Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1685 1686 [1687] 1688 1689 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226121 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #25290 on: November 07, 2018, 02:21:33 pm »

There's also this charming individual.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25291 on: November 07, 2018, 02:22:25 pm »

That's the thing, Republicans went tribal. Democrats just didn't. What kind of messaging could the Democrats have that would attract ultra-wealthy and the very poor, but not high-school-graduate middle-wealth? How could they attract most religions plus atheists, but not evangelicals? Why would blue-collar union workers work with ecologists and green-collars?

not high-school-graduate
It's right there.

You just said it.

Say it two more times and Beetlejuice will show up and offer you a student loan.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25292 on: November 07, 2018, 02:31:18 pm »

There's also this charming individual.
Checking, she lost her primary and her opponent in the primary won the state senate seat.
That's good to hear.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25293 on: November 07, 2018, 02:48:23 pm »

Now we brace for the post-midterm shakeup. Jeff Sessions will likely be out. Rod Rosenstein could also be out. James Mattis could be out.
I actually think there's a chance Sarah Huckabee Sanders could be out, not because Trump wants her gone but because she's tired of feeling on the inside like Kellyanne Conway looks on the outside.

The worrisome part is that if he waits until after the new Senate is seated, he can nominate whoever the fuck he wants and get them confirmed.
Attorney General Joe Arpaio? Sure.
Defense Secretary Chuck Norris? Why not?
DHS Secretary Larry the Cable Guy? GIT 'R DUN!

It begins, AG Jeff Sessions has resigned.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25294 on: November 07, 2018, 02:53:26 pm »

Meanwhile in the lovely state of GA, Kemp has officially won with about 68k votes over Abrams, not surprising when you consider his beefy grassroots campaign he's been running for the past year.  Abrams is saying we shouldn't call it yet because there's about 80k mail in ballots that haven't been counted yet (then why has the race been called...).

Before the election I was reasonably sure Kemp was going to win, and honestly it's very unlikely these mail in ballots are gonna change much.

edit: y'know call me what you like but maybe democrats would win more elections if they weren't idiots. Did you know it took until fucking last tuesday for someone to realize Kemp being Chief Election Officer and a candidate might possibly be a conflict of interest? This lawsuit should have been submitted a fucking month ago, this is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 03:02:14 pm by ggamer »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25295 on: November 07, 2018, 03:17:21 pm »

Republicans: We elected a dead pimp.
He was found, dead, by Ron Jeremy!

I admit, in the absence of any other information, I'd probably vote for so many people if they were found dead by Ron Jeremy. Though I might start wondering about why Ron Jeremy is 'finding dead' loads of people, after the first few dozen of them. Maybe enough to not prefer to vote for Ron himself, if each of them had been running against him, once it reaches three figures. Or four. Five at a stretch.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 03:21:06 pm by Starver »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25296 on: November 07, 2018, 03:29:33 pm »

One of which ran on an anti-Muslim platform since their opponent was a half-Arab Christian.

Let's face it- our country isn't divided by tribalism. It's divided by racism. Not to say that all who vote R are racists, but that a lot of people running on R tickets are presuming that that's exactly who votes R.

Tribalism does not disclude racism, and racism does not disclude tribalism. Particularly not when the tribalism is used as a non-literal concept.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25297 on: November 07, 2018, 03:31:03 pm »

edit: y'know call me what you like but maybe democrats would win more elections if they weren't idiots. Did you know it took until fucking last tuesday for someone to realize Kemp being Chief Election Officer and a candidate might possibly be a conflict of interest? This lawsuit should have been submitted a fucking month ago, this is ridiculous.

I can't presume to know why they didn't do it earlier, but there are certainly things that they could have done that in hindsight seem pretty obvious.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25298 on: November 07, 2018, 03:36:18 pm »

Republicans: We elected a dead pimp.
He was found, dead, by Ron Jeremy!

I admit, in the absence of any other information, I'd probably vote for so many people if they were found dead by Ron Jeremy. Though I might start wondering about why Ron Jeremy is 'finding dead' loads of people, after the first few dozen of them. Maybe enough to not prefer to vote for Ron himself, if each of them had been running against him, once it reaches three figures. Or four. Five at a stretch.

Man: Yeah officer, I found this pimp dead in his house so I meticulously disinfected his living room and all of his cutlery with raw bleach to save housework for his estate that's right you're welcome.

Officer: Wow thanks you're free to go.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25299 on: November 07, 2018, 03:42:07 pm »

At least we're not Alabama, which went full theotard and approved a measure giving authority to display the Ten Commandments on government, school and other public properties.

Yep, we didn't vote for Roy Moore but his shadow remains. At least (in theory) public funds are not supposed to be used to defend the dumb ass amendment.

Edit: not supposed to be used to defend it. woof, what a typo.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 03:48:59 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #25300 on: November 07, 2018, 04:28:10 pm »

Now we brace for the post-midterm shakeup. Jeff Sessions will likely be out. Rod Rosenstein could also be out. James Mattis could be out.
I actually think there's a chance Sarah Huckabee Sanders could be out, not because Trump wants her gone but because she's tired of feeling on the inside like Kellyanne Conway looks on the outside.

The worrisome part is that if he waits until after the new Senate is seated, he can nominate whoever the fuck he wants and get them confirmed.
Attorney General Joe Arpaio? Sure.
Defense Secretary Chuck Norris? Why not?
DHS Secretary Larry the Cable Guy? GIT 'R DUN!

It begins, AG Jeff Sessions has resigned.

Basically fired, seeing as Trump asked him to resign.

I'm surprised he didn't televise a "YOU'RE FIRED, SESSIONS" for the ratings considering how long he's been wanting to do that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25301 on: November 07, 2018, 04:47:41 pm »

And Rosenstein has been removed from overseeing the Mueller probe, placing that under Trump's new lapdog Acting AG, Matthew Whittaker.

If Whittaker moves quickly to fire Mueller....I dunno. Something needs to happen. The new Congress won't be sworn in for several weeks, so Dems can't stop this. I'm very, VERY concerned.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25302 on: November 07, 2018, 04:52:54 pm »

That doesn’t mean those still on Congress can’t do anything. Anyhow, starting to look like Saturday night massacre redux. Except that the older one being on Saturday was pretty definetly trying to duck the news cycle, they aren’t even trying to duck the news cycle here.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25303 on: November 07, 2018, 04:56:31 pm »

I think they're trying to bank on everyone being too drained to fight. And trying to hurry things along before the next Congress is sworn in.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25304 on: November 07, 2018, 05:19:37 pm »

Wait, I haven’t seen anything about Rosenstein resigning, just that he was called to the WH.
Pages: 1 ... 1685 1686 [1687] 1688 1689 ... 3566