Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1787 1788 [1789] 1790 1791 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4211508 times)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #26820 on: December 29, 2018, 08:43:44 pm »

And Trump eliminated next year's federal pay raise. Because there's no evil too petty.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26821 on: December 29, 2018, 08:48:41 pm »

And Trump eliminated next year's federal pay raise. Because there's no evil too petty.
Merry Christmas! You have no work and you are not getting that pay raise you were promised!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26822 on: December 29, 2018, 08:49:48 pm »

Merry Christmas! You have no work and you are not getting that pay raise you were promised!
Bonus points: it was basically just to adjust for inflation.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26823 on: December 29, 2018, 08:58:00 pm »

It's a pity that these menial employees made the error of renting in the first place, but I've read that it's a common mistake for poors to make. Maybe if they showed some enterprise and initiative instead of complaining and expecting a handout, they could be better prepared for these regrettable but expected ups and downs.

For instance, maybe they could beg to produce pastries for their landlords as payment. Let them entreat cake?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26824 on: December 29, 2018, 08:59:20 pm »

It's a pity that these menial employees made the error of renting in the first place, but I've read that it's a common mistake for poors to make. Maybe if they showed some enterprise and initiative instead of complaining and expecting a handout, they could be better prepared for these regrettable but expected ups and downs.

For instance, maybe they could beg to produce pastries for their landlords as payment. Let them entreat cake?
Your username only intensifies the sarcasm.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26825 on: December 29, 2018, 09:15:30 pm »

Bonus points: it was basically just to adjust for inflation.

Ah yes the inflation that outpaced wages for the last three decades.  That inflation.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #26826 on: December 29, 2018, 09:26:46 pm »

Is your new avatar was Michael Cohen?

He did look awful during his trial.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26827 on: December 29, 2018, 09:36:28 pm »

While I accept that this is not what you don’t mean to say racism is acceptable in some places, I don’t think racism in any form or arena is acceptable. While it might be worse from an authority of some description, racism needs to be challenged in all its guises.
Perhaps, but what about uh... generationism? Old white people can't be trusted with power, and we have proof right here in our very own government! So yeah, sure, some of them might be nice enough, but I couldn't honestly advise anyone to let an old white guy have any say or control over anything in their life. In fact I would suggest the complete opposite, actively limiting the influence they have over you and others will end up better in the long run for everyone, including them!

I'm not saying we should like, harm them or anything, just maybe treat their ideas as one would any other infectious and potentionally harmful disease: quarantine and treatment. Sounds like a fine olds solution to me... wait... shit!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26828 on: December 29, 2018, 09:48:03 pm »

Is your new avatar was Michael Cohen?

He did look awful during his trial.

Yeah, his mugpainting made me laugh the first time I saw it on TV
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #26829 on: December 29, 2018, 09:59:48 pm »

Old white people can't be trusted with power, and we have proof right here in our very own government! So yeah, sure, some of them might be nice enough, but I couldn't honestly advise anyone to let an old white guy have any say or control over anything in their life. In fact I would suggest the complete opposite, actively limiting the influence they have over you and others will end up better in the long run for everyone, including them!

Because the leaders of other ethnicities in other governments are really nailing it right now.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26830 on: December 29, 2018, 10:04:51 pm »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/29/government-furloughed-workers-ask-landlords-about-doing-chores-cover-rent/

The Office of Personnel Management, who oversee federal employees, put out a statement yesterday in which they advised unpaid workers to barter with their landlords and exchange painting or carpentry work for their rent. If they had any trouble with that plan, they were advised to consult their personal attorneys for legal advice.

After roughly 24 hours of critics tearing into them, the OPM deleted their statement and put out another saying that the first statement was a mistake.

O.o That is so full of facedesk...... and out-of-touchness... barter, what? Is this Venezuela? Also, is that even legal in the first place? I suppose there is a grey area where there are landlords/ladies who want to help and are good people, but this seems like a legal minefield to me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26831 on: December 30, 2018, 12:39:40 am »

They aren't even attempting to talk to each other and resolve it this time around. There was literally nobody at the Capitol trying to resolve it since nobody wants to talk to each other and neither wants to budge. This is where we've gotten to.....

When is the next debt ceiling limit collision? Can't help but wonder if Trump will hold it hostage as well. That one is probably more likely to get cooperation with the Republicans on a veto proof vote though since defaulting is something that nobody (except maybe Trump, who probably thinks bankruptcy/defaulting is a good thing and has his own ideas) wants to go default.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26832 on: December 30, 2018, 05:07:16 am »

Old white people can't be trusted with power, and we have proof right here in our very own government! So yeah, sure, some of them might be nice enough, but I couldn't honestly advise anyone to let an old white guy have any say or control over anything in their life. In fact I would suggest the complete opposite, actively limiting the influence they have over you and others will end up better in the long run for everyone, including them!

Because the leaders of other ethnicities in other governments are really nailing it right now.
Hey I'm not saying everyone else is perfect or anything, but gods damn it am I sick of the old white fuckers "running" shit here and they way they seem dead set on burning everything up before they keel over because it's apparently peachy keen to fuck over everyone who isn't a boomer.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26833 on: December 30, 2018, 05:13:21 am »

Edit: Something more interesting, do we actually have many Chinese baywatchers? I don't think bay12 is blocked in China. I think I only know of a few people here (at least in the lower boards) that aren't from the Americas or Europe.

Can't think of any of the top of my head, but presumably? I can think of a fair few who aren't from America or Europe for starers.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26834 on: December 30, 2018, 05:24:17 am »

I don't remember any Chinamen, but we did have several Belarusians.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister
Pages: 1 ... 1787 1788 [1789] 1790 1791 ... 3566