Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1423 1424 [1425] 1426 1427 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226935 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #21360 on: June 30, 2018, 01:48:44 pm »

Jiminy Cricket, dun, you are a bad man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21361 on: June 30, 2018, 01:59:15 pm »

Jiminy Cricket, dun, you are a bad man.

I have no idea what you are talking about .....
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21362 on: June 30, 2018, 04:27:08 pm »

Rotate a curved gouge on a piece of wood and carve out a circle, scribe two lines at right angles across the center, connect the ends with lines the same length, pow a square from a circle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21363 on: June 30, 2018, 04:45:09 pm »

Link to the article for the Alabama law? Because that sounds like something out of The Onion. Also, the symbol for pi is not p, it's π.

Funny how they say that the measurement of the temple fount was "exactly 30 cubits". Cubits are not an exact measurement: it's the length of an arbitrary person's forearm, probably Solomon's or David's in this case.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21364 on: June 30, 2018, 04:54:22 pm »

Rotate a curved gouge on a piece of wood and carve out a circle, scribe two lines at right angles across the center, connect the ends with lines the same length, pow a square from a circle.

That isn't actually what "squaring the circle" refers to. The problem refers to creating a square equal in area to a given circle through a finite number of steps via only a compass and a straightedge, which is impossible.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21365 on: June 30, 2018, 04:54:42 pm »

I think it's a joke, Akura.

It's not funny when it's believable.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21366 on: June 30, 2018, 04:56:10 pm »

You should have probably read the replies after that before replying yourself, Akura.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21367 on: June 30, 2018, 05:02:22 pm »

That isn't actually what "squaring the circle" refers to. The problem refers to creating a square equal in area to a given circle through a finite number of steps via only a compass and a straightedge, which is impossible.

Technically it’s a square within a circle, anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21368 on: June 30, 2018, 05:27:19 pm »

I was teasing by being practical: if you want a square mortice which could fit a given round tenon then I don't need to delve into the deeper mathematics, especially since after a few decimal places you'd be working with dimensions smaller than the individual cells of the wood, which is why I only know it to 80 places.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21369 on: June 30, 2018, 05:35:19 pm »

I can readily recite pi to 80 places, so long as you let me say that the last 70ish places are all zeroes.  ;)

(See, I have a rhyme assisting. My feeble brain, its tasks oft-times resisting.)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21370 on: June 30, 2018, 05:43:12 pm »

I was teasing by being practical: if you want a square mortice which could fit a given round tenon then I don't need to delve into the deeper mathematics, especially since after a few decimal places you'd be working with dimensions smaller than the individual cells of the wood, which is why I only know it to 80 places.

It's hardly practical if it doesn't actually attempt to solve the problem. It's just irrelevant, much like most of your boasting.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21371 on: June 30, 2018, 05:47:50 pm »

I can draw circles with a pencil.

Then, I can draw a face inside to make it a happy circle.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21372 on: June 30, 2018, 06:08:36 pm »

FOUL, DARK MAGICKS!! Burn the witch!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21373 on: June 30, 2018, 06:16:56 pm »

FOUL, DARK MAGICKS!! Burn the witch!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21374 on: June 30, 2018, 08:49:52 pm »

I suddenly have a soul and it's being scared into, help
(dang autocorrect, actually I'll leave it)

I tried to come up with something on-topic to post, but failed.  It's all depressing right now, the supreme court and another shooting.  Etc.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1423 1424 [1425] 1426 1427 ... 3566