Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1684 1685 [1686] 1687 1688 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226278 times)

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #25275 on: November 07, 2018, 09:08:43 am »

I'm quite happy with the election results in Michigan. Can't really complain about local stuff.

My family is pissed about the Muslim woman that was elected, and the gay governor, and that the Democrats (dumbocrats, Demonrats, as they say) won, but it's not worth arguing with them about anything.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25276 on: November 07, 2018, 10:35:58 am »

Now we brace for the post-midterm shakeup. Jeff Sessions will likely be out. Rod Rosenstein could also be out. James Mattis could be out.
I actually think there's a chance Sarah Huckabee Sanders could be out, not because Trump wants her gone but because she's tired of feeling on the inside like Kellyanne Conway looks on the outside.

The worrisome part is that if he waits until after the new Senate is seated, he can nominate whoever the fuck he wants and get them confirmed.
Attorney General Joe Arpaio? Sure.
Defense Secretary Chuck Norris? Why not?
DHS Secretary Larry the Cable Guy? GIT 'R DUN!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25277 on: November 07, 2018, 10:37:48 am »

... and Trump completely ignores losing the House, choosing to focus on a commentator saying he’s magic instead for bucking a trend and winning senate seats.

Oh, it was a quote? Figured it sounded too third person to be from Trump. Still, it seemed embarrasing for the office of President to be laying it on thick like that.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25278 on: November 07, 2018, 10:50:51 am »

All things considered, I'm pretty happy with how the election cycle went.

We were never going to take the Senate, as nice as that would have been. But we got the house!

And locally, we passed prop 2 in Idaho, expanding medicaid to low-income people, covering the gap between poverty and working poor-subsidized. We also shot down prop 1! No "historical horse racing" (slot machines) at horse racing locations. Gambling's already enough of a problem, I'm glad we made the right choice not to expand it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25279 on: November 07, 2018, 11:14:40 am »

DHS Secretary Larry the Cable Guy? GIT 'R DUN!
Honestly, this probably wouldn't be the worst pick of the bunch...

"Larry the DHS Secretary" doesn't quite have the same ring to it though.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #25280 on: November 07, 2018, 11:18:51 am »

Nebraska went full red on every front.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25281 on: November 07, 2018, 11:38:20 am »

Democrats: More women are being elected! We took an important NY seat! Yay!

Republicans: We elected a dead pimp.

If there's a trophy for best election result post, I want it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25282 on: November 07, 2018, 12:31:28 pm »

=
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 02:15:14 pm by JoshuaFH »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25283 on: November 07, 2018, 12:42:13 pm »

So, the Gergoa governors race is not fully settled yet. Lawsuits and shit have to play out for a bit while Kemp counts the votes for his election.

Also, apparently my house district almost flipped 50.2 to 49.8, I  do hope that the Dem. Challenger pulls through.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25284 on: November 07, 2018, 01:39:17 pm »

Democrats: More women are being elected! We took an important NY seat! Yay!

Republicans: We elected a dead pimp. And two indicted felons. (Chris Collins and Duncan Hunter)

If there's a trophy for best election result post, I want it.
ftfy

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25285 on: November 07, 2018, 01:47:12 pm »

Though I do wonder if part of the reason you don't see racist campaigns from Dems is because they rarely ever come across a non-WASP Republican.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #25286 on: November 07, 2018, 02:09:03 pm »

That's the thing, Republicans went tribal. Democrats just didn't. What kind of messaging could the Democrats have that would attract ultra-wealthy and the very poor, but not high-school-graduate middle-wealth? How could they attract most religions plus atheists, but not evangelicals? Why would blue-collar union workers work with ecologists and green-collars?

Republicans have a small tent with a few easy-to-court demographics: Anti-abortion, anti-regulation, anti-nonwhite. The last decades even show large-scale work to tie the demographics together, such as by convincing corporations that reproductive health for employees is an expense, or by convincing hicks that regulation is bad for them. When you subtract corporate cultures, racist whites, and evangelicals from the US population as a whole, you get the Democrats (plus people who don't vote).
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25287 on: November 07, 2018, 02:14:09 pm »

Though I do wonder if part of the reason you don't see racist campaigns from Dems is because they rarely ever come across a non-WASP Republican.
I believe there have been recent examples of racist D candidates, but I cannot recall one at the moment.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25288 on: November 07, 2018, 02:19:25 pm »

I believe there have been recent examples of racist D candidates, but I cannot recall one at the moment.
Andrew Jackson?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25289 on: November 07, 2018, 02:20:33 pm »

Andrew Jackson?
You get a cookie.
Pages: 1 ... 1684 1685 [1686] 1687 1688 ... 3566