of Ameripolitics, but someone actually made 5D chess
This looks more confusing than that 4D maze game I played once. And that game was no slouch at confusing me!

Uh, so what's the cure? Oh wait do they mean Hydrochoroquine? Ah, the Witch-Doctor Stella, of course.
See, I can see the appeal of wanting to believe that witchcraft is real because witchcraft is effin sweet, but then when you say that it's real and also evil I just don't understand how you can go on living like, there are magical powers you can use but god won't let you that sucks

Uhm god let's you use them but only through Jesus obviously
Now see in the middle ages, the position of the Catholic Church position was that believing in Witchcraft was superstition, heretical tantamount to practicing a pagan religion in-and-of-itself. Witchhunts still occured, obviously, but the infamous "Malleus Maleficarum" was banned by the church, the inquisitor responsible was censured, and the Spanish Inquisition instructed its members not to believe it. It is a peculiar product of the so-called "Modern Era" that they increased so significantly, in response to the pressures of modernity. (A similar phenomenon can be observed in mid-late Qing China, with the 1768 "Soul-stealer" crisis: An apparent bout of "hexing" triggered alarmbells from the Qing as it involved attacks where people's Queues (the pig-tail imposed by the Manchu on all males) were cut off. The witchcraft alarmed the populace, the threat to the Mandate + the political undertones of the queues led to a perfect storm of panic, from the Emperor down, covering the whole of the country and lasting six months.) It's in fact why the Witch-cult Hypothesis was so prominent despite lacking evidence, as an easy way to explain this apparent discrepancy between modernity and increased witchhunting.

Is this being paraded around to distract us from something else?
Um, perhaps the fact that 150,000 Americans have died from an infectious disease in the last six months with no signs of this abating? Perhaps.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 10:56:17 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38274 on: July 29, 2020, 12:18:46 pm »

Um, perhaps the fact that 150,000 Americans have died from an infectious disease in the last six months with no signs of this abating? Perhaps.

I choose to look on the bright side of things!  In spite of all human idiocy, this too will pass...eventually.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38275 on: July 29, 2020, 12:30:48 pm »

On the bright side, that's 150,000 who won't not die of coronavirus.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38276 on: July 29, 2020, 02:58:22 pm »

Ah sorry I was focusing on the "no signs of abating" part of that quote...

I mean I don't know about abating but it looks like we have (had? it can always change day-to-day) a short-term reprieve with a local plateau in new daily cases.

Plus by the time November rolls around people are going to have another 3 months of fatigue... who knows what new and fun things will be happening around the world.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38277 on: July 29, 2020, 03:12:03 pm »

That "plateau" only came into effect literally the day that cases went from the CDC to Trump's buddies in the HHS.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38278 on: July 29, 2020, 03:24:53 pm »

Ignorance is bliss, ignorance is bliss....

(only half-joking.  Sometimes it really is just easier to ignore bad things...)

Also I thought people were ignoring the "only send stuff to CDC"? I mean I still get info from my state (not the CDC), which sadly is reporting higher numbers and not contributing to the plateau in a positive way.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 2550 2551 [2552] 2553 2554 ... 3566