Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2037 2038 [2039] 2040 2041 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4210145 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #30570 on: June 04, 2019, 09:02:49 pm »

They don’t have incontrovertible proof though. They have what Mueller found but could not do anything with, and a White House that’s unwilling to share information with any investigations congressional committees undertake. That can be brushed off as Trump being Trump (see: “Sadiq Khan is a stone cold loser”, “I didn’t say Meghan Markle was nasty, oh that recording of the interview I said that in is fake news”)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30571 on: June 04, 2019, 09:18:11 pm »

This is fact might be the point where Trump is playing something resembling 4D chess. If he pushes Democrats buttons to go forward with impeachment proceedings with the relative knowledge that they'll ultimately fail, it could end up working toward his advantage.

I say this only because it is a very Trump thing to do. A "I dare you to go after me. You don't know what you're getting yourself into" attitude. And while oftentimes that's a bluff, and might well be now, it's also possible that's he's relatively confident (Possibly thanks to republican support) that he'd come out of the other end more or less clean.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #30572 on: June 04, 2019, 09:34:00 pm »

They don’t have incontrovertible proof though. They have what Mueller found but could not do anything with, and a White House that’s unwilling to share information with any investigations congressional committees undertake. That can be brushed off as Trump being Trump (see: “Sadiq Khan is a stone cold loser”, “I didn’t say Meghan Markle was nasty, oh that recording of the interview I said that in is fake news”)

Did nobody besides me read the actual report? He said that the justice department forbids indicting the president -- any sitting president is automatically immune to indictment. Therefore, the special prosecutor has only two choices: recommend the Congress investigate, or else declare the president innocent. Mueller could have video of Trump gunning down a crowd while shouting his own name, and all he could do is say "I did not find sufficient evidence to exonerate the President."

To be fair, he could probably go a little farther and speak publicly and as a private citizen, but that would not stand a good chance of driving the Democrats to empower the DoJ.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30573 on: June 05, 2019, 12:39:12 am »

"I did not find sufficient evidence to exonerate the President."

MFW William Barr
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #30574 on: June 05, 2019, 04:52:04 am »

Therefore, the special prosecutor has only two choices: recommend the Congress investigate, or else declare the president innocent.
Yet it somehow feels like Mueller avoided doing either.

"I dunno if I can conclude Trump obstructed justice or not. Why don't I just let the Trump-appointed AG handle the decision? Surely America will respect his final authority in this matter."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 05:02:20 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30575 on: June 05, 2019, 08:55:33 am »

What does this impeachment means? I keep imagining an orange somehow tucked inside a peach.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #30576 on: June 05, 2019, 09:16:39 am »

Impeachment is the process by which a President could theoretically be removed from office for "high crimes and misdemeanors".
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #30577 on: June 05, 2019, 10:18:26 am »

SUVs are the epitome of "me first." Can't see in traffic? Well now you can, and no one behind you can.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30578 on: June 05, 2019, 10:57:31 am »

Therefore, the special prosecutor has only two choices: recommend the Congress investigate, or else declare the president innocent.
Yet it somehow feels like Mueller avoided doing either.

"I dunno if I can conclude Trump obstructed justice or not. Why don't I just let the Trump-appointed AG handle the decision? Surely America will respect his final authority in this matter."
As far as I can tell, Mueller never asked Barr for shit. Barr is trying to fabricate some quite sketchy conclusions in order to preempt congress coming to any conclusions with legal weight.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30579 on: June 05, 2019, 12:22:36 pm »

What does this impeachment means? I keep imagining an orange somehow tucked inside a peach.

No no that's the guy we want to get rid of.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30580 on: June 05, 2019, 02:21:37 pm »

It's technically the formal procedure for a legislative body to remove a government official from office. Can be any official, not just the president, but they're the ones that typically get all the attention and lower level officials can usually be pressured to resign before that's necessary. (Even Nixon resigned before being formally impeached).

We've also had a number of federal judges over the years that have been impeached for various reasons and given that judicial appointments are typically lifetime at the federal level, impeachment is often the only way to remove a stubborn one.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30581 on: June 05, 2019, 07:54:38 pm »

You people don't retire your judges at certain age???? That's crazy.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30582 on: June 05, 2019, 08:27:55 pm »

No we let people be in major positions of power for life so long as they have enough money to buy their way into their own position enough times.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #30583 on: June 05, 2019, 08:36:59 pm »

You people don't retire your judges at certain age???? That's crazy.

The intention is to insulate the judges as much as possible from the political  process. Jusges that face reelection or mandatory retirement have a tendency focus on that rather than on the law.

It works better than it seems.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30584 on: June 05, 2019, 08:51:35 pm »

Mandatory retirement with no influence on the next appointee would work better, imo.
Pages: 1 ... 2037 2038 [2039] 2040 2041 ... 3566