Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2032 2033 [2034] 2035 2036 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4208896 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #30495 on: June 02, 2019, 03:58:14 am »

Treads still cycle though don't they

Isn't that how they push themselves forward
Love, scriver~

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30496 on: June 02, 2019, 04:13:12 am »

The senate theoretically gives equal representation but given it was an institution intended to prevent unsavory types like uneducated  farmers and slaves from getting more power and influence than their rightful betters like white landed gentry... fuck preserving it's power. It's already backfired unless we can impeach Gorsuch and Kavanaugh plus the dozens of other conservative fucks McConnel crammed through?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #30497 on: June 02, 2019, 09:22:58 am »

At least until the Dems control it. Then it'll be fine.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30498 on: June 02, 2019, 10:18:47 am »

no it won't
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #30499 on: June 02, 2019, 10:30:49 am »

Democracy has the unfortunate side-effect of letting total buffoons to help decide national policy.

this has been known for a while.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #30500 on: June 02, 2019, 10:46:18 am »

"The greatest argument against democracy is a conversation with its voters."

-Abraham Lincoln, 2019

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30501 on: June 02, 2019, 11:56:02 am »

Democracy has the unfortunate side-effect of letting total buffoons to help decide national policy.

Would you suggest that this problem can be solved by removing the democracy? In dictatorships, everything's run by complete morons who ALSO aren't held accountable for anything they do.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #30502 on: June 02, 2019, 12:03:21 pm »

Would you suggest that this problem can be solved by removing the democracy? In dictatorships, everything's run by complete morons who ALSO aren't held accountable for anything they do.
No, I'm saying recognize the system for what it is. Until we come up with a better one, Democracy is all we really have.

Removing the Democracy isn't the solution, recognizing and alleviating the symptoms of Democracy being imperfect is, at least until some great thinker comes along and invents something better.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #30503 on: June 02, 2019, 12:06:35 pm »

No, I'm saying recognize the system for what it is. Until we come up with a better one, Democracy is all we really have.

Removing the Democracy isn't the solution, recognizing and alleviating the symptoms of Democracy being imperfect is, at least until some great thinker comes along and invents something better.
Oh please, have the courage to say the truth: a theocratic monarchy headed by a god-king, with a strict ethno-religious caste system underneath is vastly superior to western democracy
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 12:08:08 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30504 on: June 02, 2019, 12:09:05 pm »

Harharhar, those idiotic country hicks, amirite, fellow middle-class Americans?

Clearly they should be stripped of any say in national decisions, to prevent them muddling our righteous, enlightened judgment over their lives with their silly rural ideas.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30505 on: June 02, 2019, 01:06:05 pm »

Clearly they should be stripped of any say in national decisions, to prevent them muddling our righteous, enlightened judgment over their lives with their silly rural ideas.

with the whole war on drugs thing, its not like we haven't been trying.  then the whole selling opiods to the chinese rural areas.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #30506 on: June 02, 2019, 02:38:35 pm »

There's nothing but propaganda behind complaints about poor, under-represented rurals. The US government is burdened with a tyranny of empty land over actual human beings, one which Republicans have advanced for a century.

Democracy does not flourish if rural people are given 30 times the voting power of urban people out of some misplaced nostalgia for a pro-slavery compromise.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30507 on: June 02, 2019, 02:42:13 pm »

Democracy does not flourish if rural people are given 30 times the voting power of urban people out of some misplaced nostalgia for a pro-slavery compromise.

Neither does it do so if we keep insisting that people who live in rural areas are "total buffoons" who shouldn't have any say, simply because they inconveniently voted for someone we don't like.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30508 on: June 02, 2019, 03:03:12 pm »

Neither does it do so if we keep insisting that people who live in rural areas are "total buffoons" who shouldn't have any say, simply because they inconveniently voted for someone we don't like.

To be fair, I think Karnewarrior was just bemoaning a general problem with democracy, and one that's been known since antiquity: giving equal power to everyone necessarily means giving the least informed person a say equal to the most informed person. You're the one who made the leap to the buffoons being specifically rural.

There's also probably a middle ground between the rural 20% of America having a Senate majority and them having no say whatsoever. In an ideal democracy, you could arguably expect the Apparently Rural Buffoons Party to have 20 Senate seats, not 53.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30509 on: June 02, 2019, 03:10:10 pm »

The senate has been broken for a long time, I'm no fan of it at all.
Pages: 1 ... 2032 2033 [2034] 2035 2036 ... 3566