Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1779 1780 [1781] 1782 1783 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4212368 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #26700 on: December 24, 2018, 09:19:24 am »

id support erecting a giant gold plated penis statue at the border tbqh

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26701 on: December 24, 2018, 09:24:59 am »

It'd be a better use of taxpayer funds, sure.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26702 on: December 24, 2018, 11:57:26 am »

I agree that the Democrats are very unlikely to cave first, but it still comes down to who caves first regardless, whether it's the Republicans saying 'ENOUGH OF THIS!', Trump caving like a foo, or the Democrats collapsing.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 12:08:20 pm by smjjames »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26703 on: December 24, 2018, 01:31:44 pm »

As someone with the potential to lose something from this shutdown, I hope it keeps going as long as possible. I'm tired of this shutdown BS as a political tactic and I hope it keeps going long enough for the backlash to crush hope of it's use in the future.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26704 on: December 24, 2018, 05:03:00 pm »

The economy is currently in freefall so I also want this to just keep going and then in an ideal world smash headlong into the Earthstrike.

I cannot confirm or deny that I have been listening to Sleep Now In The Fire on infinite loop for the past twelve hours.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26705 on: December 24, 2018, 05:19:05 pm »

dont worry we'll get there
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #26706 on: December 24, 2018, 05:58:44 pm »

Except for the 800k public workers that aren’t being paid.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26707 on: December 24, 2018, 06:12:12 pm »

Can we go ahead and erase recession from the dictionary? What happened in 2008 until...now...was clearly a depression.

We should just use another worse word for the real spicy collapse. Annihilation? I always liked that one. Newscasters hate it because nobody knows how to spell it for the ticker, but fuck it the ticker jocks are probably unpaid interns anyway.
No Gods, No Masters.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26708 on: December 24, 2018, 06:31:10 pm »

Only emboldens my suspicions that "recession" was used for propaganda purposes. After all, how can you be so upset at what was just a recession?

The Great Annihilation is gonna be something else since there was no real recovery from 08. Combo-chained collapse.
No Gods, No Masters.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26709 on: December 24, 2018, 06:33:37 pm »

The Great Annihilation is gonna be something else since there was no real recovery from 08. Combo-chained collapse.

It's going to be the same myopic Randians talking up how they were smart enough to capitalize on the catastrophe and everyone who lost their shirt just couldn't keep up, because that's the rhetoric of the capitalists now.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26710 on: December 24, 2018, 06:37:22 pm »

then let them eat bitcoin
No Gods, No Masters.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26711 on: December 24, 2018, 06:42:07 pm »

then let them eat bitcoin
Bitcoin's gone bust (pretty much), unfortunately. Crypto is no more.
This will be good for bitcoin.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26712 on: December 24, 2018, 06:49:27 pm »

So we can stop being Roman Empire 2: New World Boogaloo
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26713 on: December 24, 2018, 06:56:18 pm »

But enough of that, this is AmeriPol. Why exactly do you want America to have a catastrophic depression?
Because as long as there is stability, there is not potential for change. The collapse is inevitable, but the longer it remains carefully managed the longer the public will accept or even support the way things are.

Fortunately, I know that there is no realistic possibility of a managed collapse, not past a certain point of strain. The mechanics of capitalism make it impossible, and once the frenzy gets rolling it will be harder and harder to stop. That's where I think we are right now actually, frozen in mid-collapse with powerful forces trying to turn back time but only losing ground more gradually.
I believe MSH has gone off the deep end of "burn it all" regarding the US.
We change or we die. So far we've chosen "die" every time since the danger became known. Suffice it to say that to seek patience and gradualism now is about the same level of criminal as actively supporting our destruction.

Twelve years left. Tick tock.
No Gods, No Masters.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #26714 on: December 24, 2018, 07:18:51 pm »

I agree that the Democrats are very unlikely to cave first, but it still comes down to who caves first regardless, whether it's the Republicans saying 'ENOUGH OF THIS!', Trump caving like a foo, or the Democrats collapsing.

The Republicans are well past that point already. They realize that whatever makes Trump look bad will also reflect badly on them, and Trump looks very bad right now. Republicans will sign anything to end this, but they are stuck in the middle between a Trump who needs a wall, and Democrats who who don't want a wall and have no incentive to compromise.
Pages: 1 ... 1779 1780 [1781] 1782 1783 ... 3566