Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1603 1604 [1605] 1606 1607 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4233398 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #24060 on: October 09, 2018, 06:26:45 am »

Florida Man roamed the swamps of Florida (now Florida Sea) from circa 1500s until early 2100s. The last living specimen was caught on camera in 2107, attempting to wrestle a tide-stranded shark of of his swimming pool.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24061 on: October 09, 2018, 09:10:17 am »

Wuh? Nikki Haley, US Ambassador to the UN has resigned, no reason given or known yet....

And Trump and Haley are making an announcement in the Oval Office in about 10 min.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 09:22:06 am by smjjames »

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24062 on: October 09, 2018, 09:41:37 am »

Wuh? Nikki Haley, US Ambassador to the UN has resigned, no reason given or known yet....

And Trump and Haley are making an announcement in the Oval Office in about 10 min.

Maybe because Trump apparently thinks the UN is beneath him, and he doesn't intend to fill the role, as with most of the roles that he's emptied of late.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24063 on: October 09, 2018, 09:48:45 am »

Trump doesn't seem to have been taken by surprise, as far as I can tell. According to an update on the axios site, he and Haley talked about it last week. Maybe the timing caught him by surprise, and yeah, I just heard that Bolton and Pompeo were caught by surprise by this.

It appears that she resigned because she did her two years and she is resigning at the end of the year. Trump has also said that Haley had told him about six months ago that she was thinking of taking a break. Why he didn't have Pompeo and Bolton be in the loop, I don't know, but it's certainly in character.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 10:13:46 am by smjjames »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24064 on: October 09, 2018, 10:59:44 am »

I'm really unhappy with the Trump Administration's policy to the UN, but Nikki Haley, in particular, was not the cause of that (at least I don't think she was).

Can't wait to see what bozo she's replaced with.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24065 on: October 09, 2018, 11:15:20 am »

Oh, so it isn't 'They laughed at me and it was your fault, so you're fired' kinda situation?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #24066 on: October 09, 2018, 11:20:07 am »

Can't wait for Ambassador Barron Trump.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24067 on: October 09, 2018, 11:25:20 am »

I figure Haley is kind of a Sean Spicer situation, she got tired of carrying poisoned water for an idiot. Or spending months building up frameworks and relationships with other nations, only for Trump to come crashing through the wall like a racist orange Kool-Aid Man. "OHHHHHH YEAH! AMERICA FIRST BABY!"

On foreign policy, she's Kif to Trump's Brannigan.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24068 on: October 09, 2018, 01:49:57 pm »

Why he didn't have Pompeo and Bolton be in the loop, I don't know, but it's certainly in character.

This is the defining feature of Trump's leadership style, such as it is, and one he learned in bastardized fashion from Fred Trump. He never writes anything down and telegraphs as little as possible so that everything can be changed to suit the needs of the moment, which only exacerbates what look like symptoms of dementia since no one can tell if he actually remembers saying whatever's contradicting what he's saying now. Pompeo and Bolton didn't need to know in order for Haley to resign, and there is only ever one thing going on at a time in Trumpworld so it's inconceivable that her resignation might have any sort of broader impact necessitating that they be informed.

Without speculating on her motivations, I think we can say that now is a good time for less-loathed Trump officials to get out. The odds of Trump doing something titanically stupid increase as the midterms approach, and after that the MAGA agenda is likely to hit significant roadblocks. Even if Trump weren't the glory hog he is, there's not going to be much left to take credit for and a lot of blame to go around going forward.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #24069 on: October 09, 2018, 02:52:47 pm »

It is so goddamn depressing reading the typical reactions to the climate report.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24070 on: October 09, 2018, 02:57:33 pm »

It is so goddamn depressing reading the typical reactions to the climate report.
I dunno, it's kinda liberating in a weird way. Like, we're pretty much fucked. Now instead of worrying about how to help prevent climate change, I can worry about how best to scavenge working machinery and which sauces go best with roasted neighbor.

Instead of teaching recycling (which they already know), I can teach my kids how to fire a crossbow and 5 ways to kneecap a marauder (which they don't. Yet.)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #24071 on: October 09, 2018, 03:01:36 pm »

I have been seriously wondering if I should start raising my kids as a prepper.  But if/when things degrade that far, only one of them might have a chance anyway.  The other is diabetic :/
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24072 on: October 09, 2018, 03:19:02 pm »

I am going to teach my kid how to stitch leather and add metal spikes so he can rule bartertown.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24073 on: October 09, 2018, 03:21:55 pm »

Ring-a ding ding *fingerguns*
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24074 on: October 09, 2018, 03:34:55 pm »

removes hand skin

Now listen to me very carefully.

hand bones fall apart and scatter on the floor
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 1603 1604 [1605] 1606 1607 ... 3567