Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2372 2373 [2374] 2375 2376 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4202146 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #35595 on: March 17, 2020, 08:31:38 am »

I "like" that the responses to the Coronavirus have been pretty much describing the entire platform of the candidates. Biden said Trump did a bad job of handling it without really saying what the problem is or how to fix it. Sanders said having a healthcare system that people can't or don't want to use and the government refusing to take responsibility are problems that need fixing. Guess which one is winning.

Bain?
A lotta loyalty for an elected official!
Crashing this party...with no survivors!
Nobody cared who he was until he put on the vote

Is that some superhero movie thing? It's not that I'm not nerdy enough for them, but that they're either boring or terrible. Batman and Robin gets a pass because it reminds me of Adam West's Batman, which is the only good superhero TV show.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #35596 on: March 17, 2020, 08:46:14 am »

It’s the opening of the dark knight rises, which became a big dumb meme for a period of time
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35597 on: March 17, 2020, 10:30:18 am »

Mittens is not a republican with conviction, though. He just really fucking hates trump and isn't worried about his constituency punishing him for it.

Mittens probably isn't considered a republican by other republicans these days anyways.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35598 on: March 17, 2020, 10:38:42 am »

"No TRUE republican"

That's a logical fallacy there. Just cant put my finger on it.. Hmmmm....

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35599 on: March 17, 2020, 10:45:46 am »

"No TRUE republican"

damned scots, they ruined scottish idioms!
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35600 on: March 17, 2020, 11:06:22 am »

https://heavy.com/news/2020/03/biden-bernie-primary-results-aired-early-video/

"Oops"

Very curious to see what the official results look like in comparison to this obviously random fluke.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35601 on: March 17, 2020, 12:38:00 pm »

https://heavy.com/news/2020/03/biden-bernie-primary-results-aired-early-video/

"Oops"

Very curious to see what the official results look like in comparison to this obviously random fluke.

I'm sure that they'll make up different numbers with the same results, now that they've been outed. I'd be surprised if they were that incompetent.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35602 on: March 17, 2020, 12:48:37 pm »

I think that's pure conspiracy theory stuff there. The station said it was a test run of the graphics, and I'd believe them. If it was routine to fake results like this and all the local TV stations were in on the ruse, then you'd hear more about it. That many people can't keep a secret.

Also, since the test included Republican primary results, you'd also have to concluded that whoever is running the Republican primaries and the Democratic primaries are in cahoots here. So the only way this works is if the Republicans and Democrats are working together to rig the primaries in their state, along with local TV stations, and both sides know they're both doing it, enough to coordinate getting the fake data to local news ahead of time.

You guys are actually going off the deep end here. Sanity check here, aren't you the same people who rolled your eyes at the "crooked Hillary rigged the election" stuff when Trump said it, and against Voter ID, because virtually no examples of voter fraud have ever been uncovered? Now, because it's an internal election you guys are turning into Trumpist/Infowars sounding people.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 01:04:20 pm by Reelya »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #35603 on: March 17, 2020, 01:08:14 pm »

"No TRUE republican"

damned scots, they ruined scottish idioms!

Awa’ an’ bile yer heid, fannybaws.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35604 on: March 17, 2020, 01:20:55 pm »

I think that's pure conspiracy theory stuff there. The station said it was a test run of the graphics, and I'd believe them. If it was routine to fake results like this and all the local TV stations were in on the ruse, then you'd hear more about it. That many people can't keep a secret.

Yeah, but there have been a lot of very suspicious accidents, mistakes, and coincidences. Our options are either the people in charge are regular incompetent, or are trying to screw us over and are incompetent at that.

And I would argue that putting out results for an election prior to voting would be a failure to keep it secret, if that is what happened. The same as catching cheating on video.

Also, since the test included Republican primary results, you'd also have to concluded that whoever is running the Republican primaries and the Democratic primaries are in cahoots here. So the only way this works is if the Republicans and Democrats are working together to rig the primaries in their state, along with local TV stations, and both sides know they're both doing it, enough to coordinate getting the fake data to local news ahead of time.

The party with an incumbent (already in office and is running again) candidate generally doesn't run a primary. So only one party needs to be involved.

Edit: I don't know why I'm defending what was obviously a joke.

Edit2:

Awa’ an’ bile yer heid, fannybaws.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 03:57:17 pm by Iduno »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35605 on: March 17, 2020, 01:24:11 pm »

How do you explain the graphic showing results for both parties then?

EDIT: Also, remember exit polls have been wrong before
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 02:00:54 pm by Reelya »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #35606 on: March 17, 2020, 01:58:39 pm »

Aye, I'm going with Reelya on this one, insofar as mock-ups seem quite plausible and the most parsimonious explanation.

I assumed at first by "mock-ups" you meant graphics created ahead of time for each case (with the specific numbers replaceable, of course) to same time creating graphics, but from the article they appear to mean placeholder graphics created for rehearsals.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35607 on: March 17, 2020, 02:01:44 pm »

Aye, I'm going with Reelya on this one, insofar as mock-ups seem quite plausible and the most parsimonious explanation.

I assumed at first by "mock-ups" you meant graphics created ahead of time for each case (with the specific numbers replaceable, of course) to same time creating graphics, but from the article they appear to mean placeholder graphics created for rehearsals.

Yeah, but nobody does test work in a production environment...

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35608 on: March 17, 2020, 02:18:25 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:24:30 pm by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35609 on: March 17, 2020, 02:20:09 pm »

Yeah, but nobody does test work in a production environment...

But that assumption would preclude them accidentally launching either the fakes or the mock-ups. And doesn't change the fact that, if what you're saying is correct, then they meant to put out fake figures for the Republican primary too.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 02:21:46 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 2372 2373 [2374] 2375 2376 ... 3566