Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1473 1474 [1475] 1476 1477 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4228614 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #22110 on: July 30, 2018, 02:30:37 pm »

"Nothing Happened!"
"Anything that happened was good!"
"Anything that happened was totally legal!"
"Anything illegal that happened was for the best!"
"Anything maliciously illegal that happened was not the fault of Trump!"
"Anything that was maliciously illegal that was directly Trump's fault isn't something he can be prosecuted for!"
"But Clinton's blowjob was worse!"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22111 on: July 30, 2018, 02:52:52 pm »

but her emails?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22112 on: July 30, 2018, 04:23:01 pm »

Random local politics, presented with no comment.  Do we have a local politics thread?
http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/ac-cn-light-rail-0729-story.html
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22113 on: July 30, 2018, 04:25:51 pm »

Not available in EU :(

Stupid EU defending my rights
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22114 on: July 30, 2018, 04:55:26 pm »

Giuliani has decided that, because 'collusion' is not a crime, Trump did nothing wrong.

It's not significant in the progress of the investigation, of course, but it is interesting that this is the point where even Trump's shock jock -- and Giuliani is exactly that -- has to move one step further up the hierarchy of denials. I think after "well it's not illegal" comes "well he can't be prosecuted," which will play interestingly during the midterms.

It's technically true that there's no crime called collusion, but you know, the devil's in the details and all that.

Not available in EU :(

Stupid EU defending my rights

What's not available in the EU? Light rail?

Anyways, Trump is threatening another shutdown which would start a little more than a month before the November midterm election date. Part of it is simply circumstance, there is a deadline of September 30th, but it's also possible that Trump views it as leverage and likely thinks he'll escape the wrath of the public if he does it since Obama was largely unscathed when he had it. Though there is a difference between Congress screwing themselves up with the President ready to sign it vs Congress actually doing it and sending it to the Presidents desk and having the President shoot it down.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22115 on: July 30, 2018, 05:03:56 pm »

No, the Sun website isn't available in the EU, presumably because of cookie bans
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22116 on: July 30, 2018, 05:11:07 pm »

The one TheBiggerFish linked is a local Baltimore newspaper though.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22117 on: July 30, 2018, 05:15:42 pm »

Yes, I know it from The Wire (;)). It's still not available in the EU because of EU laws that apply to us surfing from EU countries.

Anyway, I didn't intend for this to take up space, it was just a comment that I realise in hindsight I had no real reason for posting except that it was my immediate reaction and that I had to share that. Just Twitterbrain problems!
Love, scriver~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22118 on: July 30, 2018, 05:20:12 pm »

Random local politics, presented with no comment.  Do we have a local politics thread?
http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/ac-cn-light-rail-0729-story.html
Residents say the light rail station, along with the presence of a blood plasma donation center, has contributed to the decline of the shopping center and an increase in petty crime in the area.
... What?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22119 on: July 30, 2018, 05:34:41 pm »

It's not that complicated, they're saying that the extra-affordable transportation is attracting people who can't afford a car.  Including homeless panhandlers and criminals.  Blood plasma "donation" would too, because people get payed for the plasma.  It attracts poor (including college students in my experience, heh).

The main counterargument seems to be people claiming that the entire county is getting more homeless and criminals, and that people near the light rail assume it's just them and that the light rail is to blame.

Frankly IDK.  Sounds to me like it is attracting lowlifes, so in a way it's a valid concern, but it's not *making* impoverished people.  I'd expect that it's actually helping a lot of people work who otherwise wouldn't be able to.  If I was in any position to judge, I'd vote to keep it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #22120 on: July 30, 2018, 05:38:07 pm »

Give the houses near the light rail station to the homeless people. The current residents will be allowed to sleep in the station.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22121 on: July 30, 2018, 05:45:16 pm »

Eh, I think maybe they're suffering enough for the crime of daring to live near a place the government would someday build a land-value-destroying public service they don't need.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #22122 on: July 30, 2018, 05:54:02 pm »

The real problem is that corporations have done so much to destroy the traditional savings route (pension + reasonable salaries + benefits are now a fantasy) that the only way people save up wealth anymore is in home equity. It's like expecting people to save up money by reselling tulip bulbs.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22123 on: July 30, 2018, 05:59:48 pm »

Kemp wins the primary, which is good for me bc it means I have work for the next few months. It might be bad for GA, however, bc I think Kemp might just be stupid enough to try and pass that anti-lgbt bill that's been making the rounds for the past few years or so.

This is bad, because a big part of what's gonna help GA's economy get through the upcoming recession is the film industry, and a lot of film companies have threatened to move elsewhere if that bill gets passed.

ugh

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22124 on: July 30, 2018, 06:04:10 pm »

Tell me more about this 'upcoming recession'. It doesn't seem like a recession is imminent, though things could certainly go south in a hurry.
Pages: 1 ... 1473 1474 [1475] 1476 1477 ... 3567