Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1910 1911 [1912] 1913 1914 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4210771 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28665 on: March 04, 2019, 06:24:11 pm »

Romney and Cruz? What are you talking about? Neither of those two are running for President in 2020....

As for who I'd vote for, obviously anybody but Trump. More seriously though, it's way too early to pick one.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28666 on: March 04, 2019, 06:37:27 pm »

Romney and Cruz? What are you talking about? Neither of those two are running for President in 2020....

As for who I'd vote for, obviously anybody but Trump. More seriously though, it's way too early to pick one.

they've both put out public statements denouncing trump, and there's quite literally no reason they'd piss of the populist GOP like that unless they were gonna try for a run.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #28667 on: March 04, 2019, 08:05:06 pm »

Well Romney and Trump have never been good bedfellows, and Cruz during the 2016 election I think implied people shouldn’t vote for Trump during the RNC conference before the election, unless I’m remembering some bizarre unreality in which Republicans made sensible comments.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28668 on: March 04, 2019, 08:11:07 pm »

That doesn't mean that they're going to run against Trump.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #28669 on: March 04, 2019, 08:20:03 pm »

I forgot to mention that was my conclusion, yeah. They have history, probably doesn’t mean anything.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28670 on: March 04, 2019, 09:48:58 pm »

there's quite literally no reason they'd piss of the populist GOP like that unless they were gonna try for a run.

It's possible this is simply political expediency on their part; Romney in particular is motivated by nothing else.

The GOP is right now trying to deal with a very uncomfortable truth: sometime in the next 2,149 days, the leader of the Cult of MAGA will cease to be President. A lot of people are going to be trying to fill that void by being Trump-without-the-vulgar-affect; Romney's betting on his businessman image and Cruz on his crazed Dominionism. The populists are going to be livid anyway just because personality cults don't handle succession well, but there's room in the political calculus for a narcissist with delusions of grandeur (read: Senator) to think they can parlay a record of saying the obvious about our gibbon President into helmsmanship of one of the factions when the GOP finally descends into civil war.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #28671 on: March 05, 2019, 06:39:29 am »

There are so many people on the Democrat ticket right now, and if the GOP is thinking Trump is out - their best strategy is to choose just one person. To put some high-contrast between the two - a vet who has a lot of political experience seems like a solid candidate.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28672 on: March 05, 2019, 07:05:20 am »

So zombie McCain?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28673 on: March 05, 2019, 10:03:21 am »

There are plenty of other zombies alreadysitting in chairs in washington. No need to dig up McCain.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28674 on: March 05, 2019, 11:44:15 am »

It sounds like it'd still be fun. Just on general principle, even with no actual politics ensuing from it.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28675 on: March 05, 2019, 04:35:38 pm »

There are so many people on the Democrat ticket right now, and if the GOP is thinking Trump is out - their best strategy is to choose just one person. To put some high-contrast between the two - a vet who has a lot of political experience seems like a solid candidate.

the GOP isn't monolithic entity, I can tell you that from exhaustive personal experience. If Trump doesn't run again another populist will take up the flag and do the whole detail-light let-people-fill-in-the-gaps thing that Trump used to strong effect.

Someone recently becoming a senator has little to no bearing on whether they'll run or not.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28676 on: March 05, 2019, 04:40:44 pm »

Hillary Clinton has apparently announced that she will not be running for president this election cycle.

Do you guys think this is a campaign promise she can keep?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #28677 on: March 05, 2019, 05:06:54 pm »

Oddly enough, nothing's more likely to improve her favorability across the board.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28678 on: March 05, 2019, 05:07:01 pm »

BUT HER REEEEEEMAIIILSSSSS

Wait, what?

Oh, uhhh, still, her emails man, her emails >:U
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Max™