Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2298 2299 [2300] 2301 2302 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4210173 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #34485 on: February 04, 2020, 05:34:33 pm »

...Huh. Is there evidence for this claim?

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34486 on: February 04, 2020, 05:35:23 pm »

Anyway gonna not debate with bernie supporters, most are mad cause they got called out by CNN, NYtimes and hillary clinton. Like arguing with racists, its useless. Gonna keep on going and keep the eye on the prize of beating trump in 2020. And its looking good for a lot of the candidates, but with so many states to go its still a tossup.

I actually donated to andrew yang's campaign, but its looking pretty dead in the water. I might throw in a donation to warren, since I like her a lot. But I'm gonna wait to see how the campaigns progress for the winners and ones who did not do so good.

(edit: And the only time I'll bring it up one last time. Yes the evidence is hillary clinton's interview and the CNN and NYtimes articles. I already linked the article to hillary clinton's interview and she has no reason to lie she was honest in the whole interview, and its been widely spread with his remark on warren so that is a little of a tossup of how he said/she said)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 05:37:02 pm by Trolldefender99 »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34487 on: February 04, 2020, 05:36:05 pm »

Just popping in to say that this is hilarious. Most I've laughed all day.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34488 on: February 04, 2020, 05:37:04 pm »

And here people thought the Republicans would be tearing themselves apart.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34489 on: February 04, 2020, 05:38:01 pm »

...Huh. Is there evidence for this claim?

I'll bite.

In case you missed it

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/21/us/politics/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders.html

It might not be bernie himself, but the culture around him as stated by hillary clinton.

Now going back to supporting real candidates. Last time I bother replying to bernie supporters, that even hillary clinton called many of his supporters out on. Its like arguing with trump racists.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #34490 on: February 04, 2020, 05:39:57 pm »

Anyway gonna not debate with bernie supporters, most are mad cause they got called out by CNN, NYtimes and hillary clinton. Like arguing with racists, its useless. Gonna keep on going and keep the eye on the prize of beating trump in 2020. And its looking good for a lot of the candidates, but with so many states to go its still a tossup.

I actually donated to andrew yang's campaign, but its looking pretty dead in the water. I might throw in a donation to warren, since I like her a lot. But I'm gonna wait to see how the campaigns progress for the winners and ones who did not do so good.

(edit: And the only time I'll bring it up one last time. Yes the evidence is hillary clinton's interview and the CNN and NYtimes articles. I already linked the article to hillary clinton's interview and she has no reason to lie she was honest in the whole interview, and its been widely spread with his remark on warren so that is a little of a tossup of how he said/she said)

K

You go be satisfied with that level of informedness, I guess.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #34491 on: February 04, 2020, 05:41:12 pm »

Protip: The real reason behind the Iowa caucus 'irregularities' is to hide the fact that Andrew Yang got 100% of the vote.

Every single one.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #34492 on: February 04, 2020, 05:43:08 pm »

Protip: The real reason behind the Iowa caucus 'irregularities' is to hide the fact that Andrew Yang got 100% of the vote.

Every single one.

Damn.  TamerVirus has no reason to lie.  Link to this post saved as evidence for future discussions.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34493 on: February 04, 2020, 05:44:09 pm »

Every single one.

I don't think he actually has much support tbh, he never really did or caught on. He had a very small slice of the pie so to speak. His selling pitch of everyone gets a fixed income is a little out there for most people I think. Some of his comments about himself as an asian was also kinda stereotypical and kinda kept people away. But I think that was kinda a minor thing. I just think he doesn't have that charisma and oomph that a lot of people like in a candidate and he didn't really have any big things besides the fixed income. Kinda a one off sell point and not much else.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34494 on: February 04, 2020, 05:44:47 pm »

I'll bite.
In case you missed it
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/21/us/politics/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders.html
It might not be bernie himself, but the culture around him as stated by hillary clinton.
Now going back to supporting real candidates. Last time I bother replying to bernie supporters, that even hillary clinton called many of his supporters out on. Its like arguing with trump racists.
Yeah I missed it, I'll give it a look. Please argue in good faith however, this forum isn't Fox or CNN ;p

Every single one.
Nah, Jeb Bush was polling as 100%

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34495 on: February 04, 2020, 05:47:34 pm »

I'll bite.
In case you missed it
Yeah I missed it, I'll give it a look. Please argue in good faith however, this forum isn't Fox or CNN ;p

Every single one.

fair enough I did come off as a bit aggressive. But as said, as hillary said, it may not entirely be bernie but just the culture around him which wouldn't entirely be his fault. Sorry for the aggressive tone though, I think arguing with trump trolls on comments on various news sites got me adapted to that line of debate which isn't actually appropriate anywhere else and this forum. Again sorry for the aggressive attitude, I'll tone it down a lot of notches.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34496 on: February 04, 2020, 05:49:54 pm »

Every single one.

please clap
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34497 on: February 04, 2020, 05:51:04 pm »

No worries fam, we're all cool here, whatever the political aisle. At its worse we will be stubborn and well-set in our views, but I think we've gotten good at keeping shit civil

Every single one.
please clap
[sad airhorn noises]

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34498 on: February 04, 2020, 05:59:58 pm »

No worries fam, we're all cool here, whatever the political aisle. At its worse we will be stubborn and well-set in our views, but I think we've gotten good at keeping shit civil

Every single one.

please clap
[sad airhorn noises]

Well I'm gonna have to get going so my last post for a bit.

But..

To be fair and honest though, I'd still vote for bernie if ends up the nominee. Anyone is better than trump. Gotta get him out. I know everyone has their preferred candidate though so I respect others preferences and opinions. Everyone is gonna have some controversy of some kind around them, whether its small or big since no person is perfect. I just like warren a lot more. I just wasn't expecting bettigieg to do so well. Don't think many people expected that as far as I know. But in the end, I'll vote whoever isn't trump.

Though I'm most surprised biden did so poorly. He tends to top national polls, so maybe its a one off state or a sign his campaign is losing oomph. I know for a long time he was regarded as easily the number one candidate, but that seems not to be a thing now in general.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34499 on: February 04, 2020, 06:00:22 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:04:03 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 2298 2299 [2300] 2301 2302 ... 3566