Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1900 1901 [1902] 1903 1904 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4208897 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28515 on: February 21, 2019, 02:31:18 pm »

I wonder if Trump will do something so debauched in the next months or so that a GOP actually stands up and runs against him.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28516 on: February 21, 2019, 02:37:48 pm »

Jussie Smollett "hate crime" thing looks like it might be a hoax. Police have brought felony charges against him, alleging he filed a false police report:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/chicago-police-jussie-smollett-considered-suspect-his-report-hate-crime-n973036
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 02:43:07 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28517 on: February 21, 2019, 02:43:06 pm »

These staged hate crimes perplex me. Qui bono?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28518 on: February 21, 2019, 02:43:52 pm »

I assume he wanted more fame and sympathy, or something. "These MAGA bastards are trying to lynch me! Watch my show!"
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 02:45:46 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #28519 on: February 21, 2019, 02:46:42 pm »

Jussie Smollett "hate crime" thing looks like it might be a hoax.
At this point it almost certainly is a hoax. Smollett left a lot of damning evidence behind when he set this up.

He was a failing TV star, who wanted to bump his ratings.
Also he's now trying to claim that he was attempting to draw attention to the causes of gay and black strife. But come on, he clearly just wanted his 15 minutes of fame.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28520 on: February 21, 2019, 02:48:12 pm »

"Identity politics"

This is part and parcel with it.  It's why I hate it so much.  You gotta be #AgainstThem! to be relevant, and this guy wanted so much to be relevant.  So much so, that he invented suppression to claim victimhood.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28521 on: February 21, 2019, 02:50:56 pm »

Let's just say that I found (and am on official record in the prior thread as stating) the Clinton-Trump ticket to have been the worst possible ticket, and compared it to Kang & Kodos. (If Kodos were a simpering moron.)  We'll leave it at that. (Staunch #neverhillary, NOT conservative. I had my own reasons.  More accurately, I was #NoSpaceMutants)

Current election lineup looks like it will have a flip/flop of the issue the GOP had last time, but with the DNC instead.  Every party member in the universe coming out of the woodwork, and preaching nearly identical messages, with different levels of emphasis on individual keypoints.

I expect similar problems.

I currently favor Warren or Sanders. I would be happy with either.

I don't favor any of them enough to pick any specific one, it's too early. Also, I doublechecked back at wiki and Trump came in late, in June, so, theres plenty of time for some Trump equivalent (in terms of how he hijacked the whole thing, not in terms of his personality or policy) to come out of the woodwork.

I wonder if Trump will do something so debauched in the next months or so that a GOP actually stands up and runs against him.

Theres already several that have mulled running for months but never actually made a move. He does have one challenger right now, but he wouldn't be considered a strong challenger.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28522 on: February 21, 2019, 03:19:51 pm »

Being famous clearly makes you insane.

Also it completely undercuts whatever actual problems there are when you orchestrate a hoax based on identity politics. As if we don't have enough people right now ready to say that racism died in 2004.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #28523 on: February 21, 2019, 04:04:08 pm »

Let's just say that I found (and am on official record in the prior thread as stating) the Clinton-Trump ticket to have been the worst possible ticket, and compared it to Kang & Kodos. (If Kodos were a simpering moron.)  We'll leave it at that. (Staunch #neverhillary, NOT conservative. I had my own reasons.  More accurately, I was #NoSpaceMutants)

Current election lineup looks like it will have a flip/flop of the issue the GOP had last time, but with the DNC instead.  Every party member in the universe coming out of the woodwork, and preaching nearly identical messages, with different levels of emphasis on individual keypoints.

I don't favor any of them enough to pick any specific one, it's too early. Also, I doublechecked back at wiki and Trump came in late, in June, so, theres plenty of time for some Trump equivalent (in terms of how he hijacked the whole thing, not in terms of his personality or policy) to come out of the woodwork.

Theres already several that have mulled running for months but never actually made a move. He does have one challenger right now, but he wouldn't be considered a strong challenger.

"Not a strong challenger" is putting it mildly. Weld is much too far left on many issues (abortion, environmental regulation) to win the R, and much too far right on others (welfare, guns) to win the D. Which is a shame. Weld vs. any of the current crop of D candidates would be an election I actually feel good about.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28524 on: February 21, 2019, 07:37:16 pm »

"Not a strong challenger" is putting it mildly. Weld is much too far left on many issues (abortion, environmental regulation) to win the R, and much too far right on others (welfare, guns) to win the D. Which is a shame. Weld vs. any of the current crop of D candidates would be an election I actually feel good about.

And on top of that, he's alienated Republicans to an extent that they don't even want him around, and I've heard he's burned some bridges with the Libertarians too. Still, he may prove to be a catalyst by opening the door to other challengers. Theres still plenty of time for a challenger to arise who could plausibly be a major thorn in the side of the Trump campaign. I think the latest possible time to get on the ballots for all 50 states is August or something, maybe September.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #28525 on: February 21, 2019, 07:45:49 pm »

Yeah. Flip-flopping between parties tends to wear out your street cred.

Of course, you never know. If Trump is stupid enough, the primaries just might go to Mr NotTrump, regardless of who it is. Wishful thinking, probably.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28526 on: February 21, 2019, 07:57:17 pm »

Or Ms. NotTrump, rather.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #28527 on: February 21, 2019, 08:03:38 pm »

I can't think of any prominent Republican or Libertarian women that would be an improvement (imagine a Bachman/Palin ticket!) over Trump, but otherwise that is a good point.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28528 on: February 21, 2019, 08:18:14 pm »

I can't see a woman taking the party of misogyny nom regardless, really. Even if one wanted to try the chances of passing the primary might as well be nil.

E: "Lesser" positions might have the option, but POTUS? GOP nomination for presidency? Pull the other one, it's got bells on.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 08:24:24 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28529 on: February 21, 2019, 09:30:33 pm »

Some version of not!Trump could still show up on the Dem side. In a crowded primary, all it takes is for someone to hit the right notes to dominate a significant slice while the rest squabble over the small slices and the whole proccess gets hijacked.

As I mentioned earlier, Trump came in pretty late in June, checked wiki and the first Republican debate was in August in 2015. Although, the first Democratic debate this year is in June, so, while it might be safe for a possible candidate to skip the first debate or two in order to let the crowd thin out a little, June is likely the latest a candidate can join if they want to get the most coverage possible.
Pages: 1 ... 1900 1901 [1902] 1903 1904 ... 3566