Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2291 2292 [2293] 2294 2295 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4210810 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #34380 on: January 31, 2020, 05:09:05 pm »

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34381 on: January 31, 2020, 05:30:05 pm »

WTF, Biden? Saying people should die? Why would he do this?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34382 on: January 31, 2020, 05:31:29 pm »

As I understand it, the founding fathers were partly looking to prevent an excess of democracy-- "tyranny of the mob" and all that. This was around the time of the French Revolution, recall.
It's still very much real today. Idiots abound all around and they all get a vote. If were up to me people would need to tramit a license to get a vote in the first place. I can't tell you how many idiots here voted for Chavez just because they wanted to vote for the winner so they would win too. Win exactly what? Who knows, you asked these people about Chavez social policies or economical plans and they just stared back blankly in a vain effort to comprehend the question, then answering back what ranged from "I don't know" to "Well, it's not my problem, he'll know what to do" to the jewel of "No matter, we have plenty of oil to solve everyproblem" or "He will take from the rich to give all to us" and even more idiotic stuff like "Well he will remove 3 zeroes from our coin, so we'll be carrying around bags of coins just like in the zorro, that's just neat and the best thing". Or the classic "No tiene padrote" (roughly  "He's the boss" or "He rules") and "I don't care, he's going to win anyway so I'll vote for the winner so I'm a winner too or don't wase my vote".

I wish all those were made up. I swear my friends, wish those were made up. And let's not start on the people that in a real shock replied "There was a first one?!" when I started talking about how Hittler got into power and the road to world war 2, after they asked who was Hittler when I mentioned the jerk.

As long a large enough proportion of voters are like this democracy simply won't work.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 05:35:01 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34383 on: January 31, 2020, 05:35:07 pm »

That's the Onion. It's a satirical comedy website that parodies current events.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34384 on: January 31, 2020, 05:38:22 pm »

That's the Onion. It's a satirical comedy website that parodies current events.
Damn it, I forgot to check the url again
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 06:43:16 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34385 on: January 31, 2020, 06:42:38 pm »

I mean, I'm not surprised that the motion for witnesses was defeated... I'm a tiny bit surprised to hear even a retiring republican senator admit that the reason they say they don't need witnesses is because the house actually made their case already and they feel it isn't sufficient to remove him from office, so they're still cowards, but they aren't happy about it?

"Nobody tells the senate what to do." ~Mitchbitch
"Except me..." ~Also him

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34386 on: January 31, 2020, 07:03:20 pm »

This is astounding.  This is something you'd see from some dictatorship or a third world country.  What is a trial without evidence or witnesses?  Democrats should be storming the capitol building in riot, Republicans should be ashamed of their party being more loyal to themselves than the country.  This is a trial where the goddamn lawyers are also the jury.

Then this impeachment falls through from lack of evidence, when rule of law fails, it is the duty of the people to enforce the law.  Either through voting which is becoming increasingly meaningless, or rebellion which is the most extreme, time will tell what will become necessary, and only future historians will be able to see which was the better option in the end.

I make a joke of being a member of the illuminati, this is actual conspiracy, unfolding in front of our eyes, televised, and people are fine with it.  Appalling.   I won't be surprised if Donald Trump somehow wins the election with 100% of the popular vote.  After all, if cheating to get reelected is in the public interest and isn't impeachable, why not go all the way and fake it all, like other countries do? 

Or hell, cancel the election entirely? With majority in senate and the president in power and senate and president clearly acting as a single entity, I'm willing to guess there isn't a whole lot they can't do.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 07:24:43 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34387 on: January 31, 2020, 07:38:40 pm »

Then this impeachment falls through from lack of evidence

It's actually worse in a way.  My understanding is that the Republican senators have largely decided that Trump did extort Ukraine for assistance in his reelection, but that they think that's okay.

I have a strong suspicion that they would have had different opinions if a Democrat were president.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #34388 on: January 31, 2020, 08:09:37 pm »

Then this impeachment falls through from lack of evidence
It's actually worse in a way.  My understanding is that the Republican senators have largely decided that Trump did extort Ukraine for assistance in his reelection, but that they think that's okay.
I have a strong suspicion that they would have had different opinions if a Democrat were president.

What I'm hearing is that the Republican Senators are increasingly saying that they recognize that Trump is guilty, and that what he did was wrong, but that the wrong thing he did does not rise to the level of impeachment.
While I disagree on their judgement of the impeachability of Trump's actions, at the same time I can understand why they are choosing not to hear additional witnesses. If they've already decided to forgive Trump of whatever crimes he commits, then witnesses are not going to move the bar at all.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #34389 on: January 31, 2020, 08:43:14 pm »

The second amendment people will do something about it, right?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34390 on: January 31, 2020, 08:50:41 pm »

I messaged my senators, I also have a printed copies waiting to be mailed asking that they don't allow Donald Trump to get away with what he has done.

My senators are Rick Scott* and Marco Rubio, so I am assuming everything I send will just be re-purposed as toilet paper, but if I can get together the time to send my senators something when I know they are so deep in trump's pocket they are discussing the vintage of his farts everyone can.

*Better known as gollum from his blockbuster role in lord of the rings

EDIT: I wonder if there is some way to cover the paper in hot sauce without ruining the writing or making it obvious something is amiss.  Hmm...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 08:57:50 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34391 on: January 31, 2020, 09:14:51 pm »

Just saw an interesting comment on politics - rather than our elections often being between "the lesser of two evils" wouldn't it be nice if we could vote for "the better of two goods"?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34392 on: January 31, 2020, 09:16:44 pm »

Just saw an interesting comment on politics - rather than our elections often being between "the lesser of two evils" wouldn't it be nice if we could vote for "the better of two goods"?
It would be nice, but sadly it is unrealistic currently

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34393 on: January 31, 2020, 09:18:18 pm »

EDIT: I wonder if there is some way to cover the paper in hot sauce without ruining the writing or making it obvious something is amiss.  Hmm...

No, but you can buy pure capsaicin, which is worse.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34394 on: January 31, 2020, 09:25:29 pm »

It would be nice, but sadly it is unrealistic currently
It won't happen until we stop voting for the lesser. But four times as many people voted for HC&DT in states they couldn't possibly win than the total votes for any third party. And the same will happen in November when Biden loses.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.
Pages: 1 ... 2291 2292 [2293] 2294 2295 ... 3566