Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2373 2374 [2375] 2376 2377 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4202409 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #35610 on: March 17, 2020, 02:49:52 pm »

We never would have had this problem if Biden had simply gotten the Lorem vote and Sanders the Ipsum vote, as everyone was expecting.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35611 on: March 17, 2020, 03:03:48 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:24:34 pm by dragdeler »
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35612 on: March 17, 2020, 04:32:20 pm »

So Romney's words are becoming reality, within 2 weeks every US citizen will get a check for 1000USD or more in the mail.
Spend it wisely folks.  Don't hoard.

EDIT: correction, not every US citizen. 'Rich' people will not get it.
Although it is yet unclear where the line between rich and not rich will be drawn.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 04:33:59 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35613 on: March 17, 2020, 04:54:30 pm »

That shit is going straight to my bank account. Or maybe I'll splurge on one of these gutted stocks. Luckily I work in tech so my hours have not been affected by the Corona Virus yet.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35614 on: March 17, 2020, 06:39:21 pm »

Same, assuming I qualify for it.

I'm in mild disbelief that the current administration would give people money, and I'm very curious what the results of all of this will be.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35615 on: March 17, 2020, 06:45:38 pm »

I'm not even sure it's actually happening yet. There's multiple similar efforts going on on that front and as near as I can tell none of them have actually, like, passed both chambers of congress, nevermind anything so far as implementation goes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35616 on: March 17, 2020, 06:47:06 pm »

Working from home starting tomorrow, as some patients at my wife's place of work  Testing incomplete as of now.

Amazon is prioritizing shipments on things that help a person stay home or otherwise fight Covid-19.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35617 on: March 17, 2020, 06:54:10 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:24:38 pm by dragdeler »
let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35618 on: March 17, 2020, 06:54:44 pm »

I'm not even sure it's actually happening yet. There's multiple similar efforts going on on that front and as near as I can tell none of them have actually, like, passed both chambers of congress, nevermind anything so far as implementation goes.

IIRC it has bipartisan support, but I would think this is one of those things they'll just "do" under emergency powers or some such. Things are moving fast these days, but I was still surprised how fast this went from idea to reality. Maybe Orange Man figures this makes him look generous and responsive and will help him get elected.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35619 on: March 17, 2020, 06:56:34 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:24:42 pm by dragdeler »
let

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #35620 on: March 17, 2020, 06:56:47 pm »

Yang Gang rise up
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35621 on: March 17, 2020, 06:57:53 pm »

Working from home starting tomorrow, as some patients at my wife's place of work  Testing incomplete as of now.

Amazon is prioritizing shipments on things that help a person stay home or otherwise fight Covid-19.
I just wish testing would expand faster, really. There's still pretty fucked up restrictions in some places (florida), even when we're well past the point of community transmission and awareness of the possibility of asymptomatic spread and crap.

IIRC it has bipartisan support, but I would think this is one of those things they'll just "do" under emergency powers or some such. Things are moving fast these days, but I was still surprised how fast this went from idea to reality. Maybe Orange Man figures this makes him look generous and responsive and will help him get elected.
I mean, you'd think, but last I heard anything major Senate GOP was stonewalling parts of the house bill and GOP congresscritters in general had no idea what the fuck was going on so far as executive/congress emergency measure negotiations were concerned. I'll be surprised about how fast it hit reality just as soon as I can get some confirmation it actually has.
Ask not!
Ask!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35622 on: March 17, 2020, 07:00:14 pm »

I just wish testing would expand faster, really. There's still pretty fucked up restrictions in some places (florida), even when we're well past the point of community transmission and awareness of the possibility of asymptomatic spread and crap.

Apparently it cut off part of my post? My wife is a nurse, some patients are showing symptoms. Testing incomplete.

Anyway Amazon is prioritizing baby items, household items, medical items, food etc. Shit you might not be able to leave the house for soon enough.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35623 on: March 17, 2020, 07:33:25 pm »

Well, in conflictingly mitigation not-bad/not-good news, apparently bernie's getting utterly fucking crushed in florida (and basically everywhere else voting tonight, for that matter). I feel less bad about not making it to the polling station out of concern this cough is something contagious :-\
Ask not!
Ask!

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35624 on: March 17, 2020, 07:34:55 pm »

Anyway Amazon is prioritizing baby items, household items, medical items, food etc. Shit you might not be able to leave the house for soon enough.
Great, so they worm their way even deeper into being the "company store" of the entire west.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.
Pages: 1 ... 2373 2374 [2375] 2376 2377 ... 3566