Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1523 1524 [1525] 1526 1527 ... 3568

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4242774 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #22860 on: August 23, 2018, 09:31:09 pm »

A rite of passage for every other american adult, you mean.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22861 on: August 23, 2018, 10:09:23 pm »

My apologies. I didn't want to start anything. It was a shitty thing to say. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22862 on: August 24, 2018, 01:40:08 am »

A rite of passage for every other american adult, you mean.

Thanos approves this message.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22863 on: August 24, 2018, 01:56:12 am »

So since Cohen flipped, Trump has:
A) Praised Manafort, who has gone from "Campaign coffee boy" to a hero Trump praises at rallies. Praising a convicted felon for "not breaking" is a bit of a detour and a half from the "Witch hunt" thing Trump was going with.
B) Commented that prosecution deals "Almost oughta be outlawed." which is a little strange, even for one of his textbook "jokes".
C) Said that the stock market would crash if he were impeached and that "everyone would be very poor." This is... debatable, but impeachment is on the brain for him it seems.

What all this adds up to, I think, is that Trump is very unhappy about Cohen. Possibly more upset then he's been about most things. I was skeptical at first, but it seems like this is the first time Trump seems actually worried about something from the investigations, as opposed to merely annoyed, or frustrated, or outraged that it dare exist. He might have worried before, but it seems like the stakes are sinking in (or at least, sinking in deeper).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22864 on: August 24, 2018, 02:51:36 am »

Unhappy is one way to put it, but he seems outright shocked; he waited 16 hours before attacking Cohen, and even then did so relatively tepidly. I don't think there's an easy way in Trump's fantasyland to rationalize away one of "his people" breaking the omertà, and without that to serve as the core of the new narrative he's just throwing everything he can find at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Somewhere in the back of his mind is probably a dim awareness that if Cohen survives getting out, everyone else he thought he trapped is suddenly re-evaluating their options, but I don't think that's fully dawned on him yet. He'll keep trying to figure out a way this makes sense in Trumpworld for a while yet.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22865 on: August 24, 2018, 06:29:31 am »

Thanos did nothing wrong (because I didn't go poof)...
Shooting someone dead should be a right of passage for every American adult.
What if you didn't use a gun?

Also why shoot baby hitler, it's a baby, they're harder to keep alive than you might think...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22866 on: August 24, 2018, 10:13:52 am »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22867 on: August 24, 2018, 10:21:20 am »

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22868 on: August 24, 2018, 12:23:08 pm »

Not to distract from that, but Weisselberg also got immunity

This bodes very ill for Trump. Immunity implies he has reason to think he would be prosecuted, and there is nothing Weisselberg and Cohen worked together on that was not at Trump's behest.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22869 on: August 24, 2018, 02:58:16 pm »

John McCain is ending his treatment for cancer.
I mean, we all knew it was coming, but wow.
Though I personally love the guy because despite all of the fucked up vile shit he's supported and endorsed, he mic drop'D the healthcare repeal and he isn't resigning even now just so he can ride into the grave flipping off a bitchass draft dodging shitbag.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22870 on: August 24, 2018, 03:17:14 pm »

Though I personally love the guy because despite all of the fucked up vile shit he's supported and endorsed, he mic drop'D the healthcare repeal and he isn't resigning even now just so he can ride into the grave flipping off a bitchass draft dodging shitbag.

I respect him for the respect he showed to others.  He defended Obama, his opponent, twice during a single session despite  actively running against the man for president.  He showed a tremendous amount of class and even made me re-evaluate my beliefs about people on the right of the political spectrum.  I'm glad that he gets to say his gooodbyes with dignity, rather than snuffing it by surprise one day.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22871 on: August 24, 2018, 03:50:13 pm »

I respect him for the respect he showed to others.  He defended Obama, his opponent, twice during a single session despite  actively running against the man for president.  He showed a tremendous amount of class and even made me re-evaluate my beliefs about people on the right of the political spectrum.  I'm glad that he gets to say his gooodbyes with dignity, rather than snuffing it by surprise one day.
Yeah, while I wasn't exactly a fan of the fellow, he was definitely more respectable than a lot of the other hoohahs on that side of the fence. Bottom line, nobody deserves cancer...

In other news...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22872 on: August 24, 2018, 03:54:37 pm »

Boyo gettin nervous. Good.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22873 on: August 24, 2018, 04:09:23 pm »

It is a wrong 'em boyo
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #22874 on: August 24, 2018, 04:20:28 pm »

"I don't know how you impeach someone..." *asshole smirk* "...that's done a great job."

Too bad for Donald we don't measure a president's success based on how much they've padded their bank account.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 1523 1524 [1525] 1526 1527 ... 3568