Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1739 1740 [1741] 1742 1743 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4224274 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #26100 on: November 24, 2018, 05:17:30 pm »

This. Even if they outnumbered, say, a platoon of Marines sent in to confiscate their guns, it would be a very short, very one-sided fight. The Marines are trained in group fighting tactics while the nutsos are islands in a storm. They'd be individually overwhelmed very swiftly. They're mostly too paranoid to work together.
By the time you're treating a civil issue as a military one you've failed, game is over.

Seriously this.
The "why don't we just kill them" mentality never works, for reasons you have explained. You don't turn the weapons of a country against the people they are made to protect, because when you breach the social contract this critically, all bet are off and your government loses its legitimacy.

Just to add to your exemple, the whole bolchevik insurrection can be traced down to a single event, which are the troops of Nicholas II opening fire on a religious protesting crowd. A very limited percentage of the russian people had red sympathies, but having imperial troops slaughtering people on the street is a picture everyone understands very, very clearly

The people you want to kill have families, sympathizers, people who understand their cause. You want to disarm them and to judge them according to the rule of law for the crime they have commited, and not to treat them as an enemy faction.

People by in large understand the difference between a criminal and an enemy. Those are two different categories and I do pity the politicians who will come to forget the distinction

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #26101 on: November 24, 2018, 06:39:09 pm »

Hillary Clinton to run for president in 2020

Oh, gods fucking damnit! Everybody get ready for another 4 years of President Trump.  >:( >:( >:(

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26102 on: November 24, 2018, 06:41:58 pm »

Not until she survives the primaries.  I'm not convinced she's our new William Jennings Bryan yet.
For one thing, William Jennings Bryan was charismatic.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #26103 on: November 24, 2018, 06:46:51 pm »

god why

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26104 on: November 24, 2018, 06:50:51 pm »

"third time's the charm!"
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26105 on: November 24, 2018, 06:54:41 pm »

I can't wait to hear Hillary get up on a podium and blame her 2020 loss on the Lunar Cycles or some shit.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #26106 on: November 24, 2018, 06:54:51 pm »

Oh, gods fucking damnit! Everybody get ready for another 4 years of President Trump.  >:( >:( >:(

Highlights

Another longtime Clinton aide, Philippe Reines, told POLITICO last month that he thought it was odd Clinton’s name wasn’t “in the mix” of potential 2020 contenders, though he said more recently that he couldn’t think of a Democrat who would be able to successfully challenge President Donald Trump.

Clinton’s surprise loss to President Donald Trump in 2016 sent shockwaves through Democratic Party, but Penn and Stein write that two years of hand-wringing and reflection — as well as some denial on Clinton’s part — will strengthen Clinton and put her in the best position to take Trump on again.

Bold emphasis mine.

This following an interview I read last week where Hillary basically said that the world's sliding towards authoritarianism because people are stupid, and that we need to adopt the right's stances on immigration (even while stating that they're harmful and rooted in ignorance) in order to compete in elections.

Your champion of leftist centrism, people.  Insulting everyone, and insisting no one is as good as politics at her, while proposing that we abandon political goals in order to win at politics.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 06:57:36 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #26107 on: November 24, 2018, 06:58:49 pm »

That article was sourced from an op-ed written by a former adviser who hasn't worked with Clinton since 2008, not anybody currently connected with the Clintons. Clinton has not announced an intention to run in 2020.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26108 on: November 24, 2018, 06:59:21 pm »

Quote from: {THE FUTURE} DNC 2020
Saturn was out of alignment and as a result we could not contact Moragh, The Elder God of Blood and a registered Republican, for counter-sacrifice on the eve of Voting Day. As a result we lost the Presidential Election and one-third of the world's livestock has been taken by the Crimson One in penance. Hillary deserved this win.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #26109 on: November 24, 2018, 07:30:16 pm »

Saturn was out of alignment and as a result we could not contact Moragh, The Elder God of Blood and a registered Republican, for counter-sacrifice on the eve of Voting Day. As a result we lost the Presidential Election and one-third of the world's livestock has been taken by the Crimson One in penance. Hillary deserved this win.

excuse me >:( do you know what forum you are posting on or what
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26110 on: November 24, 2018, 07:33:47 pm »

Was there no one else?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #26111 on: November 24, 2018, 07:41:27 pm »

Alright so I compiled a list of lessons dems have learned from their previous failures :
Spoiler: Here it is (click to show/hide)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #26112 on: November 24, 2018, 08:16:08 pm »

Pretty sure that it's clearly a low-effort trolling move.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26113 on: November 24, 2018, 08:21:48 pm »

excuse me >:( do you know what forum you are posting on or what
Well, every time we try to talk to Armok he just giggles maniacally about "villain plots" or "mythgen" or some nonsense like that.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26114 on: November 24, 2018, 10:03:41 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 1739 1740 [1741] 1742 1743 ... 3566