Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 ... 3568

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4242226 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #22980 on: August 28, 2018, 09:29:41 am »

On a possibly related note, the NY Times reported a few days ago that the CIA operation in Russia has gone quiet. They don't think it was found out, but instead went to ground amongst increased counter-espionage by the Kremlin. It's worth noting, though, since CIA spies were one of the big groups sounding the alarm for the 2016 election, and now they can't (for 2018).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #22981 on: August 28, 2018, 11:19:44 am »

The CIA concluded that their entire Chinese spy network was executed in one night owing to overconfidence in their compromised communications

Yes. The Chinese found our entire spy network. All... 30 of them. That's all of them. Sorry to see, but good job China, you got them all.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22982 on: August 28, 2018, 12:01:47 pm »

The article says it's likely a very lowball figure, since it'd make them look way worse if it was a stupidly high (triple digits even) number. Even if they missed a lot of them, they likely won't be of any use for the forseeable future since they'd either gtfo or lay low until shit settles down a bit.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22984 on: August 28, 2018, 12:15:02 pm »

*goes on vacation for 5 days, comes back and checks Ameripol*

It's been catholic pedophilia and Trump failing at coloring all the way down. Thank God some things always stay the same, Ameripol. You are a rock of stable reliability in my life.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #22985 on: August 28, 2018, 12:55:00 pm »

Yes. The Chinese found our entire spy network. All... 30 of them. That's all of them. Sorry to see, but good job China, you got them all.
"Oh no, you caught all of them. Guess you shouldn't look for anyone else." t. CIA

Makes sense. Best reason to admit to losing them all is if you haven't, and you've still got people you need to get out

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a- hmm
Is this in bad taste? Ahh, fuck it.

-slow and insidious killer.
Prodigious department budget alone does not dissuade the sharpened counterintelligence unit

On a possibly related note, the NY Times reported a few days ago that the CIA operation in Russia has gone quiet. They don't think it was found out, but instead went to ground amongst increased counter-espionage by the Kremlin. It's worth noting, though, since CIA spies were one of the big groups sounding the alarm for the 2016 election, and now they can't (for 2018).
It's likely the Chinese have informed the Russians of the exploits they used to identify CIA informants

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #22986 on: August 28, 2018, 03:14:44 pm »

The article says it's likely a very lowball figure, since it'd make them look way worse if it was a stupidly high (triple digits even) number. Even if they missed a lot of them, they likely won't be of any use for the forseeable future since they'd either gtfo or lay low until shit settles down a bit.
If the CIA had actually lost all their agents, they would have said otherwise. Unless they're trying to pull a level two lie on the Chinese, but that's stupidly risky and might not have a lot of tangible benefit.

I doubt our eyes in China have all gone shut. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump has been communicating intel on our espionage to Russia during his one-on-one babyhands massages with Putin.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22987 on: August 28, 2018, 05:40:43 pm »

Oh neat(?). News was actually noting the american death toll from those last hurricanes is over 3k.

... though the quick pass I noticed didn't seem to acknowledge where or why, but baby steps, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #22988 on: August 28, 2018, 06:46:48 pm »

Oh neat(?). News was actually noting the american death toll from those last hurricanes is over 3k.
... though the quick pass I noticed didn't seem to acknowledge where or why, but baby steps, I guess.

The number I keep seeing is 2975, just under 3k. But the icing on that cake is the fact that the officially acknowledged number is still 64.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22989 on: August 28, 2018, 06:58:04 pm »

For lack of a "african" or "international issues" megathread, I was wondering if I could sound out a situation I literally just heard about with ya'll.

So, the broader context of what i'm trying to figure out is the proclaimed rise of allegedly racially motivated attacks on farms in South Africa (NYT). A very interesting topic to be sure; I always find the spread of disinformation on racial and economic lines to be some fascinating bullshit, even if I hate it. However, when I heard about the whole debacle on the news this evening, one of the anchors made a one off comment about "Afrikaner farmers training to defend themselves" the included visuals were... pretty close to what i'd imagine paramilitary training would look like.

On air the five second clip was clearly an urban breach-and-clear exercise, which is a little bit past "personal defence training." The first included still is mirrored, but I was able to make out "Kalah Israeli Combat System." A short google search later and I was at their website, which includes a short look into their training regimen:

WHAT YOU WILL LEARN

combat shooting
s.w.a.t
ambush
anti-ambush
bush warfare
urban warfare
assault weapon and side arm operation (shooting and moving)
team operation
hand to hand combat
arresting techniques

Not exactly what i'd call a "personal defence course." More worrying is some of the language used ("One nation, one language, one standard"), as well as the fact that the course is built not only to train select individuals in asymmetrical warfare, but also give them what they need to train others.

Any thoughts?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22990 on: August 28, 2018, 07:47:55 pm »

There is an Africa news thread floating around somewhere. On that particular issue, I've heard about issues with farms in South Africa and trying to reallocate to black farmers and that there is some tensions involving that, but I know very little of the situation.

What you've found looks like a fringe minority thing and is definetly concerning in and of itself, but again, it's a fringe minority. Also, out of curiosity, which news channel did you see it on? I'm gonna guess Fox News?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22991 on: August 28, 2018, 07:53:24 pm »

You'd think Fox News (by stereotype) would be covering the reallocation of white farms to black farmers instead of the angry white paramilitary turrists angle.

At any rate I'm sure the internet headline here in the USA would be BLACK ENTREPRENEURS STEALING FARMLAND FROM BESIEGED WHITE CITIZENS or some such.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22992 on: August 28, 2018, 08:19:23 pm »

You'd think Fox News (by stereotype) would be covering the reallocation of white farms to black farmers instead of the angry white paramilitary turrists angle.

At any rate I'm sure the internet headline here in the USA would be BLACK ENTREPRENEURS STEALING FARMLAND FROM BESIEGED WHITE CITIZENS or some such.
Nah, the headlines are EVIL GOVERNMENT STEALS LAND FROM INNOCENT FARMERS, FARMERS FEAR FOR THEIR LIVES.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #22993 on: August 28, 2018, 08:33:34 pm »

Third option: there wouldn't be a headline.  If American news covered foreign countries more of us would be able to pass the "which country on the map is China?" test.  Only reason this is in the news is because of Trump.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22994 on: August 29, 2018, 02:32:20 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ3RrqBqk14&t=292

It's payback for the John Oliver Australia stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 ... 3568