Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1865 1866 [1867] 1868 1869 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4211485 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #27990 on: February 06, 2019, 08:51:55 am »

3) Completely out of the blue telling people that while he wasnt in the photo he did once wear blackface while cosplaying as Michael Jackson, who he idolises.
Idolizes, but can't remember the name of apparently.

In unrelated news, ambigious BBC headline of the day award goes to....

Kinkeh.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27991 on: February 06, 2019, 11:54:22 am »

Amusingly, its the white people in the executive suites that are killing more people with drugs right now...  But sure. The scary brown people, Gotta stop those first. Because, scary brown-ness and .. things... Yeah.

I'm not sure I'd call anything involving this much suffering amusing, but more importantly, the problem is as ever more complicated than people you don't like being stupid and/or evil -- not that this sort of reasoning is unique to you, only that it's omnipresent vis-a-vis the opioid crisis, with the identity of the stupid and/or evil people fitting neatly into whatever existing worldview everyone already happens to have.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #27992 on: February 06, 2019, 12:25:51 pm »

3) Completely out of the blue telling people that while he wasnt in the photo he did once wear blackface while cosplaying as Michael Jackson, who he idolises.
Idolizes, but can't remember the name of apparently.

I suppose you've never had a momentary lapse of memory regarding events that happened 30 years ago?

And it's hardly 'completely out of the blue' confessing to wearing blackface after being accused of wearing blackface. It's called full transparency, which is important for politicians who criticize the current administration for their utter lack of the same.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27993 on: February 06, 2019, 12:53:37 pm »

I suppose you've never had a momentary lapse of memory regarding events that happened 30 years ago?

Not concerning events of which the clarity of my recollection is central to my defense, no.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27994 on: February 06, 2019, 12:55:56 pm »

All that's coming out of the Northam thing, for me, is that he's a PR idiot but has shown personal growth since the 80's. I don't blame him for keeping it under wraps until it got out but at least he's trying to own it, apologize for it, and hopes to move on from it.

Whether or not he is successful remains to be seen and since I'm in Idaho I don't care all too much. But it seems like someone specifically went out to dig up dirt on him considering what recently passed over there.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27995 on: February 06, 2019, 01:04:34 pm »

Yeah, definitely sounds like digging. I don't really care much one way or the other, but I certainly think that people are getting just a wee bit too ruffled about the potential implications of some yearbook photo.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27996 on: February 06, 2019, 01:24:26 pm »

CAN WE STOP NOW PLEASE, VA THANK YOU.

Quote from: virginia attorney general admits he wore blackface
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/virginia-attorney-general-admits-he-wore-blackface-n968391

This just in, teenagers are horrid, insensitive, stupidly unaware little shits. More at 11.

Save this post because in 2050 the President is going to have a huge scandal because he called someone a gay dicktitty in Fortnite when he was 15. I called it first.

EDIT; This news post is like yeah THERE IS SOME BLACKFACE HAPPENING the lt. governor sexual BLACKFACE assault BUT LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THIS BLACKFACE.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 01:30:44 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27997 on: February 06, 2019, 01:25:58 pm »

My god it's almost as if adults were edgy teens at one point in their life and then grew out of it!

E: And that's exactly what the VA AG is saying too. That he was a stupid teenager and he grew up. This is how the Governor should have done it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 01:30:43 pm by Gentlefish »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27998 on: February 06, 2019, 01:32:54 pm »

2050 is only 31 years from now, so that must be a pretty young president.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27999 on: February 06, 2019, 01:43:29 pm »

E: And that's exactly what the VA AG is saying too. That he was a stupid teenager and he grew up.
But not before saying that Northam should definitely step down and that his behavior was "indefensible"!

So, y'know... Only Herring's (Herring? Really?) allowed to have been a stupid teenager.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28000 on: February 06, 2019, 01:54:50 pm »

Nah, Herring said they'd be willing to step down if asked to as well. Quite a power move as it gets ahead of the calls of stepping down and it doesn't make him look like a hypocrite.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #28001 on: February 06, 2019, 02:07:24 pm »

I hope this starts, like, a snowball of a bunch of politicians claiming they did blackface at some point but they’re sorry now.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28002 on: February 06, 2019, 02:09:56 pm »

I mean, politician childhood is only going to become more and more painfully transparent thank to teh interwebs.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28003 on: February 06, 2019, 02:13:27 pm »

2050 is only 31 years from now, so that must be a pretty young president.

Old democrat plays Fortnite to appeal to young voters
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28004 on: February 06, 2019, 02:45:00 pm »

In the grimdumb future of best murica, people who have grown up playing fortnite will be politically ostracized for their 'dumb teen phase' when they try to get into public office.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 1865 1866 [1867] 1868 1869 ... 3566