Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1875 1876 [1877] 1878 1879 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4210794 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28140 on: February 11, 2019, 01:07:34 pm »

There are some older white women that would switch their vote if Trump got a female VP.  But... I think most American women have made up their mind at this point.  Whichever way.  Mostly not Trump's.

It would be a bad trade I suspect.  Given how much of Trump's base comes from Republicans statistically some of them are going to be religious.  All it would really take is one conservative media figure saying the right combination of words about how Trump has abandoned Christian values and dropping Pence is suddenly a dealbreaker for those religious people.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28141 on: February 11, 2019, 01:11:25 pm »

More and more I'm willing to try a government where every position is decided by random lottery instead of voting.

It's not only the criteria people use when voting, but it's also the process by which people get nominated in the first place.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28142 on: February 11, 2019, 01:45:35 pm »

There are some older white women that would switch their vote if Trump got a female VP.  But... I think most American women have made up their mind at this point.  Whichever way.  Mostly not Trump's.

It would be a bad trade I suspect.  Given how much of Trump's base comes from Republicans statistically some of them are going to be religious.  All it would really take is one conservative media figure saying the right combination of words about how Trump has abandoned Christian values and dropping Pence is suddenly a dealbreaker for those religious people.

Maybe, but I wonder how much Pence actually matters to anyone.  It's too easy to forget he exists at all, for me at least, and Trump dominates the headlines so much I imagine most people do forget about him.  Not too unusual for a VP, I guess.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28143 on: February 11, 2019, 01:47:43 pm »

Yeah. Biden was unusual in that he took a fairly active role in his duties and flexed his VP muscle every once in a while to show solidarity with the president.

Pence, on the other hand, likely wants to distance himself from Trump as much as possible and only work with the man when he has to.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28144 on: February 11, 2019, 01:55:54 pm »

Pence also has the general demeanor of an off-brand tampon, limiting his mainstream appeal.

In other news, Ocasio-Cortez is a super bad guy.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28145 on: February 11, 2019, 02:06:43 pm »

Well I'm certainly more interested in her now than I was before.

Very cut and dry.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28146 on: February 11, 2019, 02:15:34 pm »

Wow, maybe I should go into politics.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28147 on: February 11, 2019, 02:18:14 pm »

Yeah. Biden was unusual in that he took a fairly active role in his duties and flexed his VP muscle every once in a while to show solidarity with the president.

Pence, on the other hand, likely wants to distance himself from Trump as much as possible and only work with the man when he has to.

Pence was replaced by a cardboard cut-out of himself waving a few weeks ago.  Noones been the wiser quite yet.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28148 on: February 11, 2019, 02:24:31 pm »

Pence was replaced by a cardboard cut-out of himself waving a few weeks ago.  Noones been the wiser quite yet.

Yeah everyone sort of wigged out about him and how super dangerous he was and then he's just sort of done nothing. He pipes in when someone asks him something but other than that he's just... inert.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28149 on: February 11, 2019, 02:32:51 pm »

Yeah everyone sort of wigged out about him and how super dangerous he was and then he's just sort of done nothing. He pipes in when someone asks him something but other than that he's just... inert.

He's still a threat per say, largely because he's one of few people in the WH that has much resemblance of competence.  The biggest obstacles are being vice-pres, and his actual influence over trump.  He never seemed all that close to trump, and I doubt the relationship ever got better over the term.

Its possible he's just playing the long game, hoping he can keep some legitimacy when trump resigns/gets kicked out.  Or keeping some sort of political career when the three-ring-circus finally leaves town.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28150 on: February 11, 2019, 03:00:47 pm »

He's still a threat per say, largely because he's one of few people in the WH that has much resemblance of competence.  The biggest obstacles are being vice-pres, and his actual influence over trump.  He never seemed all that close to trump, and I doubt the relationship ever got better over the term.

Its possible he's just playing the long game, hoping he can keep some legitimacy when trump resigns/gets kicked out.  Or keeping some sort of political career when the three-ring-circus finally leaves town.

If i was in his position I would aim to simply survive politically, then retire. Just sort of make no waves.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28151 on: February 11, 2019, 03:06:46 pm »

I think it might be a little late for Mike "Electric" Pence to not make waves.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28152 on: February 11, 2019, 03:08:59 pm »

Survive politically, then replace Trump and usher in an era of religious 'enlightenment' seems more accurate.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28153 on: February 11, 2019, 03:40:14 pm »

Nah, he's not notable enough for President. I doubt he has any actual designs on the Presidency, he seems like he's trying to be as invisible as possible at this point.

I don't think you'd see any widespread support for him, anyway. Even among super-religious conservatives, his main draw is "has religion" and "currently in white house". Nobody cared about him before that, and nobody is going to care about him after. Best he could hope for is another vote-for-him-to-get-back-at-the-Dems sort of thing that got Trump there, and I don't think that will carry someone this time.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28154 on: February 11, 2019, 03:46:58 pm »

Why did he accept being vice pres in the first place?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 1875 1876 [1877] 1878 1879 ... 3566