Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2016 2017 [2018] 2019 2020 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4202970 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #30255 on: May 16, 2019, 03:47:55 pm »

Donald Trump just finished announcing his new immigration plan.

According to Trump the current random lottery is too discriminatory, so we will be moving to a more fair and equal system that requires immigrants to be financially self-sufficient, speak english fluently, and have a comprehensive knowledge of civics.
And of course any objection to these proposals could only be based on politics, and will require voters to reelect Trump and then elect his supporters into Congress.

Shit. It's a good thing that doesn't apply to the people who were born here. Otherwise we'd have to have a functional education system, etc.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #30256 on: May 16, 2019, 05:55:03 pm »

Bill de Blasio has announced that he's running, and successfully managed to seem vastly less impressive as the Mayor of New York City than Mayor of Southbend.
I've seen mention he's doing it literally just to get out of NYC. Something about being so staggeringly bored of being mayor buggering off for the campaign trail sounded like a good idea.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #30257 on: May 16, 2019, 06:38:00 pm »

Bill de Blasio has announced that he's running, and successfully managed to seem vastly less impressive as the Mayor of New York City than Mayor of Southbend.
I've seen mention he's doing it literally just to get out of NYC. Something about being so staggeringly bored of being mayor buggering off for the campaign trail sounded like a good idea.

Staggeringly bored of leading one of the most populous and important cities in America.

Yeah, because that fills a body with confidence.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #30258 on: May 16, 2019, 06:48:40 pm »

If anything about that fills you with confidence in anything except maybe his unsuitability to be president, I think I would recommend seeking professional psychiatric help :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #30259 on: May 16, 2019, 10:33:21 pm »

Sorry, forgot my /s there.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30260 on: May 17, 2019, 01:11:49 am »

If anything about that fills you with confidence in anything except maybe his unsuitability to be president, I think I would recommend seeking professional psychiatric help :P
Honestly, that sounds like a candidate I can finally connect with on an emotional level. If anyone can empathize with the youth of today, it's a man who decided to run for president just to get out of his home town.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30261 on: May 17, 2019, 06:16:32 am »

Honestly, that sounds like a candidate I can finally connect with on an emotional level. If anyone can empathize with the youth of today, it's a man who decided to run for president just to get out of his home town.

And yet that STILL resonates more for a guy from South Bend, Indiana, rather than New York City. When people leave their hometown its to go to places like New York. Although on a personal note. I'd rather live in South Bend than New York any day. So I can see De Blasio's angle.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30262 on: May 17, 2019, 09:18:17 am »

Reminds me of another candidate who decided to ‘bugger off for the campaign trail’, we all know how well that worked out for him. Course though, Christie was up against term limits, so, there’s different reasoning behind that.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30263 on: May 17, 2019, 11:59:19 am »

Hmmm, there is no way Trump could pass some sort of civics test, nor does he speak proper english consistently, did he just offer up a petard to hoist him upon?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30264 on: May 17, 2019, 12:59:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure he's already a citizen and resident, so no.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30265 on: May 17, 2019, 01:30:52 pm »

So was Obama but that never stopped him, what's good for the Kenyan is good for the big orange sack of turds?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #30266 on: May 17, 2019, 01:52:17 pm »

Reminds me of another candidate who decided to ‘bugger off for the campaign trail’, we all know how well that worked out for him. Course though, Christie was up against term limits, so, there’s different reasoning behind that.
I still think its funny Chris Christie was so deep in his bubble that he thought he could win an election for president.  I guess that's what happens when you surround yourself with cronies that tell you what you want to hear...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30267 on: May 18, 2019, 07:21:00 am »

So was Obama but that never stopped him, what's good for the Kenyan is good for the big orange sack of turds?

Okay, gonna need everyone to push hard on this... Let's start a rumor that Trump was actually born in Kenya.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30268 on: May 18, 2019, 07:25:19 am »

I've previously discussed my conspiracy theory origin story of Trump.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30269 on: May 18, 2019, 07:36:36 am »

Okay, gonna need everyone to push hard on this... Let's start a rumor that Trump was actually born in Kenya.
He wasn't born in Kenya. He was grown in Kenya as an organically farmed pumpkin that got hit by a lightning and bit by a snake.
Pages: 1 ... 2016 2017 [2018] 2019 2020 ... 3566