Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2302 2303 [2304] 2305 2306 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4207421 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #34545 on: February 05, 2020, 02:01:42 pm »

The only problem I have with the theory of Clinton having strong connections to the media is the horrible and strongly biased reporting during the campaign in favor of Trump. If you'd only watched the headlines, you'd have the impression he was the only one running. Oh, and that Hillary personally killed everyone in Benghazi with her email server.

This is because of the Pied Piper Strategy.

Internal memos show the DNC had strategic plans to boost Trump as the republican nominee as early as April 2015, because they thought he was one of their most unelectable candidates.  This is why Trump got so much free publicity.  Unfortunately, Trump is the type of personality who knows to use that type of publicity.  Trump is literally the fault of Hillary and her campaign in almost every possible way.

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34546 on: February 05, 2020, 02:50:01 pm »

DNC could've made a boring Jeb! win

Sad!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #34547 on: February 05, 2020, 02:55:46 pm »

Ah.

I really hope that e-mail is nonsense.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34548 on: February 05, 2020, 03:07:10 pm »

Impeachment vote in progress. Some tiny part of me still wants to hope, but all the signs point to acquittal...  :-\
I'm proud of Mitt Romney, at least. Guy put his career on the line to speak out against his fellow Republicans.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #34549 on: February 05, 2020, 03:14:30 pm »

Nah, he just hates Trump enough to do it.

He is only supporting one of the articles of impeachment though; he believes Trump abused his position, but evidently doesn't think Trump was obstructing congress by telling witnesses not to testify or stonewalling congress at every single turn when they asked for documents.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #34550 on: February 05, 2020, 03:17:36 pm »

Of course Mitt is gonna do things Mitt Romney style
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34551 on: February 05, 2020, 04:40:54 pm »

Welcome to a dictatorship.  Now all we need to do is wait for donald trump to walk into the capitol building and declare the senate dissolved Star Wars style and the republicans will answer with applause just like the movie.

Donald Trump not guilty on all articles of impeachment.  Even obstruction, which the facts alone should have made a slam dunk in any real trial.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 04:42:37 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #34552 on: February 05, 2020, 04:53:47 pm »

Removal of the president required 67 votes in the Senate.
If y'all thought that 20 republicans were going to cross the aisle then I don't know what reality you're from.
It was never gonna happen
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34553 on: February 05, 2020, 05:07:55 pm »

Congrats, Big T.!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34554 on: February 05, 2020, 05:10:25 pm »

In a reality where justice means something.  In a world where politicians have morals and feel withholding to their duties.  In a world where people will do their jobs.

In the United States of America.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34555 on: February 05, 2020, 05:12:02 pm »

My big hope for the mid-terms right now is that we either get a Democrat in the presidency, or a bunch of Democrats in the Senate-- not because I care about Democrat policy whatsoever, but because we desperately need a bit of friction between the White House and the Senate. When a single party controls both the executive and the legislative branches of the government, stuff like this happens.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34556 on: February 05, 2020, 05:14:29 pm »

Have any senators tried to spin why they think the white house literally telling people to ignore subpoenas isn't obstruction of justice?  Is it just okay because they didn't think Trump did anything bad in the first place?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34557 on: February 05, 2020, 05:40:30 pm »

Well I'm rather disappointed, but not surprised.

From what I gather from my grandma on my mom's side, who is a big israel supporter coming from Israel, and a big trump supporter (she perceives trump as being pro-israel compared to other candidates, whether thats true or not she won't listen otherwise). But what she said was she felt the democrats threw the impeachment into trump's favor by refusing to allow democrat witnesses (biden and hunter in particular) to be questioned. She thinks its suspicious of hunter's dealings in ukraine, though I reminded her trump equally has businesses and dealings with saudi arabia. But her excuse was then either both are guilty or neither are.

Likewise, on my dad's side who come from mostly iraq and some from iran, they are very disappointed by the results. Though despite my dad's side being staunchly anti-trump due to his hatred toward fellow muslims, they were a little disappointed by how democrats handled the entire thing. With that said, they were vastly more angry and disappointed by the many bigots and racists of republicans.

Though with that said, both my grandma and dad's side of the family were happy with romney's choice because he chose for himself and came to his own conclussion and kinda just went his own path.

Now that is just a tiny portion of the thoughts of both sides of my family who both come from very different places and religions. So is that the majority thinking? Probably not, but its just what they personally felt.

My own thoughts is trump is a criminal, and everyone seems to have forgotten his businesses in saudi arabia. A president AND his family should not have businesses in other countries. That easily leads to corruption, and trump is the pinnacle of corruption. That should been a much bigger focus and think would have worked out better focusing on trump's foreign businesses which as far as I know is illegal for a president to have.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34558 on: February 05, 2020, 05:56:25 pm »

His term has been basically a steady stream of emoluments clause violations, sure. Unfortunately there's exactly one organization capable of holding him accountable for federal level bad behavior right now, and the republican part of it just made it extra clear how willing they are to do so.

Bright side, I think at this point if whoever takes the presidency after trump has the sheer fucking gall to pardon him, they're probably going to get mob justice'd, so if he doesn't just drop dead from being an unhealthy old fucker in the next few years we might actually get to see a president held accountable for criminal acts.

Wouldn't that be a sight to fucking see :-\
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 06:01:26 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34559 on: February 05, 2020, 06:31:47 pm »

Nah, he just hates Trump enough to do it.
And it'd be Romney 2020 with Trump knocked out of the running.

Have any senators tried to spin why they think the white house literally telling people to ignore subpoenas isn't obstruction of justice?  Is it just okay because they didn't think Trump did anything bad in the first place?
The articles charge obstruction of Congress. The Judicial branch never issued any subpoenas.

Trump's lawyers' defense was that the House never voted on authorizing the impeachment committee to issue subpoenas. Once they finally did, they didn't make it retroactive or re-issue the subpoenas. The House also didn't take up the issue of Executive privilege with the Supreme Court, and instead just made it an article of impeachment. It's still up in the air if a President can flat-out refuse to let his senior staff testify, like attorney-client privilege, and Senate Republicans have no reason to side in favor of obstruction without a court ruling.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 06:50:47 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 2302 2303 [2304] 2305 2306 ... 3566