Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1866 1867 [1868] 1869 1870 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4211278 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28005 on: February 06, 2019, 02:49:47 pm »

In the grimdumb future of best murica, people who have grown up playing fortnite will be politically ostracized for their 'dumb teen phase' when they try to get into public office.
"the shame of that moment has haunted me for decades."

"Forgiveness in instances like these is a complicated process, one that necessarily cannot and should not be decided by anyone but those directly affected by the transgressor, should forgiveness be possible or appropriate at all"

*Flosses apologetically

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28006 on: February 06, 2019, 02:53:15 pm »

*Flosses apologetically

I fukkin died lol
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28007 on: February 06, 2019, 03:36:36 pm »

2050 is only 31 years from now, so that must be a pretty young president.

Old democrat plays Fortnite to appeal to young voters
I could imagine Dubya playing with glee, never mind that it couldn't (currently) be him in the hypothetical.

And Sarah Palin, but for different reasons.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28008 on: February 06, 2019, 03:41:47 pm »

"Make Floating Island¹ Great Again"

¹ Had to look up something to put there. I'm definitely not Down Wid Da Kids.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #28009 on: February 06, 2019, 03:56:53 pm »

We already had that many-named Congresswoman dropping into a Twitch chat.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28010 on: February 06, 2019, 04:02:40 pm »

Too bad she didn't tell the streamer how to beat Beaver Bother (I assume, didn't watch the whole stream).

Not going to lie, being able to beat Beaver Bother would make me more likely to vote for a candidate.  It shows substantial determination or luck, and both are good criteria.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #28011 on: February 06, 2019, 04:04:41 pm »

In the grimdumb future of best murica, people who have grown up playing fortnite will be politically ostracized for their 'dumb teen phase' when they try to get into public office.
The real question is what happens when someone runs for office and and its revealed that they wrote weird multi-fetish erotic fanfiction when they were younger.  You know its not a question of if, but rather of when.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28012 on: February 06, 2019, 04:14:03 pm »

The real question is what happens when someone runs for office and and its revealed that they wrote weird multi-fetish erotic fanfiction when they were younger.  You know its not a question of if, but rather of when.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2010/nov/28/alastair-campbell-maya-bad-sex
https://junkee.com/a-liberal-mp-has-written-a-weirdly-sexual-novel-about-indonesia-and-australia-going-to-war/75396
https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/former-mp-dennis-jensen-fails-in-legal-bid-to-find-out-who-leaked-erotic-novel-to-journalist-20181124-p50i2u.html
(...and many more known examples, found when trying to search for more than the one-paragraph mention of the first's famous first exploits.)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28013 on: February 06, 2019, 04:30:11 pm »

2050 is only 31 years from now, so that must be a pretty young president.

Old democrat plays Fortnite to appeal to young voters
Pff, not in 31 years. More like 5. I wouldn't be surprised if we get one of the presidential candidates mentioning Fortnite during the 2020 election, even.

If someone does the fortnite default dance at a presidential debate...
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28014 on: February 06, 2019, 04:42:08 pm »

We were so close to the battle royale fad passing. And then Fortnite had to happen. *sigh*
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28015 on: February 06, 2019, 04:50:39 pm »

We were so close to the battle royale fad passing. And then Fortnite had to happen. *sigh*
Just another zombie survival defense game! Of all the things!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #28017 on: February 06, 2019, 06:01:02 pm »

We still haven't gotten a president who knows how to use the internet above "old man rants in all caps" levels.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28018 on: February 07, 2019, 12:50:00 am »

How many of you feel that the mobile web is a strange alien place? I do, and am currently old enough to be president probably.

People as old as my parents felt the desktop web was new and strange and possibly scary, I always felt the laptop side was just a halfassed imitation of my full monitors/hardware, but the mobile shit is just weird.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28019 on: February 07, 2019, 12:57:54 am »

The mobile ecosystem is a motley assortment of corporations all hawking walled gardens that are mutually exclusive to each other (for the most part), and which all try to turn the user into a commodity to be bought and sold to advertisers or marketers-- Plastered over the top of a "user experience" program tailored to give the end user just enough of what they are actually trying to get done that they are placated, and accept the above bullshit.

That is to say, it is a vehicle by which to sell the afore mentioned customer exploitation as a service.

This is in stark contrast to the open internet, which was open and free to access (no walled gardens, all ISPs took you to the same internet) from its inception. (but which has been getting more and more locked in as time has passed.)

I personally despise that shit, which is why I avoid the "USE OUR AMAZING APP!" and "INTEGRATE WITH FACEBOOK!" and "OUR NEW EXCLUSIVE STREAMING SERVICE!" that everyone and their fucking dog wants to push all the damn time.   Sadly, My own purchasing/user habits are not sufficient to prevent the avalanche tide of the market's movements in this direction; The mass-complacency of the public at large concerning these antics from corporations and ISPs is allowing those big players to dictate the play-field, and it is quickly becoming a landscape where an informed user just becomes one that is informed about how they *WILL* be screwed, rather than one where said user can avoid getting screwed, simply from lack of such options.

Pages: 1 ... 1866 1867 [1868] 1869 1870 ... 3566