Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2297 2298 [2299] 2300 2301 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4210402 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #34470 on: February 04, 2020, 12:22:56 pm »

Just so we're all clear: CIA Pete is a financial backer of the app they used for the caucus that both had an "error" and in which he massively overperformed all his polls and then falsely declared himself the winner in the middle of the night on national tv with 0% results reported.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 12:26:09 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34471 on: February 04, 2020, 01:00:17 pm »

Iowa now blaming it's fuckup on a 'major coding error'.
That's a euphemism for "we can't really blame our (lack of) requirements or design analysis, so we'll blame the coders who were told to make this thing because they should have just magically known how to make it work."
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34472 on: February 04, 2020, 01:07:17 pm »

Just so we're all clear: CIA Pete is a financial backer of the app they used for the caucus that both had an "error" and in which he massively overperformed all his polls and then falsely declared himself the winner in the middle of the night on national tv with 0% results reported.
Though to clarify that, bernie's numbers also seem to be supporting pete outperforming expectations pretty handily.

Oddities so far as that goes probably just boils down to the normal campaigning spending that went on, maybe with a side of being like the only non-geriatric still meaningfully running. Iirc pete sunk it into iowa pretty heavily.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34473 on: February 04, 2020, 02:10:47 pm »

To be fair, you do have to consider that you're arguing that they could manage a conspiracy with no leaks, and also fuck it up this bad. People knew the app was a bad idea before it saw use.

Edit: I'm not saying they wouldn't conspire against anyone who was too far left for the DNC, I'm just saying whoever put this together couldn't manage it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 02:42:04 pm by Iduno »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34474 on: February 04, 2020, 02:36:52 pm »

The company that ran the app is called Shadow Inc.

I can't even make jokes about this. This is what reality is now. Something about S.P.E.C.T.R.E wink wink lul. That's all I've got.

EDIT: In lieu of original snark I have found a meme. Thank God for modern technology.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 03:07:07 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34475 on: February 04, 2020, 02:40:31 pm »

Though to clarify that, bernie's numbers also seem to be supporting pete outperforming expectations pretty handily.
Yes - which means Mayo Cheat knew he wasn't looking at comfortable victory or even a close second when he declared himself the interim President of Venezuela.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34476 on: February 04, 2020, 03:02:04 pm »

I like how our ideas of what constitutes a conflict of interest haven't even begun to catch up with the technological reality we're living with.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #34477 on: February 04, 2020, 03:53:30 pm »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34478 on: February 04, 2020, 04:14:25 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34479 on: February 04, 2020, 04:54:58 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:03:58 pm by dragdeler »
let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34480 on: February 04, 2020, 05:03:43 pm »

Man I have been struggling against my friends who ate the Red Pill after Trump's election, dogging on Democrats harder than the Corruptor In Chief. I've been like, yeah, Dems are sucking but how can you ignore what's going on with the President?

Shit like this makes me realize that I'm like, arguing for a Democrat party that doesn't exist anymore.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34481 on: February 04, 2020, 05:12:47 pm »

Well looks like buttigieg may actually have the votes, we'll see in the end. I was hoping anyone but bernie, and I wasn't very excited about biden either. I was hoping actually hoping warren the most. I wasn't expecting pete buttigieg to do so well in the polls. I'm just glad not an old white guy who has said suspicious things about women, and even hillary clinton wasn't fond of him entirely.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/21/us/politics/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders.html

I trust hillary clinton's opinion and nytimes, hillary should been the president anyway and the entire world would be better. But too late for that now.

But as for polls go, I'm so glad so far its not an old person. Biden is an old white guy too, though better than bernie but not by much. I wouldn't have been very excited about him either, and with his controversy real or not would probably effect elections in nazi trump's favor. I never expected buttigieg to do so well though, that came from nowhere it seems.

https://www.cnn.com/election/2020/state/iowa?xid=ec_crm_iowa_d

Right now bernie is close behind though, so he is still doing good. But I hope buttigeig keeps his lead. A young person like obama was arther young is what we need, or a change of pace from men to women but warren is tailing behind. And biden is doing the worst, I think that shows the controversies surrounding him even if lies have hurt his efforts in iowa. (edit: I have shown support of biden, I do like a lot of his policies. I just think he isnt the top candidate I would actually want to support. But I'd vote for him in a heart beat if he ends up winning other states and becoming the nominee. I'm pretty good with any of the candidates except bernie really, and I know nothing about bloomberg not sure what is up with him. A ton of ads, but remains with incredibly low support. Kinda weird with him)

Granted it is one state, a long way to go for other states to choose the candidate and not all the votes are in as of this post.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 05:24:01 pm by Trolldefender99 »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #34482 on: February 04, 2020, 05:24:38 pm »

Well looks like buttigieg may actually have the votes, we'll see in the end. I was hoping anyone but bernie, and I wasn't very excited about biden either. I was hoping actually hoping warren the most. I wasn't expecting pete buttigieg to do so well in the polls. I'm just glad not an old white guy who has said suspicious things about women, and even hillary clinton wasn't fond of him entirely.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/21/us/politics/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders.html

I trust hillary clinton's opinion and nytimes, hillary should been the president anyway and the entire world would be better. But too late for that now.

But as for polls go, I'm so glad so far its not an old person. Biden is an old white guy too, though better than bernie but not by much. I wouldn't have been very excited about him either, and with his controversy real or not would probably effect elections in nazi trump's favor. I never expected buttigieg to do so well though, that came from nowhere it seems.

Right now bernie is close behind though, so he is still doing good. But I hope buttigeig keeps his lead. A young person like obama was arther young is what we need, or a change of pace from men to women but warren is tailing behind. And biden is doing the worst, I think that shows the controversies surrounding him even if lies have hurt his efforts in iowa. (edit: I have shown support of biden, I do like a lot of his policies. I just think he isnt the top candidate I would actually want to support. But I'd vote for him in a heart beat if he ends up winning other states and becoming the nominee. I'm pretty good with any of the candidates except bernie really, and I know nothing about bloomberg not sure what is up with him. A ton of ads, but remains with incredibly low support. Kinda weird with him)

Granted it is one state, a long way to go for other states to choose the candidate and not all the votes are in as of this post.

*doubles over in pain*

Oh my god it's physically painful to read...
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34483 on: February 04, 2020, 05:27:09 pm »

*doubles over in pain*

Oh my god it's physically painful to read...

Well if your a bernie supporter I guess it would be. I think he is sexist or has sexists in his party like hillary said, which hillary triggered so many of his supporters. NYtimes and CNN have both reported on him. So if any bernie supporter got mad over that, then I laugh in their face because his supporters in general are really bigots toward women, just like hillary clinton said in the interview with NYtimes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #34484 on: February 04, 2020, 05:33:29 pm »

Well if your a bernie supporter I guess it would be. I think he is sexist or has sexists in his party like hillary said, which hillary triggered so many of his supporters. NYtimes and CNN have both reported on him. So if any bernie supporter got mad over that, then I laugh in their face because his supporters in general are really bigots toward women, just like hillary clinton said in the interview with NYtimes.

Can you provide any examples of sexist behavior or any kind of support for this characterization in general?
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 2297 2298 [2299] 2300 2301 ... 3566