Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2338 2339 [2340] 2341 2342 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4197122 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #35085 on: February 29, 2020, 08:59:51 pm »

We could sure use a government shutdown about now. That'd really stick it to the libs.

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35086 on: February 29, 2020, 10:16:58 pm »

Joe Biden first ran for president in 1988.  32 years later, he wins his first ever presidential primary.  Too bad he thinks he's running for the Senate.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35087 on: March 01, 2020, 12:54:16 am »

So, is it normal in the US to be ineligible to vote for 30 days after updating your registration?  I moved about 13 years ago and never updated my voter registration, meaning I had to drive like an hour away to vote in the last presidential election.  I decided to fix that for the SC primary vote, only to learn that by doing it a week ahead I shot myself in the foot because I wasn't eligible to vote until I got my new card.  As far as I can tell, since I moved between counties (despite being in the same state), it's as if I had registered anew and can't vote within 30 days of doing so.

Sanders lost the primary anyway, to nobody's shock here, but I still wanted to participate...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35088 on: March 01, 2020, 01:04:19 am »

State laws vary wildly, but it may not shock you to learn that the great State of South Carolina does not have the world's most welcoming voter environment.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #35089 on: March 01, 2020, 09:22:58 am »

*suspiciously eyes the North Carolinian for biases*
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35090 on: March 01, 2020, 09:33:09 am »

*suspiciously eyes the Best Carolinians for biases*
FTFY

I resent your implications, though.  Biases would be flaws.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35091 on: March 01, 2020, 09:36:42 am »

*suspiciously eyes the Best Carolinians for biases*
FTFY

I resent your implications, though.  Biases would be flaws.
All humans have biases, shortcuts and assumptions our minds make. The trick to overcoming them is to know what biases there are so we can train ourselves to know when they occur, and to correct for them.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35092 on: March 01, 2020, 09:42:39 am »

Or they can just live in North Carolina, and in so doing transcend such limitations.
(I am making a joke by acting obnoxiously proud of my state, particularly since South Carolina came up.)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35093 on: March 01, 2020, 10:36:12 am »

Or they can just live in North Carolina, and in so doing transcend such limitations.
(I am making a joke by acting obnoxiously proud of my state, particularly since South Carolina came up.)
ah, ok

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #35094 on: March 01, 2020, 06:22:45 pm »

Bunch of news saying Pete Booty-G is dropping out.  :o
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35095 on: March 01, 2020, 06:24:32 pm »

Eyup. MSH is probably happy :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35096 on: March 01, 2020, 06:50:18 pm »

Hmm...not quite. I'm pretty emotionally deadened by the stakes of this election, and while you all know my dislike for Buttigieg, I'm more concerned by the strategic implications. Some polls put Bernie at the top of the second choice, others put Klob. But Biden is high for both. Of course, this doesn't count people who already early voted for Buttigieg and who will not vote at all now.

I guess we'll see.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 07:01:06 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35097 on: March 01, 2020, 07:35:40 pm »

That's a good question actually, can one vote on primary day to overwrite their vote?  I hadn't really thought about it before now.

I'm having any-trouble-at-all finding the answer, so I'm going to guess people are locked in.  That's... unfortunate in a general sense.  I don't really know which direction Buttigieg supporters would go.  I'm sure many of them would probably align with my interests, but many would not.  Sucks that they don't get a voice now though, early voting should be encouraged if only to reduce the overhead and increase the accessibility.  It shouldn't carry the risk of wasting your vote, particularly when it remains secret (unlike snowflake Iowa - well, in most years).

Yes I just dissed Iowa's early primary Caucus despite Sanders winning it.  Seems like a sad claim for relevancy.
She/they

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35098 on: March 01, 2020, 08:49:19 pm »

https://twitter.com/fannychoir/status/1234137096287162369

People have the money go to the doctor for just an ear infection? If it's that bad, go to the pet store and pick up some fish antibiotics.

Maybe if the Buttigieg people are jumping ship to Bloomberg or something. I don't follow your guys closely enough to know their policies or voter-bases exactly however so may be off-base there.

Buttigieg and Bloomberg have worked together enough in the past that it sounds like a reasonable possibility.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 09:13:41 am by Iduno »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #35099 on: March 02, 2020, 02:08:23 pm »

The Klob is out. The field narrows...

It also appears that both Klob and Booty are endorsing Biden
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 02:24:56 pm by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*