Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1780 1781 [1782] 1783 1784 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4212151 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #26715 on: December 24, 2018, 07:35:01 pm »

It would be nice to see the Repubs give in and go against Trump, just so everyone can see Trump lose support for his stupid plans in front of the entirety of the US government with no way to spin it.

Like before now there's been some way, however thin, to hide his failures behind. Would be nice for everyone to just outright tell him no.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26716 on: December 24, 2018, 07:42:40 pm »

I was talking with my (Norwegian) friend and brought up the current government shutdown.

"The government what?"

I then tried to explain (with my limited knowledge) what a gov't shutdown was.

"That sounds like blackmail", was his response... As though that was somehow a strange thing in politics.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #26717 on: December 24, 2018, 07:43:06 pm »

Dems aren’t going to cave because they get the House in a week and a bit, unless the Republicans give up something massive, like... I don’t even know.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26718 on: December 24, 2018, 07:48:24 pm »

Dems aren’t going to cave because they get the House in a week and a bit, unless the Republicans give up something massive, like... I don’t even know.

Impeachment is massive. It's an outside chance, but at some point removing the only person who's keeping the government shut down becomes the path of least resistance.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26719 on: December 24, 2018, 07:50:24 pm »

Never doubt the ability of the Dems to lose. Someone will have a quiet conversation with Pelosi and she'll offer the wall in exchange for invading Iran.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26720 on: December 24, 2018, 07:51:27 pm »

He hasn’t really done anything impeachment-worthy yet. If he keeps his heels dug in demanding this stupid wall, maybe they’ll do something, but it’d have to been a month-long thing or something.

For serious though, as a vanity project it’s kind of stupid in 2018. He’d be better making a mound of his penis next replacing the Washington monument.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #26721 on: December 24, 2018, 07:51:55 pm »

It would be nice to see the Repubs give in and go against Trump, just so everyone can see Trump lose support for his stupid plans in front of the entirety of the US government with no way to spin it.
Like before now there's been some way, however thin, to hide his failures behind. Would be nice for everyone to just outright tell him no.

Senate unanimously approves spending legislation; Trump refuses to sign.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26722 on: December 24, 2018, 08:57:49 pm »

... that article was from four days ago, fol. Wasn't quite outright enough, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26723 on: December 24, 2018, 09:55:18 pm »

Senate unanimously approves spending legislation; Trump refuses to sign.

Seems more like they thought he wasn’t being serious since he’d punted it for the last two or three funding fights and tried to pass it anyway.

He hasn’t really done anything impeachment-worthy yet. If he keeps his heels dug in demanding this stupid wall, maybe they’ll do something, but it’d have to been a month-long thing or something.

For serious though, as a vanity project it’s kind of stupid in 2018. He’d be better making a mound of his penis next replacing the Washington monument.

Hasn’t done anything impeachment worthy? He has done whole bunches of things that are impeachment worthy. Have you not been paying attention? Besides, Trump is going to cave long before it gets to that point as far as the shutdown goes.

As an aside though, the Democrats are going to have to be narrow and use a somewhat high bar because they’ll run the risk of being accused of picking something just to impeach him. Unfortunately, the Republicans set a low bar of perjury, so, it’s a target rich environment that they have to make look like it’s not target rich.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26724 on: December 24, 2018, 11:30:59 pm »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #26725 on: December 25, 2018, 12:16:03 am »

I mean, there's the perjury and sexual assault. I figure that should have been enough, but here we are.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26726 on: December 25, 2018, 12:20:59 am »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26727 on: December 25, 2018, 03:05:49 am »

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26728 on: December 25, 2018, 01:24:01 pm »

I'm just glad he didn't say Santa was murdered by immigrants and all the toys stolen because the steel slats(Wall) didn't go up in time to save Christmas.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #26729 on: December 25, 2018, 01:44:10 pm »

So, of all the things he has done you choose to get outraged by this?

I'll be honest here: I was never raised in the belief of magical beings bearing gifts. My christmas gifts were openly brought by my parents*. So I don't know what age are children usually told. I do tend to think that, while it's certainly not Donald fucking Trump's business to decide when children are told, considering all the shit he has done this rates as "low importance close to irrelevant". Presumably he made that child far less unhappy than the ones he locked in cages.
I'll grant you that we are talking about a guy who seems to follow a Disney villain handbook. Locks children in cages, praises nazis, tells other child that Santa isn't real.. it's almost as if he's dedicated to being evil and obnoxious for it's own sake TBH**.

*And I grew up to be a reasonably productive member of society, if I may say.
**how are the reelection polls looking?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 01:48:05 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 1780 1781 [1782] 1783 1784 ... 3566