Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1477 1478 [1479] 1480 1481 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4229390 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #22170 on: August 01, 2018, 06:38:01 am »

I opined a similar viewpoint in the Europol thread.  We're either in for a hell of a ride, or endless hellish misery at the hands of the corporations.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22171 on: August 01, 2018, 07:19:31 am »

I opined a similar viewpoint in the Europol thread.  We're either in for a hell of a ride, or endless hellish misery at the hands of the corporations.
Why not both

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22172 on: August 01, 2018, 12:53:22 pm »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/30/us/politics/trump-tax-cuts-rich.html

Clearly the poor oppressed rich need more money.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22173 on: August 01, 2018, 12:55:39 pm »

oh tank gods i need trikle downon fec
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #22174 on: August 01, 2018, 04:38:51 pm »

Idk, I'm becoming increasingly exasperated with the leadership at the top levels of our government, and it's becoming increasingly obvious that someone needs to do something about it. Either someone who both parties respect enough that they can get something done, or someone who the people love enough that they can reorganize shit to work more smoothly. If something doesn't happen soon...

Expecting a "someone" to come along and fix things is unrealistic. It's usually how you end up with dictators, not saviors.

Which is why we turn to a something
Nah, pretty sure the grim reaper has us covered.  The average top level US official is like 110 years old.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22175 on: August 01, 2018, 05:56:05 pm »

It's a pretty notorious natural law that the more angry and stupid a congressman gets, the longer he or she will live. This progresses until you get someone like Strom Thurmond, who was so angry and stupid that I'm not totally convinced he isn't still out in the carolina countryside murdering virgins and livestock.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22176 on: August 01, 2018, 06:38:54 pm »

The Manafort trial has started, and the judge has already banned the word "oligarch" explicitly to stop insinuation that Manafort worked with criminals, restricted what evidence the prosecution can admit, demanded the prosecution shorten their presentation by a week and suggested there "may be a slip between the cup and the lip" regarding a case that looks very solid.

T.S. Ellis, folks. Because we really needed an arrogant, decrepit, grandstanding asshat presiding over this trial.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22177 on: August 01, 2018, 06:46:39 pm »

I honestly don't have a clue what "a slip between the cup and the lip" is supposed to mean (I would interpret it as "this case is so open and shut that the prosecution could only lose it through gross incompetence" in a vacuum, but that would be an extremely inappropriate sentiment for a judge to express during a trial), but it is normal to restrict prejudicial terminology in court cases. The term "oligarch" is a loaded one, and the associations with which it is loaded are not what Manfort is on trial for.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22178 on: August 01, 2018, 07:12:03 pm »

What are we supposed to call them, then?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22179 on: August 01, 2018, 07:17:02 pm »

It kinda' is, though? Considering who manafort was working with and the connections involved. Not completely a russia matter, but it's involved.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22180 on: August 01, 2018, 07:23:59 pm »

Well, "QAnon" is now in the NY Times, so those nutters are finally approaching mainstream consciousness. God help us all.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22181 on: August 01, 2018, 07:24:29 pm »

The case has just started and Trump has already demanded it be stopped by Sessions, who has recused himself and technically can’t do anything about it.

In other news, Trump thinks you need ID to buy groceries, and that’s why we need voter ID. Broadly speaking.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22182 on: August 01, 2018, 08:54:16 pm »

It kinda' is, though? Considering who manafort was working with and the connections involved. Not completely a russia matter, but it's involved.
Yes, but this isn't a trial on collusion. This a trial on... tax evasion, among other things. Working with unscrupulous figures does not make one unscrupulous, and is not the crime he is accused of. It's the lavish lifestyle lived on stolen dollars that he's accused of, and the last thing this needs to do is boil down into a partisan clash.

While we're being pedantic, it's not the lifestyle that's illegal, it's what he did to fund it.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #22183 on: August 01, 2018, 10:01:43 pm »

If Q did assassinate Trump, it would only make him a martyr. Ending an idiotic ideology is rarely as simple as killing it's leader.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22184 on: August 02, 2018, 01:40:49 am »

While I accept that dictators and arseholes are products of their society, there can be better and worse ones.  Sadly, your american system is so corrupt, right-wing and straight-up evil that if you killed Trump you would get someone no less evil but far less incompetent. Might be better though.

I still support assassinating Trump on principle.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 1477 1478 [1479] 1480 1481 ... 3567