Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2512 2513 [2514] 2515 2516 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226143 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #37695 on: June 30, 2020, 11:19:58 am »

Sterilization also does nothing to prevent STDs
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37696 on: June 30, 2020, 11:21:12 am »

I never said it did.

In fact, I repeatedly stated that regular screenings (to avoid spreading the damn things), was an important part of being responsible.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #37697 on: June 30, 2020, 12:05:12 pm »

The AIDS test suuuuuuuuuucccccccccckkkkkkkksssssssss. It's like the Corona and/or Flu test, but instead of going in your nose, it goes in the head of your dick. You'll feel like you're pissing razor blades for a few hours afterwards.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37698 on: June 30, 2020, 12:24:01 pm »

That said, I am strongly of the opinion that sex is not a recreational activity, but I am rather biased in that opinion.

In light of this, and it's perhaps a crude question in regards to the community as a whole, but what's your take on homosexuality, then?
I think it's pretty clear in context?
That said, I am strongly of the opinion that sex is not a recreational activity, but I am rather biased in that opinion. Simply because you cant keep your junk in your trunk, and are addicted to dick/vag, does not mean that society should support your decision to be a goddamn jackrabbit with your sexual antics.  If you are going to be engaging in ribald acts of sexual hedonism, (Because of your adiction to bumping uglies with people on a regular basis), then go and get yourself sterilized first. Bank up some gametes at a fertility clinic or two, then go get that shit turned off.  Use the banked tissue if you want to have children.
Homosexual sex isn't an issue in that regard (talking about sexes not genders here, contextually).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37699 on: June 30, 2020, 12:41:58 pm »

I have no problems with gay people.

I do have problems with people who are unchaste.  One does not imply the other. Pick a partner you love. Bouncing from interest to interest is how you spread STDs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37700 on: June 30, 2020, 12:46:11 pm »

The AIDS test suuuuuuuuuucccccccccckkkkkkkksssssssss. It's like the Corona and/or Flu test, but instead of going in your nose, it goes in the head of your dick. You'll feel like you're pissing razor blades for a few hours afterwards.

?

I got panel tested last week, it's just a blood sample. Admittedly it won't show anything if you got it from interactions within the last three months, but unless you have a specific suspicion of recent infection...

I do have problems with people who are unchaste.  One does not imply the other. Pick a partner you love. Bouncing from interest to interest is how you spread STDs.
You know there's a middle ground, right? As in; being able to play with responsible, sexually compatible partners that you don't necessarily have a consuming romantic attraction to, so long as you act like fucking adults (literally).

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37701 on: June 30, 2020, 12:49:51 pm »

The more people you (and your circle) engage with, the greater your risk factor is.

Again, I am biased as an asexual person.  Sex should not be a recreational activity. (Like going drinking, or watching TV.)  Sex is a pair-bonding activity, and a reproductive activity.  In the case of homosexual people, it is principally a pair-bonding activity.  There is no harm in enjoying it, and doing it often, as long as it is with a person you love, and you intend to stay with them. 

However, it is also an activity that many pathogenic vectors have evolved to exploit, and doing it willy nilly on what amounts to the honor system, is a recipe for disaster.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #37702 on: June 30, 2020, 12:54:26 pm »

Uh, Martin, most anti-abortion proponents who actually care about the child typically support widespread youth care and foster care reforms.
Most anti-abortion proponents also keep voting for a political colour that will never make that happen.

One political color says "we will support your beliefs", while the other says "Not only will we not support your beliefs, we will dismiss them and do everything in our power to prove that your real reason for expressing those beliefs is that you are a misogynistic monster who wants to make women into literal slaves!". If you believe that going to an abortion clinic is no different from blasting a toddler with a shotgun, which color would you support?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #37703 on: June 30, 2020, 12:55:47 pm »

?

I got panel tested last week, it's just a blood sample. Admittedly it won't show anything if you got it from interactions within the last three months, but unless you have a specific suspicion of recent infection...

It was like over a decade ago, maybe I'm misremembering what that particular test was for. I got it done as an assurance to someone, not because I was worried or symptomatic. (My love life isn't exactly prolific.)

Whatever the test was for, it ensured it's not something I'll do on a regular basis.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #37704 on: June 30, 2020, 12:56:53 pm »

I assure you nobody tests for aids like that.

Now gonorrhea...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37705 on: June 30, 2020, 12:59:16 pm »

gonorrhea I can totally see being done that way. It's a bacterial infection of the urethra, so a smear test from that mucous membrane is expected.  AIDS/HIV?  IIRC, any bodily fluid except tears, sweat, or saliva will do.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37706 on: June 30, 2020, 01:04:30 pm »

Well, having multiple friends is a risk vector. All sorts of diseases get spread by talking in close quarters or skin contact (especially when folks get careless and weaken their immune systems with alcohol consumption). Yes, you could choose one person to talk with for the rest of your life, but I think you see where this is going.

It's a biological drive for sexual people, and a fair few go a little bit crazy if they don't get to fulfill it in one way or another. Hence why there's so much idiotic sexual behavior; it's because we live in a repressed society, not a libertine one. People hold off and are awkward about it until the urge is so overpowering that they don't act reasonably.

And, honestly, there's kind of a responsibility to your eventual permanent partner (if you even are monogamous) that you learn and experience from a few different sources, both for the sake of being able to attend to their needs and to be able to recognize and assist in attending your own.

But I dunno, I'm just in the BDSM community... We're kinda big on the whole consent, communication, and respect thing.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37707 on: June 30, 2020, 01:05:19 pm »

Uh, Martin, most anti-abortion proponents who actually care about the child typically support widespread youth care and foster care reforms.
Most anti-abortion proponents also keep voting for a political colour that will never make that happen.

One political color says "we will support your beliefs", while the other says "Not only will we not support your beliefs, we will dismiss them and do everything in our power to prove that your real reason for expressing those beliefs is that you are a misogynistic monster who wants to make women into literal slaves!". If you believe that going to an abortion clinic is no different from blasting a toddler with a shotgun, which color would you support?
To avoid the choice between an abortion clinic and the family shame (or worse) of an unwanted pregnancy, I'd be best served by choosing the color that offers preventative information. 
The other color only supports my family's belief that this is entirely my fault, and that I should submit entirely to the judgement of my family and/or my partner, due to a biological happenstance.  One which I was deliberately misinformed about.

Even once it happens, one color is placing the blame solely on me, the other is offering me a solution.  An invasive, terrifying solution - if I choose it.  A choice.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37708 on: June 30, 2020, 01:05:24 pm »

??? ? I have literally no idea how you get to that line of thought.  I'm just saying that most anti-abortionist are in a political spectrum (the alt-right religious conservitave one) that is not exactly eager to increase healthcare funding (which youthcare is a sub-category of), or making healthcare accessible/affordable for everyone.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 01:09:00 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37709 on: June 30, 2020, 01:13:24 pm »

In the US, there is the whole "CONTROVERSY IS MONEY!" antics of the press, and the "Disproportionate coverage of niche ideologies creates compounding problems" that stems from that. (See also, the less than 12% of the population of the US that was demanding to reopen early for financial reasons, while the rest of the population said "Fuck that, stay home", and how it snowballed into the shitstorm we have right now.)

The more extreme, loud, and potentially dangerous you are about your ideology, the more the press just fucking LOVES you, because you are like a Jerry Springer guest. Giving you coverage makes their network stand out from the others, gets them more advert money, etc...

Perverse incentives, and damn the consequences of society.

Most people that are in favor of restricting abortion have more legitimate reasons for it, like Shonus points out.  There *ARE* "Family matters" and "Makes Baby Jesus Cry!!" types who are VERY VERY vocal, and who stir up lots of support, but it typically happens that way because the more sensible types cannot get exposure for their views, and their views never get any traction with policy, because it is invisible.

See also, all the perfectly normal feminists, VS the feminazis on Twitter.

In order to get some of what you want, you end up having to pitch in with the loud and obnoxious trolls.  This then leads to your opposition branding everyone with that brush.

Really, it's because there is a bias in the communication channel.  Nobody wants to listen to or discourage a potentially cogent and calm point of view; they all want to be WARRIORS, and FIGHT THE BAD!
Pages: 1 ... 2512 2513 [2514] 2515 2516 ... 3566