Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2070 2071 [2072] 2073 2074 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4211771 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #31065 on: July 07, 2019, 08:06:33 pm »

Why I’m worried about not being able to talk abou
T this kind of stuff is that I’m worried talking about ending wars could be constued as being against US interests, which seem to be continuing and instigating wars. I’m worried if we continue in this direction, we could become like current dictatorships

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #31066 on: July 07, 2019, 08:20:13 pm »

I’m actually really looking forward to when Trump has to give up power, because I genuinely have no idea if he’s going to do it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31067 on: July 07, 2019, 08:24:24 pm »

At this point I feel like I should just laugh maniacally or something "Mwa ha ha ha ha."

I mean seriously - the attempt to distill all of a nation's motivations to a single thing like "warmongering" is not really helpful.  It's sadly more nuanced than that.

EDIT: By nuanced I really mean - there are more forces than the military industrial complex involved. Big pharma, Big TV, Big Data, Big Agriculture, Big Banking etc.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 08:32:19 pm by McTraveller »
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Qassius

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a Russian Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31068 on: July 07, 2019, 08:47:20 pm »

As President Eisenhower said- "Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific technological elite."

We're fucked and controlled by the corporatists that use the wonders of the modern age against us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #31069 on: July 07, 2019, 08:56:34 pm »

Mind, it's less scientific technological elite and more rampant statisticians or something. Excepting that the actual ones of those tend to be pretty horrified, too, if no less functionally held hostage by various embodiments of capitalist excess. It's sadly not the scientific elites holding folks captive, and it's pretty clear there Eisenhower was hella' wrong on that equal danger front.

Eat the rich, etc., etc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31070 on: July 08, 2019, 12:24:21 am »

Tf even happened in here?! I ask about the extent of Biden's creepiness and it suddenly devolves into a heated argument about the psychological effects of baby-making? What even.

Well, I'm just gonna assume that that girl was a CIA sleeper agent and the unknown sweet nothings he whispered in her ear were, in fact, her coded activation phrase, sending her out to brutally assassinate some unsuspecting person of interest with her deadly, programmed in fighting skills.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31071 on: July 08, 2019, 12:46:44 am »

Tf even happened in here?! I ask about the extent of Biden's creepiness and it suddenly devolves into a heated argument about the psychological effects of baby-making? What even.

You must make the baby before the vice can kiss the baby.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31072 on: July 08, 2019, 06:10:49 am »

The thing is, the patterning *IS REAL*.  There is data.

People, as a general rule, are not as active at "thinking" when they make decisions as they believe. (there's some very interesting science on that actually.) I am also guilty of this, as I am a human as well. Human brains are a heuristic decision weight engine, and the patterning puts a very heavy hand on the scale.  This genuinely affects objectivity.
All I can think after seeing that article and experimental description is "do I achieve Buddhahood if I press both buttons at the same time without deciding anything?" I mean, I juggle, shit like this is just normal behavior for my hands now, hell I get into a work bender sometimes and forget to sleep then wind up dozing off with sharp tools mid-use in my hands only to wake up a little while later to the amusing discovery that my hands interpret "brain fell asleep" as "hold position until further notice" without my ever even considering trying to do this.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31073 on: July 08, 2019, 08:56:04 am »

People, as a general rule, are not as active at "thinking" when they make decisions as they believe. (there's some very interesting science on that actually.) I am also guilty of this, as I am a human as well. Human brains are a heuristic decision weight engine, and the patterning puts a very heavy hand on the scale.  This genuinely affects objectivity.
All I can think after seeing that article and experimental description is "do I achieve Buddhahood if I press both buttons at the same time without deciding anything?" I mean, I juggle, shit like this is just normal behavior for my hands now, hell I get into a work bender sometimes and forget to sleep then wind up dozing off with sharp tools mid-use in my hands only to wake up a little while later to the amusing discovery that my hands interpret "brain fell asleep" as "hold position until further notice" without my ever even considering trying to do this.
How do you just...fall asleep with sharp tools in your hands?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31074 on: July 08, 2019, 09:47:21 am »

He trained his hands really well? Dunno, it is odd though.

Back to various political news, looks like Tom Steyer will jump into the race, though it sounds more like a gimmick/stunt. Then again, didn't Trumps candidacy start off as a sortof gimmick/stunt?

This is interesting, CNN is going to conduct a live draw for the qualification for the second set of debates. While the transparency is a good thing, I just hope they keep it all business.

Politico article gives some context to it. Looks like the fact that NBC took heat over doing it offcamera led to CNN deciding to be transparent where NBC wasn't. Unless CNN planned on being transparent in the first place, but either way, doesn't change the fact that NBC took heat over not being transparent.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 10:03:47 am by smjjames »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31075 on: July 08, 2019, 10:22:23 am »

Never had a regular sleep schedule, it isn't quite insomnia but sometimes my brain just doesn't wanna do anything but lay there ticking away if I try to sleep so I'll go back to whatever I'm working on, sometimes it'll get nice and cozy and quiet and I'll realize I dozed off briefly while I was drilling or sawing or scraping something.

Generally the missus notices after once or twice and gently suggests I come lay down unless she's already dozed off herself.

Never woken up with an injury doing this, if I fall asleep holding a glass of water in one hand with my left hand on the home row at worst I'll wake up to several lines of sdddddddddddddddddddddddffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff or something, the water will still be where it was, no clue what all I did to make that work but hey, makes me uniquely qualified to fuck up that free will experiment!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31076 on: July 08, 2019, 10:49:51 am »

Never had a regular sleep schedule, it isn't quite insomnia but sometimes my brain just doesn't wanna do anything but lay there ticking away if I try to sleep so I'll go back to whatever I'm working on, sometimes it'll get nice and cozy and quiet and I'll realize I dozed off briefly while I was drilling or sawing or scraping something.

Generally the missus notices after once or twice and gently suggests I come lay down unless she's already dozed off herself.

Never woken up with an injury doing this, if I fall asleep holding a glass of water in one hand with my left hand on the home row at worst I'll wake up to several lines of sdddddddddddddddddddddddffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff or something, the water will still be where it was, no clue what all I did to make that work but hey, makes me uniquely qualified to fuck up that free will experiment!
That’s cool, must be a long lasting muscle memory?

He trained his hands really well? Dunno, it is odd though.

Back to various political news, looks like Tom Steyer will jump into the race, though it sounds more like a gimmick/stunt. Then again, didn't Trumps candidacy start off as a sortof gimmick/stunt?

This is interesting, CNN is going to conduct a live draw for the qualification for the second set of debates. While the transparency is a good thing, I just hope they keep it all business.

Politico article gives some context to it. Looks like the fact that NBC took heat over doing it offcamera led to CNN deciding to be transparent where NBC wasn't. Unless CNN planned on being transparent in the first place, but either way, doesn't change the fact that NBC took heat over not being transparent.
If there are 24 candidates, why not have 3 debates of 8, or 8 debates of 3? Rather than leaving some of them out?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31077 on: July 08, 2019, 10:55:20 am »

If there are 24 candidates, why not have 3 debates of 8, or 8 debates of 3? Rather than leaving some of them out?

I've thought that myself about having a set of three debates, but I don't know the DNCs reasons for not going that route. A good deal of it is likely logistical.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31078 on: July 08, 2019, 10:57:16 am »

Mostly because the sooner this is over, the better for the party. A debate with 20 candidates doesn't resolve into 210 meaningful side-by-side comparisons of candidates, it resolves into 20 candidates trying to shout tweetable things over each other -- and that will keep happening as long as the field is this big.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31079 on: July 08, 2019, 11:12:08 am »

Should just use a teleporter to fuse every dude but biden and yang together, maybe castro too.   The rest are indistinguishable, I'm not convinced they werent generated with an algorithm.  Maybe biden too honestly.

Putting all my money on marianne/JEB! 2020

Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 2070 2071 [2072] 2073 2074 ... 3566