Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1495 1496 [1497] 1498 1499 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4237483 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #22440 on: August 10, 2018, 01:40:40 pm »

If you can prove it, probably, I think other people have definitely sued him for that.

EDIT: By that I mean I could swear I saw a report on something similar going through but now it's impossible to find it becuase google just wants to talk to me about his being banned from Youtube, like he's special or something from the other billion and a half people who were banned from Youtube.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22441 on: August 10, 2018, 01:44:33 pm »

That's why google has the ability to refine your search by date, including excluding anything more recent than (x) date.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22442 on: August 10, 2018, 01:45:45 pm »

It has a lot of things you can do with it that take more than 5 seconds to accomplish. Get of my back gawd (joking)
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22443 on: August 10, 2018, 01:50:11 pm »

In other news, my uncle just destroyed his liver taking supplements he got from Alex Jones.

I'm not even joking. Any chance this could be used to destroy Alex Jones forever with massive lawsuits?
If the doctor confirmed the cause, and the packaging didn't have warnings (last bit probably matters more), maybe.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22444 on: August 10, 2018, 05:37:01 pm »

Supplements are highly unregulated, but I'm pretty sure that's mostly for them not doing anything and a registered business isn't actually allowed to sell something that will cause organ failure. Except for anybody who can sell liquor, of course.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22445 on: August 10, 2018, 06:01:17 pm »

Good reason for Ocaisio-Cortez to not do the interview, though she could have pointed out that it was a loaded question and called it out for the bait that it is rather than compare it to catcalling.

I find people usually mean "this is absurd on this level with this other absurd thing" or "I hate this thing as much as I hate this other thing", and then only afterwards realize they just compared being cut off in traffic to rape or some such.

Idle conjecture here, but I wonder if she actually meant "dog-whistling" there instead of "catcalling". They're very similar phrases and dog-whistling would actually be a relevant and coherent complaint.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22446 on: August 10, 2018, 06:37:10 pm »

Good reason for Ocaisio-Cortez to not do the interview, though she could have pointed out that it was a loaded question and called it out for the bait that it is rather than compare it to catcalling.

I find people usually mean "this is absurd on this level with this other absurd thing" or "I hate this thing as much as I hate this other thing", and then only afterwards realize they just compared being cut off in traffic to rape or some such.

Idle conjecture here, but I wonder if she actually meant "dog-whistling" there instead of "catcalling". They're very similar phrases and dog-whistling would actually be a relevant and coherent complaint.

The specifics of her response (men feeling entitled to a response) leads me to believe she meant catcalling.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22447 on: August 10, 2018, 07:23:30 pm »

The specifics of her response (men feeling entitled to a response) leads me to believe she meant catcalling.

Also in the sense that both are monologues given the thinnest possible veneer of dialogue.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #22448 on: August 10, 2018, 07:33:23 pm »

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-nfl-protest_us_5b6d835be4b0530743c9264a
Trump is being called out for tweeting that kneeling NFL players are unable to define why they are kneeling.

Loathe though I am to admit it, I gotta side with Trump on this one. It's been two years since this thing began, and I've yet to hear any of these players clearly articulate the precise nature of their protest. And that really goes to the core of the controversy over this issue; kneeling during the anthem projects the appearance of hating patriotism and America. If the players just stood up and held a sign saying 'Racism is bad', or whatever their message is, I think that most of the controversy would go away. Instead, these players are acting like angsty teenagers who don't know why they're angry, they just are angry, so they're striking out at whatever convenient target presents itself. And that kind of behavior doesn't really solve anything.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22449 on: August 10, 2018, 08:03:26 pm »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem

I'm more concerned as to why it's being trotted out constantly after kneeling was banned like, 3 months ago.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22450 on: August 10, 2018, 08:17:38 pm »

@folly: They have, many times over the years, that it's about a litany of problems that minorities face, African-Americans in particular.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem

I'm more concerned as to why it's being trotted out constantly after kneeling was banned like, 3 months ago.

Because white people complain about it, thus it's working.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #22451 on: August 10, 2018, 08:17:52 pm »

NFL and Players Put National Anthem Protest Policy on Hold

@folly: They have, many times over the years, that it's about a litany of problems that minorities face, African-Americans in particular.

'a litany of problems' is extremely vague, and certainly not clarified in any way by the chosen medium of protest.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:19:52 pm by Folly »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22452 on: August 10, 2018, 08:30:23 pm »

Police brutality seems to be the one that is foremost (which Trump seems to think he can solve by pardoning people), but yeah, the lack of messaging while doing the actual protesting since they're still doing could be an issue.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22453 on: August 10, 2018, 08:48:56 pm »

It's always seemed pretty clear to me as a protest of police brutality. But that's my view.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22454 on: August 10, 2018, 08:49:09 pm »

'a litany of problems' is extremely vague, and certainly not clarified in any way by the chosen medium of protest.

When "people are deliberately ignoring us" is among those problems, though, it becomes understandable why clarity of expression might be less important than volume, if you will. You can't dialogue with people ex nihilo about why they won't talk to you.

In that light, the simple fact that you're complaining about not understanding what they're saying is indicative of a state of affairs preferable to nobody noticing they had something to say at all, which has long been the default.
Pages: 1 ... 1495 1496 [1497] 1498 1499 ... 3567