Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2374 2375 [2376] 2377 2378 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4202383 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #35625 on: March 17, 2020, 07:52:14 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:24:46 pm by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35626 on: March 17, 2020, 08:01:11 pm »

Dude, it's nearly 8, polls closed around an hour ago. I'll be voting in the general regardless, but the only attractive thing to me about this primary choice was the possibility of writing in a candidate for the first time in my life, and that would have been replaceable by drawing a doodle of someone flipping off old people.

Like, all I was saying was a felt kind of bad about prioritizing the plague over a shitty throwaway vote, and now I feel less bad since the only option I might have picked just got friggin' destroyed in my state, so it's somewhat more ~whatever~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #35627 on: March 18, 2020, 01:52:09 am »

Anyway Amazon is prioritizing baby items, household items, medical items, food etc. Shit you might not be able to leave the house for soon enough.
Great, so they worm their way even deeper into being the "company store" of the entire west.

*Swedish exceptionalism intensifies*
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35628 on: March 18, 2020, 06:12:32 am »

Anyway Amazon is prioritizing baby items, household items, medical items, food etc. Shit you might not be able to leave the house for soon enough.
Great, so they worm their way even deeper into being the "company store" of the entire west.

*Swedish exceptionalism intensifies*
does Sweden not allow Amazon?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35629 on: March 18, 2020, 06:21:46 am »

The year is 2020 AD. The West is entirely occupied by the Amazonians. Well, not entirely... One small country of indomitable SwedesGeats still holds out against the invaders.

Nah, Amazon just doesn't have a Swedish store so instead Sweden has a thriving market of our own web stores.
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35630 on: March 18, 2020, 06:28:17 am »

The year is 2020 AD. The West is entirely occupied by the Amazonians. Well, not entirely... One small country of indomitable SwedesGeats still holds out against the invaders.

Nah, Amazon just doesn't have a Swedish store so instead Sweden has a thriving market of our own web stores.
that’s cool, what are the names of some of them?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35631 on: March 18, 2020, 06:49:21 am »

Waaaaaay too many to think of any one. They're mostly product group specific, like real stores. So no Amazon-esque sells-everything megastores, but stuff like clothing stores, apothecaries, electric goods, and so on
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35632 on: March 18, 2020, 06:52:08 am »

Waaaaaay too many to think of any one. They're mostly product group specific, like real stores. So no Amazon-esque sells-everything megastores, but stuff like clothing stores, apothecaries, electric goods, and so on
that sounds like it would be better if that was implemented in other places, however merging is too profitable for people to stop doing that

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #35633 on: March 18, 2020, 07:19:49 am »

Chinas the same way. We have hundreds of different stores plus Taobao - the main one, which is basically walmart online. Low quality and cheap.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35634 on: March 18, 2020, 07:58:58 am »

Working from home starting tomorrow, as some patients at my wife's place of work  Testing incomplete as of now.

Amazon is prioritizing shipments on things that help a person stay home or otherwise fight Covid-19.

Also, shipments of a disease that lives on surfaces like cardboard.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35635 on: March 18, 2020, 08:05:14 am »

Working from home starting tomorrow, as some patients at my wife's place of work  Testing incomplete as of now.

Amazon is prioritizing shipments on things that help a person stay home or otherwise fight Covid-19.

Also, shipments of a disease that lives on surfaces like cardboard.
tbf, diseases on cardboard is an unintentional “gift” unless whatever it is mind controls the workers, which is unlikely
EDIT: impossible if referring to a virus, there are parasitic worms and fungi that control the minds of their hosts, though they don’t affect humans, well not intentionally, there is Taxoplasma gondii, an apicomplexan that can only sexually reproduce within cats, and gets to them usually via rat, by making them no longer afraid of cats. Sometimes they may get inside of humans due to us dealing with cat litter, I have digressed, whoops
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 08:10:09 am by Naturegirl1999 »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #35636 on: March 18, 2020, 08:06:33 am »

I never say no to something free. That includes respiratory diseases.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #35637 on: March 18, 2020, 08:10:02 am »

The general advice is that the virus doesn't make it through the mail.

That being said, a few weeks ago the general advice was that masks don't work, not because they don't work but because there was a shortage and people figured lying about it was the easiest way to manage the shortage.  Remember, crises don't break things, they just reveal what's already broken.  e.g. top-down media based on an adversarial view of the public.

I ordered my quarantine essentials
Shoes...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35638 on: March 18, 2020, 08:11:32 am »

Edited my post to clarify that viruses don’t mind control, but some creatures can

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #35639 on: March 18, 2020, 08:15:30 am »

I dunno, viruses are malicious genetic information that alters the behavior of your cells, I'd be more surprised if there wasn't any viral behavior-alteration, especially considering how much of the human genome is ancient retroviral DNA.  And that's not even getting into the weird zone of memeshit where you can model the behavior of unintelligent systems and concepts as if they were agents and have it be predictive.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 2374 2375 [2376] 2377 2378 ... 3566