Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2449 2450 [2451] 2452 2453 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4223079 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #36750 on: May 06, 2020, 09:33:07 am »

You can just insert a '.' after the '.com' and that got rid of the paywall in many news websites

E.G. https://www.washingtonpost.com./business/2020/05/06/adp-payrolls-jobs-coronavirus/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-high_adp-jobs-950am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans&itid=hp_hp-top-table-high_adp-jobs-950am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

The WaPo website is pretty cheeky in that it gets rid of the article link once the 'pay us' popup appears
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #36751 on: May 06, 2020, 10:01:53 am »

You can just insert a '.' after the '.com' and that got rid of the paywall in many news websites

Why does this work?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #36752 on: May 06, 2020, 10:09:58 am »

I've read that it probably has something to do with the interaction between cookies, free article limits, and the paywall
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36753 on: May 06, 2020, 04:01:53 pm »

Huh, kind of surprised nobody has brought up Bay of Pigs 2: QAnon Boogaloo yet.

Here's an AP news link. I think they don't do paywalls?

(I've seen some chatter elsewhere that the ringleader, for lack of a better term, for this is a QAnon believer, but have no idea if that's true.)

No indication I know of (yet?) that it has links to the US government, but regardless it seems like something they'd haphazardly throw some dollars at.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #36754 on: May 06, 2020, 04:17:04 pm »

Pretty bad when they couldn't even feed their dogs, let alone their soldiers.

Wouldn't be the first time a military veteran formed a PMC company and thought they'd do a little regime change. What amazes me is that Trump administration contacts were (supposedly) smart enough to not back it. If it'd succeeded I'm sure they would have been all over it like flies on shit.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36755 on: May 06, 2020, 06:30:14 pm »

They've worked security at a number of his events, but with the  ludicrous "Here's $50000, go overthrow Venezuela" prices that might just be incompetant lowest bidder meets incompetant cheapskate and not a real connection to the current mess.

OTOH I couldn't rightly bet that the whole thing wasn't the result of Jared getting assigned yet another massive, ill-advised, and sensitive undertaking and immediately doing it wrong.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36756 on: May 07, 2020, 12:40:48 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p23nt9Lsm-Y

Bwahahahahahahahaha. How do you plot something like this without ridiculously extensive political and monetary resources? For fuck's sake, the bounty is only 15 million....

Also: PTW
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36757 on: May 07, 2020, 01:17:13 am »

Something something tried to kill Castro 600 times and he died of old age anyway.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36758 on: May 07, 2020, 01:38:29 am »

Something something tried to kill Castro 600 times and he died of old age anyway.

If only this guy knew history. Those filthy commies sure are well-guarded, right brother?!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36759 on: May 07, 2020, 10:15:01 am »

Not to mention the country doing just fine under US embargo.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36761 on: May 07, 2020, 11:31:56 am »

Remember though, Trump just had a "small interest" in hydroxychloroquine. Small enough to try and "flood the markets" with it.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36762 on: May 07, 2020, 12:14:38 pm »

I'd honestly believe he might have only had a tiny stake. (Again, official records suggest that his entire stake in the chloroquine company is only somewhere in the thousands of dollars and his entire profit off the whole deal thus far is only in the hundreds.) However, that's not necessarily true for his family. However, that whistleblower shit suggests that it might not have been Trump at all and more people under Trump pushing things through Trump. Which is honestly more worrying.

I'm not trying to absolve Trump of responsibility. At the end of the day, he's in charge of the people who he appoints to these positions, and responsibility flows upwards. I think the more worrying thing is the inept and corrupt people he's putting in charge. At this point Trump is a known entity. We know not to trust him, people have their eyes on him. If he tries anything that's not covered by a bulletproof security classification the press will know about it. This is less true about the people under him. There have been a few notable instances of people under him getting the spotlight, but who knows how much shit is flying under the radar, and that's honestly scarier than just about anything Trump's personally doing short of the possibility of him getting us into a war.

Whoever comes after all this shit is going to have a massive mess to clean up, and I can imagine Trump and his people being spiteful enough they'd intentionally sabotage the people following them.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36763 on: May 07, 2020, 12:39:24 pm »

I think you put your finger on it. Trump himself may have a small stake, but what about Jared, Ivanka and the rest of his rat pack.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36764 on: May 07, 2020, 01:10:33 pm »

I mean, beyond all that, are we just going to discount that a few hundreds could be enough for trump to do his shit? It wouldn't be the first time tiny profits led some petty old fuck to do nasty stuff to try to get it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2449 2450 [2451] 2452 2453 ... 3566