Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1983 1984 [1985] 1986 1987 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4202496 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #29760 on: April 17, 2019, 04:44:56 am »

and yes, if anyone still supports him at this point, they're a stupid fucker and should accept their role as a comic book villain because that's the best they're going to do.

What's he done that's so bad?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29761 on: April 17, 2019, 05:18:43 am »

Continuous and persistent rollback of civil rights alongside refusal to enforce, reckless deregulation, Betsy fucking DeVos SecEdu hard goddamn stop, constant. Racially charged rhetoric designed to legitimize and propagate violence. That's the short sweet list.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29762 on: April 17, 2019, 08:54:52 am »

Let's not forget the legitimization that being a shitty person is okay if you have enough money/power.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29763 on: April 17, 2019, 09:40:35 am »

Let's not forget the legitimization that being a shitty person is okay if you have enough money/power.

I think this has been true throughout history. Power enables one to not give a shit about what people think of your actions. Maybe it's our expectations that have changed over time.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29764 on: April 17, 2019, 09:46:28 am »

I think this has been true throughout history. Power enables one to not give a shit about what people think of your actions. Maybe it's our expectations that have changed over time.

It's always been one of those elephant in the room things though. Most powerful people at least put on a facade of trying to be a nice person. At least the ones that wanted public attention. If you were rich and powerful and didn't want to be nice, it was much easier to keep your head down and stay out of the news, avoiding public ridicule.

Here though you've got a man who's made a career out of being a public figure and being a complete asshole about it. And while it was a tv personality you could sort of excuse it as "Maybe it's just an act. Maybe it's just for the cameras." But as we've come to find out over the last few years, little, if any, of it was an act.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29765 on: April 17, 2019, 09:58:19 am »

I dunno, to me he's more like a medieval or renaissance ruler. Does what he wants, lives extravagantly, thumbs his nose at convention when it suits his needs (ex. the English King who wanted a divorce but the Church wouldn't approve it, so he created his own religion to support his desire to get a divorce and remarry.)

The difference to me is, in this age, he tweets. We see more of their opinions, behavior, contradictions and appalling bullshit than the average peasant would have 300 or 400 years ago. So that hypocrisy and megalomania is on display, multiple times a day. And even if you don't read it or listen to it and just go about your day, people around you hear it and listen to it, and either get angry or.....aroused? by it. I dunno. I have a hard time describing the alt right as much more than trolls with raging boners when the Scammer In Chief does something that makes them cackle.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29766 on: April 17, 2019, 10:06:51 am »

I dunno, to me he's more like a medieval or renaissance ruler.
Need more pitch, m'lard.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29767 on: April 17, 2019, 11:44:23 am »

I dunno, to me he's more like a medieval or renaissance ruler.
Need more pitch, m'lard.

Your Popularity is falling.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29768 on: April 17, 2019, 12:07:29 pm »

The wolves are on the prowl, sire
Love, scriver~

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29769 on: April 17, 2019, 12:34:19 pm »

and yes, if anyone still supports him at this point, they're a stupid fucker and should accept their role as a comic book villain because that's the best they're going to do.

What's he done that's so bad?
You're right, hell, you could even say there are good people on both sides.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29770 on: April 17, 2019, 01:21:25 pm »

Oh yeah, the whole actual, literal Nazis aren't worse than protesting citizens thing.

2019: When "Nazis are bad" became a controversial political opinion.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29771 on: April 17, 2019, 01:59:50 pm »

Yup, easy to forget when the new normal has become a big fat turdsack who looks up to dictators, treats objects like women (man), thinks there are fine people who happen to be nazis, and can't seem to grasp why running a country isn't like being a ceo of one of the many businesses he ran into the ground despite getting hundweds of millions of dowwars fwom daddy.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #29772 on: April 17, 2019, 02:05:40 pm »

He was taking the piss.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29773 on: April 17, 2019, 02:06:26 pm »

treats objects like women (man)
Don't you ever disrespect Tiffany in front of me again! She's the sweetest, kindest Fleshlight I've ever met!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29774 on: April 17, 2019, 02:08:23 pm »

Oh yeah, the whole actual, literal Nazis aren't worse than protesting citizens thing.

2019: When "Nazis are bad" became a controversial political opinion.
The massively fucked up thing about that particular bit of shitvomit is we still have WW2 vets alive. Some of the fucker's verbal diarrhea splashed onto folks that literally fought against actually-the-fucking-Nazis. Was a hell of a day, that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1983 1984 [1985] 1986 1987 ... 3566