Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2304 2305 [2306] 2307 2308 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4207445 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #34575 on: February 05, 2020, 09:58:43 pm »

Quote from: Donald Trump Jr.
a member of the resistance

Jeez - is that the word they're using now? That sounds far too cyberpunk for my liking.
It's been quietly cyberpunk for some time now, just not enough neon for us to notice.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34576 on: February 05, 2020, 09:59:23 pm »

Yeah... Greiger may be more spot on with his Star Wars comparison than he realized.

Welcome to a dictatorship.  Now all we need to do is wait for donald trump to walk into the capitol building and declare the senate dissolved Star Wars style and the republicans will answer with applause just like the movie.

It's like The Force Awakens meets Revenge of the Sith, but with Twitter.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:01:15 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34577 on: February 05, 2020, 10:10:25 pm »

The resist movement against trump actually has been around a long time. Democrats even called it a resistance.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/31/magazine/a-resistance-stands-against-trump-but-what-will-it-stand-for.html

That was way back in 2017.

Be careful of spreading false information, only hurts us democrats and those opposed to trump. Cause that has been a thing for a long time, and I was actually part of the movement since it turned into a semi-organization with rallies. Saying its from star wars and sith or whatever is kinda hurtful to those of us who actually joined the resistance rallies (for various issues that popped up. One was a rights for woman for equal pay rally it wasn't all anti-trump but it was the main overall focus). It completely plays into the hand of trump and hurts our movement by making it look to be something it isn't.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:15:25 pm by Trolldefender99 »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34578 on: February 05, 2020, 10:21:56 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XOzyBQ594E

Just don't take that to it's logical conclusion. Or do... but Romney in a metal bikini doesn't do it for me personally.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34579 on: February 05, 2020, 10:38:51 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XOzyBQ594E

Just don't take that to it's logical conclusion. Or do... but Romney in a metal bikini doesn't do it for me personally.

It would have to be magic, since he's Mormon.

So...Shadowrun, I guess?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #34580 on: February 05, 2020, 10:53:22 pm »

So the entire point of the space force was to eventually get Romney into a position where he’s blasted into the cold void, only for him to save himself via Mormonism?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #34581 on: February 05, 2020, 10:57:51 pm »

There is a series of novels based on the Doom series in which the Mormons play a significant role, in at least one book anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34582 on: February 05, 2020, 11:02:04 pm »

So...Shadowrun, I guess?

Is it finally time, then? I'm going Decker.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #34583 on: February 05, 2020, 11:04:27 pm »

So...Shadowrun, I guess?

Is it finally time, then? I'm going Decker.

But that means you’re a replicant.

You’ll fit right in with Trump’s New World Order.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #34584 on: February 05, 2020, 11:06:34 pm »

Saying its from star wars and sith or whatever is kinda hurtful to those of us who actually joined the resistance rallies (for various issues that popped up. One was a rights for woman for equal pay rally it wasn't all anti-trump but it was the main overall focus). It completely plays into the hand of trump and hurts our movement by making it look to be something it isn't.

I don't think the star wars comparisons were meant to downplay those issues - and I think they may have been agreeing with you: pointing out that a point where we need something that can be called (by its members, I mean) an organized resistance highlights how bad those issues have gotten.

Regardless, point noted. I will attempt to not misrepresent people.

(My attachment to a certain wonderful board game called "The Resistance" is probably not helping either.)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34585 on: February 06, 2020, 12:16:22 am »

Perhaps at this point the only thing I can hope for is the old "No wars have ever been fought between two democracies" maxim to kick in, when all the other democracies of the world realize that America is no longer a democracy, and they come to the conclusion that having the world's hegemony be a shitty corrupt dictatorship is too large a risk to take, and so just team up to gangstomp us into fucking dust.

I just honestly can't imagine a world where there isn't some kind of violent global upheaval that completely changes everything about the world and humanity. It's just a matter of choosing to see it happen, or choosing to end my own life so that I can die in blissful ignorance of the hellish reality that is yet to come. I'm only half-joking about that.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34586 on: February 06, 2020, 12:20:28 am »

Saying its from star wars and sith or whatever is kinda hurtful to those of us who actually joined the resistance rallies (for various issues that popped up. One was a rights for woman for equal pay rally it wasn't all anti-trump but it was the main overall focus). It completely plays into the hand of trump and hurts our movement by making it look to be something it isn't.

Yah, not trying to dismiss the struggle or anything! Is just... this stuff is depressing. Like, really depressing. We're laughing about the ludicrousness of the situation we're in 'cos it'd be kind of miserable not to laugh about it.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34587 on: February 06, 2020, 02:07:02 am »

As I've said before, the only thing worth it is laughing about how fucked bitchbaby is once he leaves office.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #34588 on: February 06, 2020, 02:20:26 am »

We're going full fasc now.  This is it.  This is hard turning point territory.

ICE is being given permission to destroy millions of documents at the National Archive.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34589 on: February 06, 2020, 02:57:49 am »

Perhaps at this point the only thing I can hope for is the old "No wars have ever been fought between two democracies" maxim to kick in, when all the other democracies of the world realize that America is no longer a democracy, and they come to the conclusion that having the world's hegemony be a shitty corrupt dictatorship is too large a risk to take, and so just team up to gangstomp us into fucking dust.
Now I'm not defending the ridiculous concept of democracy by any means, but saying the country's "no longer a democracy" because of this is a bit of a stretch.   

As for your second paragraph... well, I'm not sure why you'd want to miss out on that, assuming such an event is going to happen within our lifetimes.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 2304 2305 [2306] 2307 2308 ... 3566