Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1549 1550 [1551] 1552 1553 ... 3568

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4242319 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #23250 on: September 06, 2018, 03:24:41 pm »

As it stands, the Op-Ed really DID do nothing but throw more chaos into what was already a very chaotic situation.

It's definetly done that, and throw it into hyperdrive. Also, Rand Paul suggested that they use lie detector tests. While I guess that sounds reasonable on it's surface, theres a huge amount of people they'd have to ask and it's just going to feed into Trump's paranoia.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #23251 on: September 06, 2018, 03:31:19 pm »

The bigger problem is that polygraphs are more accurate than Ouija boards and crystal balls, but not much.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23252 on: September 06, 2018, 03:32:58 pm »

The bigger problem is that polygraphs are more accurate than Ouija boards and crystal balls, but not much.

They only measure stress related biometrics against an easily manipulated baseline test.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23253 on: September 06, 2018, 03:38:44 pm »

They only measure stress related biometrics against an easily manipulated baseline test.

Plus theres going to be some who talk to the media on a regular basis because that's part of their job. All it's going to do is feed into Trumps paranoia and enable confirmation bias.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #23254 on: September 06, 2018, 04:02:00 pm »

Exactly. They're rubbish, and should have been banned for all purposes decades ago.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23255 on: September 06, 2018, 04:59:40 pm »

I think if Trump wants some unreliable confessions to get to the bottom of the leaks, he should start torturing the people in his administration. I mean, physical torture, not the stuff they already deal with.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23256 on: September 06, 2018, 05:08:25 pm »

I think if Trump wants some unreliable confessions to get to the bottom of the leaks, he should start torturing the people in his administration. I mean, physical torture, not the stuff they already deal with.

Why not?  He'd get away with it.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23257 on: September 06, 2018, 08:32:55 pm »

I was reminded of this moment. For no particular reason.

Just felt like others should be reminded that it exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssAhmEis8F8

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23258 on: September 07, 2018, 12:01:22 am »

You know...

That scene from Downfall, where Hitler has his explosive tirade at his senior staff?

I kinda envision that when I read things like this in the news.

Behind the scenes, sources say, Trump wasn’t holding up much better. According to people familiar with his response, the president, in the words of one adviser, “exploded” to those close to him on Wednesday, demanding to know who this anonymous senior official could be.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23259 on: September 07, 2018, 03:48:09 am »

You know...

That scene from Downfall, where Hitler has his explosive tirade at his senior staff?

I kinda envision that when I read things like this in the news.

Behind the scenes, sources say, Trump wasn’t holding up much better. According to people familiar with his response, the president, in the words of one adviser, “exploded” to those close to him on Wednesday, demanding to know who this anonymous senior official could be.

And now it's in my head as well. Thank you, it's a beautiful image. Shakily waking up the animal he stores on his head, putting it on the table, dismissing all but the top brass and as he shouts, the interns outside the room are flinching and wincing.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23260 on: September 07, 2018, 04:49:53 am »

If SNL/whoever it is/somebody else doesn't do a redo version with Alec Baldwin in totally-not-Nazi-paraphernalia and West Wing setting but with the whole "Fegelein!" dialogue verbatim (or German "Fegerlein!" subtitles under ranting Trump-type dialogue in 'Merkin, as a direct reversal of the resubbed Downfall) then they aren't thinking creatively enough.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23261 on: September 07, 2018, 07:17:59 am »

If SNL/whoever it is/somebody else doesn't do a redo version with Alec Baldwin in totally-not-Nazi-paraphernalia and West Wing setting but with the whole "Fegelein!" dialogue verbatim (or German "Fegerlein!" subtitles under ranting Trump-type dialogue in 'Merkin, as a direct reversal of the resubbed Downfall) then they aren't thinking creatively enough.

That's a 10 year old meme. It's dangerous to just pull it out of the garbage like that and try to serve it to normies. Especially one as spicy as Downfall.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23262 on: September 07, 2018, 10:14:21 am »

Now I picture Alec Baldwin in Trump costume, slamming his fist on a desk and yelling "FEGELEIN!" over and over.

Also, Trump apparently lost it a bit last night at a rally in Montana, telling the assembled crowd of Deplorables that if he was impeached, it would be their fault (for not voting in large enough numbers to keep the Democrats from taking Congress).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 10:52:31 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23263 on: September 07, 2018, 10:58:35 am »

Also that America would become a third-world country if a Democrat ever got elected.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23264 on: September 07, 2018, 11:07:47 am »

Now I picture Alec Baldwin in Trump costume, slamming his fist on a desk and yelling "FEGELEIN!" over and over.

Also, Trump apparently lost it a bit last night at a rally in Montana, telling the assembled crowd of Deplorables that if he was impeached, it would be their fault (for not voting in large enough numbers to keep the Democrats from taking Congress).

Also couldn't get the word "anonymous" out correctly. Granted. It's a word that can be tripped over easily, but it definitely wasn't good imagery to pair with his current situation.
Pages: 1 ... 1549 1550 [1551] 1552 1553 ... 3568