Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2099 2100 [2101] 2102 2103 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4204528 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #31500 on: August 10, 2019, 05:16:08 am »

I am white, and was a white kid.
How unusual.

Not everyone can be Micheal Jackson bro. :P

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31501 on: August 10, 2019, 10:49:13 am »

Jeffrey Epstein is dead. Allegedly committed suicide while on suicide watch.

Heads will roll.

Bonesaw may or may not be included.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31502 on: August 10, 2019, 10:51:23 am »

So, Joe Biden apparently cant help himself with the gaffes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/09/us/politics/joe-biden-poor-kids.html

"Poor kids just as bright as white kids."

Nevermind the implicit statement he did not mean to make-- White kids can never be poor.

Things like this make it hard for me to support the guy.  I am white, and was a white kid.  I was also poor.  Like "we cant afford to keep a phone in the home", and "We literally live off produce mom grows in the back yard." poor.  Biden, you can do better bro.  I know what you meant to say, but dont make these kinds of implicit statements. (sigh)

I think he was vacillating between "poor kids are just as bright as rich kids" and "black kids are just as bright as white kids" and his brain shifted gears mid-sentence. He's certainly as I'm-not-racist-I-have-minority-friends as you'd expect a wealthy white septuagenarian liberal to be, but I think this speaks more to his senility and the general state of mental decrepitude that he's long passed off as folksy idiocy.

It's harder to explain away his position on the problems faced by young people being, literally, "I have no empathy for it. Give me a break."

It strikes me as somewhat hypocritical to blame millennials for losing faith in the political system when he has been part of the system they lost faith in since before any of them were born.

Yeah, his gaffes are starting to become cringeworthy, or rather more cringeworthy than they already were. Plus the bit about millenials is just top tier baby boomer eliteism 'I don't give a damn' even though he tries to explain otherwise.

It's sad that by all appearances and polls, he seems to be the best chance so far of beating Trump. As cringeworthy as they are, it can't be any worse than Trump, right? I mean, he's quite popular internationally despite the tendency to be off the cuff the way he is, so, he CAN be diplomatic where Trump isn't.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #31503 on: August 10, 2019, 11:38:22 am »

Heads will roll.

Apparently he was off suicide watch by then, for... some reason.

Also, quite possibly the most fucking suspicious "suicide" I've heard about in years. International underage sex trafficker with connections up to and including the president of the united states, conveniently commits suicide right as shit starts getting unsealed. Come the fuck on, this shit wouldn't pass a schlock mystery editor.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31504 on: August 10, 2019, 11:52:43 am »

I'm still not seeing where "Biden has the best chance of beating Trump" holds any water at all. His polling is above the other primary candidates, but it's basically been a downward trend since the race started. He's running almost entirely on name recognition. He can't even break 30% reliably anymore whereas a few months ago he was polling in the 40s.

There's some argument that Sanders and Warren are currently splitting the vote for the people who'd vote for either of them. There's also an argument that Sanders voters wouldn't necessarily go for Warren (or even any other Democrat)... but combine their numbers and you often hit and exceed Biden's numbers. Not to mention the other candidates that will eventually have to drop out and where their supporters will go.

Biden is far from the worst candidate, and name recognition does help, but I just don't see what else he has to go on. If he's up against Trump it's going to come down to "How bad can you make Trump look compared to Biden" rather than Biden actually being the candidate anyone especially wants. That's a valid strategy to win, but it's not a pleasant reality to live in.

Heads will roll.

Apparently he was off suicide watch by then, for... some reason.

Also, quite possibly the most fucking suspicious "suicide" I've heard about in years. International underage sex trafficker with connections up to and including the president of the united states, conveniently commits suicide right as shit starts getting unsealed. Come the fuck on, this shit wouldn't pass a schlock mystery editor.

I'm just really hoping the investigation continues. There's no way he did what he did alone and there have to be some records.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31505 on: August 10, 2019, 12:05:29 pm »

The investigation will not continue and the records will be lost. Some piggies will be gilded and Trump will instruct his population to forget about all this, which they will.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #31506 on: August 10, 2019, 01:14:10 pm »

Biden can beat Trump the same way Clinton could beat Trump.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31507 on: August 10, 2019, 02:35:15 pm »

The investigation will not continue and the records will be lost. Some piggies will be gilded and Trump will instruct his population to forget about all this, which they will.
Nah, they'll never forget how Clinton's Deep State shot Epstein in the head twice before he could expose them.  It's only a shame there was nothing the Trump Administration could have done, like... keep the VIP who attempted suicide, on suicide watch.  They left him in solitary confinement with no witnesses and enough material to hang himself, but somehow the Deep State got to him anyway.  Sad!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31508 on: August 10, 2019, 02:49:40 pm »

I'm still not seeing where "Biden has the best chance of beating Trump" holds any water at all. His polling is above the other primary candidates, but it's basically been a downward trend since the race started. He's running almost entirely on name recognition. He can't even break 30% reliably anymore whereas a few months ago he was polling in the 40s.

There's some argument that Sanders and Warren are currently splitting the vote for the people who'd vote for either of them. There's also an argument that Sanders voters wouldn't necessarily go for Warren (or even any other Democrat)... but combine their numbers and you often hit and exceed Biden's numbers. Not to mention the other candidates that will eventually have to drop out and where their supporters will go.

Biden is far from the worst candidate, and name recognition does help, but I just don't see what else he has to go on. If he's up against Trump it's going to come down to "How bad can you make Trump look compared to Biden" rather than Biden actually being the candidate anyone especially wants. That's a valid strategy to win, but it's not a pleasant reality to live in.

I don't see how any of them could have a strong, definitive ability to beat Trump.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31509 on: August 10, 2019, 03:08:56 pm »

I don't see how any of them could have a strong, definitive ability to beat Trump.

A lot of that's going to depend on how the electoral college plays out. His approval numbers aren't anything to smile about, so just about anyone without serious baggage SHOULD be able to beat him. But I could see him edging out enough votes in the right combination of states to pull off a win again. I do think any of the current top 5 candidates could run a decent campaign just by playing it straight and trying not to say anything stupid, but I do think it'll help if we could get one of the candidates that has people actually excited about them.

I've said it before, but people show up to a Harris, Warren, or Sanders rally, and they tend to leave excited. People show up to a Biden rally and they tend to leave feeling the same they did walking in, or worse. He just doesn't excite people. He doesn't leave people with a feeling of confidence in his abilities or even his personality. He's acceptable... at BEST.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31510 on: August 10, 2019, 03:12:34 pm »

Biden has been basically making an ass of himself on a constant basis since his announcement, though. I don't have high expectations for him.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31511 on: August 10, 2019, 03:29:38 pm »

Trump has been basically making an ass of himself on a constant basis since his announcement, though. I don't have high expectations for him.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #31512 on: August 10, 2019, 04:08:33 pm »

That's true but there's also another angle, which is that Republicans have an useless definition of what racism is.  The fundamental issue of racism in the USA is the ability of non-whites to occupy space.  Or to put it differently, Americans commonly view the question of "are you racist" as "how much do you like or dislike other races?"*  The more accurate question is "what would you disapprove of a non-white person doing, that you would be fine with a white person doing?"

This is one of those things the republican and democrat on the street are forever talking past each other on.  Trump supporters believe that Trump isn't racist because he doesn't hate brown people*, he just wants them to be somewhere else.  But that's *exactly* what racism is in the US.  Its not wanting brown people in your schools, living next door, dating your kids, ect.  Racist people in the US are more receptive to Nazi style race war/"why don't we just nuke Iraq" arguments, but a majority of them want segregation rather than genocide.  That displacing people is similar to killing them, well... racists aren't known for being smart.

*even tho he totally does
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31513 on: August 10, 2019, 04:21:01 pm »

They just want to say, concentrate them in to a single space.  Like a camp, for example.

Just get the ss ICE to raid some towns and rope up those juden Hispanics.  Don't worry about those kids with no guardians or even documentation, they'll be fine.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 2099 2100 [2101] 2102 2103 ... 3566