Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2499 2500 [2501] 2502 2503 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4222579 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #37500 on: June 21, 2020, 03:34:39 pm »

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/six-trump-rally-staff-contract-covid-19-20200621-p554mg.html

Washington: Donald Trump has told thousands of cheering supporters he had asked US officials to slow down testing for the novel coronavirus, calling it a "double-edged sword" that led to more cases being discovered.

Knowledge is a double-edged sword because you might know stuff that's going on that is bad.

Trump's back at his argument that they're better off just not knowing that the virus is killing people, so sweep it under the carpet and those people can die like good Americans, quietly and not making a fuss about things because they want to hurt Trump's election chances. Those thoughtless dying people.
*internal screaming*
Why do we have someone who thinks knowledge is bad running our country? Why do some think knowledge is bad at all?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37501 on: June 21, 2020, 03:36:39 pm »

More of the article btw:

"When you do testing to that extent, you're gonna find more people you're gonna find more cases. So I said to my people slow the testing down, please," he said.

A White House official said Trump was joking about his call for a slowdown in testing.

"He was obviously kidding. We are leading the world in testing and have conducted 25 million + in testing," the official said.

Yeah man that Trump and his gallows humor. At best, the explanation is that he's joking around about an existential nightmare that's killing people. At worst, he honestly wishes they'd just pretend the whole thing isn't happening until after his re-election.

So he's joked about the frustration of so many people getting tests because they've uncovered sick people and that's made the numbers bad. His intent is clear, he'd prefer people be denied tests because the numbers would look better then.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 03:40:44 pm by Reelya »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #37502 on: June 21, 2020, 03:42:57 pm »

He's just playing both sides of the field as usual.

To the reasonable, responsible people he's "just joking."

To the blithering idiots who support him, he's telling them exactly what they want to hear.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #37503 on: June 21, 2020, 04:18:18 pm »

If life were fiction, TVTropes would classify Trump's entire presidency as Refuge in Audacity.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37504 on: June 21, 2020, 10:56:14 pm »

If life were fiction, TVTropes would classify Trump's entire presidency as Refuge in Audacity.

If life were fiction, our editors would say nothing about our story or characters makes any goddamn sense.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37505 on: June 21, 2020, 11:03:51 pm »

If life were fiction, the director would be rich and famous, our movies would be often complained about but still highly-grossing.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37506 on: June 21, 2020, 11:52:15 pm »

If life were fiction, the director would be rich and famous, our movies would be often complained about but still highly-grossing.
Fuck, we're being directed by M. Night Shyamalan or Michael Bay.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #37507 on: June 21, 2020, 11:59:39 pm »

This is a great quote Egan.
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37508 on: June 22, 2020, 12:32:31 am »

Fuck, we're being directed by M. Night Shyamalan or Michael Bay.

clearly shyamalan.  Not enough explosions for Bay, even with the protests.  (also, the protesters are not all supermodel level hotness, so clearly not Bay.)

MO better fits Shyamalan as well-- Nonsense without explanation, absurd plot twists without rhyme or reason-- Completely implausible plot points... Yup. Totally Shyamalan.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37509 on: June 23, 2020, 10:48:54 am »

Nevermind, I don't care.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 03:08:34 am by Max™ »

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37511 on: June 23, 2020, 12:31:39 pm »

Nevermind, I don't care.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 03:08:01 am by Max™ »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37512 on: June 23, 2020, 12:38:07 pm »

Realistically, I don’t think the same link needs to be posted in all 3 threads.  Just pick one.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37513 on: June 23, 2020, 12:44:37 pm »

It's a troll.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37514 on: June 23, 2020, 12:44:53 pm »

https://news.yahoo.com/seattle-end-police-free-protest-022318235.html

Curious, how this has "Suddenly!" become a problem...  Couldn't be plainclothes police causing violence to force the issue. No, not in an area that just last week, was peaceful as hell. Certainly not. Not at all. I mean, it's not like the Seattle Police Department has a history of using agent provocateurs or anything...

https://www.mintpressnews.com/agent-provocateurs-police-caught-destroying-property-protests/268125/

Oh wait... Uhm.. Shit-- I mean, it's not like they were doing that RECENTLY; You know, like there is some kind of strong downward pressure from high-society to quash the protests..

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/20/doj-local-rioting-cases-329735

Oh wait..  Uhm.. Shit...

(Looks at script)

Yes-- Yes..  Local police are working VERY HARD to secure the Seattle autonomous zone after "recent violence" there in the past few days, as "Business owners" demand a return to normalcy after things "become too violent."

Pages: 1 ... 2499 2500 [2501] 2502 2503 ... 3566