Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1762 1763 [1764] 1765 1766 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4219748 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #26445 on: December 10, 2018, 07:05:24 pm »

So Trump's Chief of Staff, John Kelly, will be out by the end of the year. Trump's main candidate for the position, Nick Ayers (an Aide to Pence), has now said no. So it's uncertain what's next for Trump's cabinet.

In the bottom right... is that Maria Butina giving Bernie Sanders a blowjob while Rick Santorum watches?
Either that or keeping pressure on a gut wound.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26446 on: December 10, 2018, 07:30:05 pm »

So Trump's Chief of Staff, John Kelly, will be out by the end of the year. Trump's main candidate for the position, Nick Ayers (an Aide to Pence), has now said no. So it's uncertain what's next for Trump's cabinet.

In the bottom right... is that Maria Butina giving Bernie Sanders a blowjob while Rick Santorum watches?

I'm going to go with the blowjob thing.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #26447 on: December 10, 2018, 07:45:04 pm »

We all know it's going to be Jared.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26448 on: December 10, 2018, 07:55:48 pm »

From the subway ads?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #26449 on: December 10, 2018, 09:17:54 pm »

Oddly enough, the jewelry company.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26450 on: December 10, 2018, 09:33:56 pm »

They're actually the same person.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26451 on: December 10, 2018, 09:51:13 pm »

Honestly if a pedophile and Subway advocate became Trump's new Chief of Staff, I wouldn't even be phased.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26452 on: December 10, 2018, 11:14:40 pm »

It might somehow manage to be an upgrade, I'unno. Kelly was pretty much a piece of human shit.

Is intentionally handing over children to traffickers better or worse than intentionally working to fuck immigration policy hard enough kids just happen to end up with them? Do we try to weigh a relative preference here or just wish both options were varyingly metaphorically buried in a hole somewhere?

Why not both?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26453 on: December 10, 2018, 11:46:37 pm »

That data doesn’t control for rates of self-reporting over the two sexes, though. Perhaps more women self-report because it’s more socially acceptable than men doing it?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26454 on: December 11, 2018, 12:55:57 am »

That data doesn’t control for rates of self-reporting over the two sexes, though. Perhaps more women self-report because it’s more socially acceptable than men doing it?

The same thing could be said of male victimization reports, vs female victimization reports. Men are said to be more reluctant to report being a victim due to the social stigma attached. However, for the theory that women are more inclined to admit to sexually predatory activity: I think you'd have a hard-sell to claim that it's more "socially acceptable" for women to admit they sexually assault people. It goes against a lot of what we already know about how women under-report their number of sexual partners compared to what men report. We can actually prove this ... Consider an analogy: there's a ball with 5 men and 5 women. Each man claims to have danced with 3 women, each woman claims to have danced with 1 man. Try and draw a graph showing who danced with whom, and you get a contradiction. So, men highly exaggerate number of partners and/or women downplay number of partners. Saying that there's an opposite effect when it comes to admitting sexual assault seems a little contradictory.

However, since these crimes don't occur in a vacuum we can cross-check the claims of victims to estimate the gender-proportions of perpetrators.

Going only off the CDC 2010 report: 1.267 million men said they were forced to have sex during the last 12 months in 2010, and 1.27 million women said the same thing. So that can just be called parity for a start. Next, about 95% of the women say a man did it, and about 80% of the men say a woman did it. Women therefore did 5% of female abuse and 80% of male abuse, and men did 95% of female abuse, and 20% of male abuse.

Putting those numbers together, the proportion of perpetrators should be 85-female to 115-male. 85/200 = 42.5% female, which is basically identical to the 43.9% from the large-scale survey. And that's only going off the claims of victims.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 01:43:42 am by Reelya »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26455 on: December 11, 2018, 02:17:00 am »

I’m saying that certain sexually predatory activities are more socially acceptable because they are not thought of as sexually predatory when done by women, particularly because of the common misconception which you cite that only men can be sexual predators.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26456 on: December 11, 2018, 03:08:58 am »

Which is exactly why the stereotype needs to go, and #MeToo needs to not be a vagina-only club.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26457 on: December 11, 2018, 03:25:54 am »

Why not both?
Apply pressure to gut, apply negative pressure to slightly below gut... Guys, I think this could work!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26458 on: December 11, 2018, 10:05:43 am »

Wouldn't an erection cause blood to flow from the rest of the body to the penis? Wouldn't that mean that either you bleed out or not get an erection?
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26459 on: December 11, 2018, 10:10:06 am »

Wouldn't an erection cause blood to flow from the rest of the body to the penis? Wouldn't that mean that either you bleed out or not get an erection?
That's the whole point, you suck the blood back in from the wound it's gushing out of!
Pages: 1 ... 1762 1763 [1764] 1765 1766 ... 3566