Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2090 2091 [2092] 2093 2094 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4208870 times)

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #31365 on: July 29, 2019, 06:02:53 pm »

Um, I thought the two kids were Canadian. Either way, the thing is that Americans (and I suspect, every other country in the world) largely don't vote (in the places that do vote) based on foriegn policy (unless it's in some way connected to domestic policy), they by and large vote based on domestic matters.

The Democratic candidates have said stuff about China, but I haven't really seen anything pro-China. It's just that the focus has been on domestic policy, mostly healthcare and immigration, though the shooting in California yesterday is going to thrust gun policy back into the spotlight for sure.

This I'm looking forward to actually, is each candidates stances on guns. A good gun policy can really make a difference in voter opinion. And trump has been the worst at gun policy (or lack there of rather) of any president I can personally recall.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31366 on: July 29, 2019, 06:07:57 pm »

Did some looking into that Canadian Genocide. Found a couple of articles that came out on or near to the same date, that do not have a paywall/account needed to view. Looks like most news outlets were running the story about a month ago. Certainly not something that was swept under the rug, as it were.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/03/canada-indigenous-genocide-women-report
https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/genocide-case-inquiry-1.5160941

Looks like there was an official Canadian inquiry into the matter, and the government found that their policies had historically destroyed the native people culturally, and also turned an apathetic eye towards violent crime and missing persons cases involving aboriginals. These findings were used to fit the UN's definition of genocide. Frankly it's not that different from what the US did to the Native Americans.

“This is an uncomfortable day for Canada,” said the prime minister, Justin Trudeau. “We have failed you. We will fail you no longer.”
“The prime minister really offered up nothing more than words,” said Cindy Blackstock, a Gitxsan child welfare advocate and professor. “I was looking for something that would actually make a difference in the lives of women and girls today.”

Blackstock noted that the government’s recent budget that did not allocate any funding to implement the recommendations of the long-expected inquiry.

Interestingly, some activists (Notably Tamara Starblanket) are saying that the use of the term Genocide is unwarranted, as it is an international crime. Her position seems to be that the use of the term is sort of a false flag.
"The inquiry is a domestic inquiry and it has no mandate to deal with international legal questions. Their mandate is limited to Canadian law, which is the Criminal Code and Canada reframed genocide in its criminal code to avoid getting caught up in international law," she said.

At any rate it's still not actually related to white supremacy in America, which is something I would much prefer to see focused on by any upcoming presidential candidate over internal Canadian problems.

Who are these secret two white kids who killed some people, anyway? Are we talking about the festival shooting? Did some other people get shot by white supremacists? I'd be less than surprised to find that we have multiple major shootings going on.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31367 on: July 29, 2019, 06:15:06 pm »

Trolldefender is referring to the two suspects in the triple 'murder mystery'.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31368 on: July 29, 2019, 06:25:48 pm »

It's so much fun to live in a place where I can type in "Two White Supremacist Kids Murder" and Google doesn't know which one I'm asking about today.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31369 on: July 29, 2019, 06:48:48 pm »

-
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 08:01:57 pm by JoshuaFH »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #31370 on: July 29, 2019, 07:39:55 pm »

Um, I thought the two kids were Canadian. Either way, the thing is that Americans (and I suspect, every other country in the world) largely don't vote (in the places that do vote) based on foriegn policy (unless it's in some way connected to domestic policy), they by and large vote based on domestic matters.

The Democratic candidates have said stuff about China, but I haven't really seen anything pro-China. It's just that the focus has been on domestic policy, mostly healthcare and immigration, though the shooting in California yesterday is going to thrust gun policy back into the spotlight for sure.

I had things backwards, apparently. The victims were American and Australian.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31371 on: July 29, 2019, 07:55:25 pm »

Ah, so that's why I only came up with the one thing. The other shootings were done by Americans who were not demonstrable white supremacists.

Details and such.

We did have a mass shooting in California that killed a 13-year old and a 6-year old, though, as linked previously.

Gun was apparently bought in Nevada. An obvious case towards arguing for a strong federal standard on gun laws.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #31372 on: July 29, 2019, 08:11:49 pm »

Ah, so that's why I only came up with the one thing. The other shootings were done by Americans who were not demonstrable white supremacists.

Details and such.

We did have a mass shooting in California that killed a 13-year old and a 6-year old, though, as linked previously.

Gun was apparently bought in Nevada. An obvious case towards arguing for a strong federal standard on gun laws.

No, no.

Thoughts and prayers.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31373 on: July 29, 2019, 08:27:39 pm »

Details and such.

No, no.

Thoughts and prayers.
I hope you are joking, when have thoughts and prayers actually helped anyone? Sure it makes the one praying feel good, but that doesn’t help anyone else

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #31374 on: July 29, 2019, 08:31:24 pm »

Details and such.

No, no.

Thoughts and prayers.
I hope you are joking, when have thoughts and prayers actually helped anyone? Sure it makes the one praying feel good, but that doesn’t help anyone else

It’s all the Republicans ever order to victims of gun violence.

Sometimes it’s “if only there was a good guy with a gun.”
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31375 on: July 29, 2019, 08:31:53 pm »

I do all three, that being prayer + thinking and then arriving at the conclusion that God doesn't want children shot at festivals in front of their families. Somehow this is a difficult conclusion for some folks.

I haven't yet been struck by lightning for not supporting God's own views on guns as stated in absolutely nowhere in the Bible, so I'm probably doing something right.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31376 on: July 30, 2019, 01:58:15 am »

If I remember right Jesus did tell his followers to go and spend their last coin on swords.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31377 on: July 30, 2019, 02:23:58 am »

So, was the perp of that festival shooting a vampire?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31378 on: July 30, 2019, 03:14:30 am »

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Republican nominee for President in 2024.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31379 on: July 30, 2019, 03:25:41 am »

I’m confused why you’re asking this. Why this question?
Pages: 1 ... 2090 2091 [2092] 2093 2094 ... 3566