Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1575 1576 [1577] 1578 1579 ... 3568

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4243121 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #23640 on: September 26, 2018, 05:59:49 pm »

I even fact checked him when he said there are 30 million people in Seoul. In the Metro area there are 25 million, though in the surrounding area there are almost 10 million, so, if he said there are 'about 30 million', he'd be technically correct since it depends on where you're looking at.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23641 on: September 26, 2018, 06:27:24 pm »

CNN's takeaways from the press conference.

Spoiler: This... is CNN (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 06:30:46 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #23642 on: September 26, 2018, 06:52:48 pm »

Kavanaugh is now up to 5 allegations of sexual abuse. The two newest victims are choosing to remain anonymous. But the third accuser, Julie Swetnick, gave a rather vivid description of 'train rapes', of which Kavanaugh is alleged to have been involved in multiple times.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23643 on: September 26, 2018, 07:04:47 pm »

The two newest ones (they're both on the same incident I think? not clear on that) are from 1998, when he was on the Starr team at the time I believe. It also corroborates other peoples reports of him being a 'mean drunk'. The one from 1998 says that there are other witnesses as well.

Though the Colorado one may be even more dubious since apparently there was no contact info, names, or even a return address, it'd be a hell of a lot harder to corroborate if they can't be contacted.

This is exactly why there should be an FBI investigation, they probably did that so that there would be little or no chance of death threats etc happening, but with an FBI investigation, it'd be a private venue where their identity would be protected for sure.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 07:18:55 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23644 on: September 26, 2018, 08:07:19 pm »

From what I'm reading, one of the two is from 1998 in Colorado (with two witnesses) and the other new allegation is from 1985 in Rhode Island. The latter one is interesting, because it describes a scenario where "Brett and Mark" (presumably Kavanaugh and Mark Judge) sexually assaulted a women, who told some friends, who then tracked down the boat and apparently beat the shit out of the pair. Would be interesting to see if Kavanaugh has any medical history consistent with getting a beatdown in 1985.

EDIT: And then there's this gem (courtesy of the NY Daily News):
In yet another twist that could prove pivotal, Judge’s former girlfriend Elizabeth Rasor says she’s ready and willing to speak with the FBI and the Judiciary Committee, a letter from her lawyer sent to the committee and obtained by the Washington Post states.

Rasor dated Judge in college and recently told New Yorker magazine that Judge previously confided in her about taking part in a gang rape.

According to the New Yorker, Rasor said Judge ashamedly admitted the incident involved multiple boys taking turns having sex with a drunk woman.

Rasor told the magazine that Judge seemed to regard the incident as fully consensual and did not name the other boys involved.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 08:11:08 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23645 on: September 26, 2018, 08:12:50 pm »

From what I'm reading, one of the two is from 1998 in Colorado (with two witnesses) and the other new allegation is from 1985 in Rhode Island. The latter one is interesting, because it describes a scenario where "Brett and Mark" (presumably Kavanaugh and Mark Judge) sexually assaulted a women, who told some friends, who then tracked down the boat and apparently beat the shit out of the pair. Would be interesting to see if Kavanaugh has any medical history consistent with getting a beatdown in 1985.
I don't know what the statute of limitations on assault is, but if it's up, then perhaps the beatdown crew itself could supply testimony.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23646 on: September 26, 2018, 08:18:59 pm »

I don't know what the statute of limitations on assault is, but if it's up, then perhaps the beatdown crew itself could supply testimony.
Best. Senate. Hearing. EVER.

"Would you state for the record how you know Justice Kavanaugh?"
"Yeah, the last time I saw him, he was wearing my boot in his ass. Hey-o!"

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23647 on: September 26, 2018, 08:23:02 pm »

A quick lookup shows Colorado having a 3-year statute of limitations for felony assault*, so yeah, unless somebody really wants to bump it up to attempted homicide(no limit), there's no way the people who beat those two up could face any conceivable charges if they went public about it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23648 on: September 26, 2018, 08:24:27 pm »

The beatdown was in Rhode Island.
EDIT: 3 years there as well for assault and battery.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23649 on: September 26, 2018, 08:27:07 pm »

That only works if he sought medical treatment at all. And yeah, I wasn't sure what the second one was, but I read what it was on another article. Said article didn't mention some sort of beatdown I don't think.

This is where an FBI investigation would really help because they can more easily dedicate time to finding out what happened, if it did happen, and the Republicans obviously don't want to spend time deeply investigating it.

A quick lookup shows Colorado having a 3-year statute of limitations for felony assault*, so yeah, unless somebody really wants to bump it up to attempted homicide(no limit), there's no way the people who beat those two up could face any conceivable charges if they went public about it.

There'd have to be medical records showing that he got beaten to an inch of his life for them to even closely bump it up, and of course, said medical records would show that he did get beaten, so...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23650 on: September 27, 2018, 12:40:05 am »

So Kavanaugh and Ford go up to testify tomorrow.

So does anyone know when the hearings are happening? That's the sort of thing one might want to watch live, instead of merely hearing secondhand.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23651 on: September 27, 2018, 03:01:24 am »

Check Twitch for people streaming 'Phoenix Wrong: US Attorney' with a controller.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23652 on: September 27, 2018, 05:44:06 am »

I hope that somewhere, somehow, there are two people in a bureau called Rong and Wright.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23653 on: September 27, 2018, 06:36:46 am »

Hearings start at 10am I think. Which is sad since I’m at work :(

Edit: In saying that I don’t know if thag’s 10am Eastern or what. Fakeedit:it is Eastern.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 06:39:34 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23654 on: September 27, 2018, 07:36:22 am »

Pages: 1 ... 1575 1576 [1577] 1578 1579 ... 3568