Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 [1457] 1458 1459 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4224127 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #21840 on: July 21, 2018, 12:39:28 pm »

Disney's been doing all of that since the release of TNJ in regards to their movie. If you check you will find exactly the same patterns. Any company that can afford to seems to employ these tactics.

I'm glad people can recognize these patterns, though. Maybe we should be angry/care/not care/whatever but it's important not to let one's opinions be controlled in that manner.
Pretty much. Not much you can do to change the state of affairs, but also not much use in being ignorant either
Obligatory post music

I ignore them as a matter of course the same way I ignore pop-up ads. Manipulating people with super-obvious shill BS on social media seems like the latest thing that the last generation buys into because they didn't grow up with it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21841 on: July 21, 2018, 03:25:39 pm »

Donald is trying to deflect attention from his gaffes by bringing up the NFL players kneeling again, saying they should be banned for a season without pay if they take a knee.

It’s okay, when Putin comes, he’ll treat you right.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21842 on: July 21, 2018, 03:26:55 pm »

Almost like that was a ridiculous distraction to begin with.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #21843 on: July 21, 2018, 04:15:29 pm »

tapes on which Trump discussed the payments to Karen McDougal...this is just more evidence of Trump lying about committing crimes

Is it actually a crime to fuck a Playboy Bunny while your wife is pregnant and then lie about it?
Also, is it a crime to secretly record a confidential conversation about paying hush money to said Bunny?

Not rhetorical questions, I'm honestly unsure about the legal statutes regarding the specific circumstances under which these events occurred.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21844 on: July 21, 2018, 04:20:01 pm »

Secretly recording conversations is one of those things that varies wildly by context.  Wouldn't be surprised if the laws were different in every state too.

As for the first question, that's not illegal.  AFAIK the problem is that Cohen paid out hush money while Trump was running for president, which broke multiple campaign finance laws.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21845 on: July 21, 2018, 04:23:39 pm »

There's also the Clinton route, where lying about it can be considered a crime even if the incident wasn't.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21846 on: July 21, 2018, 04:32:01 pm »

If the payment was effectively equivalent to paying for good PR to be spread about you during a campaign (in this case, paying money to stop bad PR being spread during a campaign, which has an arguable equivalence) and there are legal limits/restrictions on the use of campaign finances (there are) and this was an off-the-books spend that shouldn't have been (IANAL, but it sounds like it is believed the actual lawyer involved "should have known better", even if it's a common underhand thing that everybody does) then there's clear need for litigation (or at least testing the quality of the proof and case-law).

The rest is flavour, not illegality per se. And it'll not change many people's opinions, either. (Extremely polarising as he is, the remaining 'swing-voters' not already committed to a position may not be enough mass to shift the centre-of-gravity.)

Ninjas, with subtly different and more succinct answers.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21847 on: July 21, 2018, 04:35:04 pm »

If the payment was effectively equivalent to paying for good PR to be spread about you during a campaign (in this case, paying money to stop bad PR being spread during a campaign, which has an arguable equivalence) and there are legal limits/restrictions on the use of campaign finances (there are) and this was an off-the-books spend that shouldn't have been (IANAL, but it sounds like it is believed the actual lawyer involved "should have known better", even if it's a common underhand thing that everybody does) then there's clear need for litigation (or at least testing the quality of the proof and case-law).

The rest is flavour, not illegality per se. And it'll not change many people's opinions, either. (Extremely polarising as he is, the remaining 'swing-voters' not already committed to a position may not be enough mass to shift the centre-of-gravity.)

Ninjas, with subtly different and more succinct answers.
So it sounds like the legality of this action is proportional to the skill of your defence lawyer

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21848 on: July 21, 2018, 04:36:49 pm »

Trump should defend himself. He knows the best worms birds words!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21849 on: July 21, 2018, 06:47:29 pm »

Active hostage situation at a Trader Joes in LA.

Guess now we have to arm the Trader Joes' staff members alongside our teachers.
Will we ever have enough good guys with guns to finally end the violence?

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21850 on: July 21, 2018, 07:49:52 pm »

Arizona Senate candidate who killed his mother supports 'good guys' with guns

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21851 on: July 21, 2018, 07:57:07 pm »

Opponent in other party wins, analysts attribute victory to having only murdered their mother-in-law

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21852 on: July 21, 2018, 09:12:49 pm »

Not really a great example, given how hard it is to get a concealed carry license in LA. Last I checked only a couple hundred people in the city have one.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21853 on: July 21, 2018, 09:30:40 pm »

The gunman was taken in without further incident.

Apparently the whole mess started when he shot his grandmother, seven times. Now I'm wondering just how mean that grandma was?

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21854 on: July 21, 2018, 09:53:36 pm »

The gunman was taken in without further incident.

Apparently the whole mess started when he shot his grandmother, seven times. Now I'm wondering just how mean that grandma was?
Probably like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0kRPXTBRqE
Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 [1457] 1458 1459 ... 3566