Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1588 1589 [1590] 1591 1592 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4241291 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #23835 on: October 02, 2018, 04:03:20 pm »

Yes, that is the problem with ending the policy, and why it was put into place to begin with. It was just looking like people were misinterpreting it as "Trump is blocking gay spouses", and I wanted to avoid going down a blind alley.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23836 on: October 02, 2018, 05:10:33 pm »

I find the trump administration transparently capricious, and would not want to accept any candidate endorsed by it.

That said, I find the methods used to challenge the appointment to be disgraceful as well.  This has quickly turned into a pissing contest into who can most obsequiously (in relation to appearing legitimate in face of circumstances) discredit the other, without actually admitting that this is a battle of ideology and not merit.

If it were not for the extremely high stakes, I would want nothing to do with the sordid affair at all.

All this has done is make it clear to everyone involved that there are no norms left and no quarter will be expected or given.

The next scandal will be biblical.  If it's a Democrat he's going to wish he was never born before it's over.   

I'm half hoping for something so disastrous it makes everyone rethink what they're doing but I think we all know this will end in a minority report scenario where we honeytrap promising ivy leaguers to blow them up in 30 years
Shoes...

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #23837 on: October 02, 2018, 05:13:44 pm »

Breaking News: Trump Lies About Money!

Thanks, Failing New York Times.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #23838 on: October 02, 2018, 05:22:38 pm »

I find the trump administration transparently capricious, and would not want to accept any candidate endorsed by it.

That said, I find the methods used to challenge the appointment to be disgraceful as well.  This has quickly turned into a pissing contest into who can most obsequiously (in relation to appearing legitimate in face of circumstances) discredit the other, without actually admitting that this is a battle of ideology and not merit.

If it were not for the extremely high stakes, I would want nothing to do with the sordid affair at all.

All this has done is make it clear to everyone involved that there are no norms left and no quarter will be expected or given.

The next scandal will be biblical.  If it's a Democrat he's going to wish he was never born before it's over.   

I'm half hoping for something so disastrous it makes everyone rethink what they're doing but I think we all know this will end in a minority report scenario where we honeytrap promising ivy leaguers to blow them up in 30 years

I really fail to see any change from the status quo. Trump had multiple affairs and Republicans don't bat an eye. Roy Moore was a pedophile (ok, an ephebophile) and his defense was, "I asked their moms first." Clinton had a consensual affair and the entire republican establishment clutched a bible in both hands while signing impeachment paperwork with their teeth. And that's hardly the beginning. Democrats defended slavery to the point of outright mutiny and treason and in the middle of the war they started, they considered themselves patriots and the Republican abolitionist president to be a tyrant.

Seriously, the modern era isn't all that special in terms of political divisiveness. It's just a very communicative era.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23839 on: October 02, 2018, 06:39:26 pm »

That's all assuming this has anything to do with upright conduct and it's not about beating your political opponents to death with the heaviest weapon you can find.
Shoes...

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #23840 on: October 02, 2018, 07:28:55 pm »

Seriously? Democrats are being meaner to Republicans today than conservatives were to civil rights leaders in the '60s?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23841 on: October 02, 2018, 07:54:08 pm »

Seriously, the modern era isn't all that special in terms of political divisiveness. It's just a very communicative era.

Eloquently put.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23842 on: October 02, 2018, 08:11:27 pm »

Seriously? Democrats are being meaner to Republicans today than conservatives were to civil rights leaders in the '60s?

well you see there are fine people on both sides

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23843 on: October 02, 2018, 08:16:26 pm »

well you see there are fine people on both sides

There are heroes and bad guys, and the bad guys are the ones that are easier to convince people are worse. What's not to understand. This is America.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23844 on: October 02, 2018, 09:39:43 pm »

Breaking News: Trump Lies About Money!

Thanks, Failing New York Times.

Well that was a hell of a read. Unfortunately I feel like it's historical information at best. Rich people break the rules and get away with it to get richer, rich families scheme to not pay their share of taxes. If they're hoping this will puncture Trump's self-made billionaire image, as good as the piece is, I don't think it will. Plenty of Trump supporters will hear this and go "hell if I was that rich I'd do the same thing!"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 10:05:52 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23845 on: October 02, 2018, 11:13:35 pm »

Fox News articles comments just brushed it off as a pittance compared to the billions of dollars laundered by the Clinton Foundation.  Or something.  It's almost like a game, but where anything Trump did, Hillary can be blamed for worse without evidence.

Anyway, it will be interesting if New York state investigates this and discovers fraud was indeed committed.  I don't think he can be held criminally liable now, but based on what I've read he can still be fined for it.  And it sounds like he'd owe a lot in fines.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23846 on: October 03, 2018, 02:04:58 am »

*puts on Johnny Carson magic prediction turban*

*holds cellphone to forehead*

"I see...  A bewildered man beating on his keyboard like Angry German Kid..."

*Turns on cellphone, reads Twitter feed*

@RealDonaldTrump
#FakeNews, #Sad!
Sad!  Fake News NYT creates false news story to claim I cheated when I made my fortune! Lying liberals will do ANYTHING to discredit my administration! Disgraceful!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23847 on: October 03, 2018, 02:55:44 am »

God-damn the Trump admin is fucking predictable.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/02/nyt-report-trump-taxes-863145

Even used the word Sad, and even used the phrase "Failing New York Times"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23848 on: October 03, 2018, 09:55:07 am »

I agree with Nenjin, it's historical information at best because if you're surprised, you've been under a rock, underground.

Anyhow, Trump just can't help but make things more difficult for McConnell. I'm betting McConnell really feels like he wants to tell Trump to his face to STFU.

Also, for some reason, Ford hasn't been interviewed by the FBI yet.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23849 on: October 03, 2018, 09:58:31 am »

I agree with Nenjin, it's historical information at best because if you're surprised, you've been under a rock, underground.

Anyhow, Trump just can't help but make things more difficult for McConnell. I'm betting McConnell really feels like he wants to tell Trump to his face to STFU.

Also, for some reason, Ford hasn't been interviewed by the FBI yet.
Well, it's possible that they got all they needed from her senate testimony. I think it was under oath.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 1588 1589 [1590] 1591 1592 ... 3567